News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

En_Route

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 26, 2012, 08:22:43 PM
Need new socks :(

And even they won't stay new for long. All is flux, m'dear.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Asmodean

Do like The Asmo - give up socking. Saves quite a lot of coin every year  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on February 26, 2012, 09:32:13 PM
Do like The Asmo - give up socking. Saves quite a lot of coin every year  ;D

In the summer, I prettymuch go barefoot all the time around the house, and I wear sandals outside whenever possible. I hate socks in hot weather. In cold weather though, socks come in very, VERY handy -- try going out into 2 and a half feet of snow in boots with no socks on your feet, see how far you get before your toes is froze.  ;D

I just ask for socks for Christmas, and I get a bunch of them. If they wear out, I get more from the dollar store and they work just fine.  :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

Quote from: Amicale on February 26, 2012, 10:15:04 PM
In cold weather though, socks come in very, VERY handy -- try going out into 2 and a half feet of snow in boots with no socks on your feet, see how far you get before your toes is froze.  ;D

Been there, done that. No thanks!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Amicale on February 26, 2012, 10:15:04 PM
try going out into 2 and a half feet of snow in boots with no socks on your feet, see how far you get before your toes is froze.  ;D
I don't do that unless it's unavoidable, and when it is, my boots are good enough not to require socks to keep me warm.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

I wish I could do that, but my horse riding boots are tight lace ups which rub my feet raw if I don't wear socks.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

How can you possibly achieve the ultimate fashion statement without socks?

Buddy

My driver's ed course just showed me a picture of a stop sign and asked what it meant. WTF?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 27, 2012, 12:54:01 AM
My driver's ed course just showed me a picture of a stop sign and asked what it meant. WTF?

I think it means it's time to get a new driver's ed instructor... :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Ali

Just got back from shopping; got 3 new dresses on a great sale.   :o  Now I'm watching the Oscars for some reason even though I have next to no interest in them.  Hubby put it on (which is weird because he also has no interest) and I'm too apathetic to hunt down the remote and change it.   :D

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on February 27, 2012, 01:42:05 AM
Just got back from shopping; got 3 new dresses on a great sale.   :o  Now I'm watching the Oscars for some reason even though I have next to no interest in them.  Hubby put it on (which is weird because he also has no interest) and I'm too apathetic to hunt down the remote and change it.   :D

Oooh. Where'd you go?

Ali

Macy's.  Got 3 dresses for $60!

Amicale

Ali

Quote from: Amicale on February 27, 2012, 05:45:24 AM
Quote from: Ali on February 27, 2012, 03:46:59 AM
Macy's.  Got 3 dresses for $60!

Your shopping trip reminds me of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS-ameyp9Ag&feature=related "Sheldon & Penny Go Shopping".  ;)

Just watched this episode tonight!  *Spooky*

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 27, 2012, 12:54:01 AM
It sort of describes itself in big white letters, does it not?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.