Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on February 22, 2012, 04:06:23 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 22, 2012, 02:58:14 PM
Shorts were short when I was a boy, we skimped so there'd be material for bandaging the soldiers at the front.

;D LOL

LOL is too easy, there should be a question or a statement/observation if you're daring.

Amicale

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 22, 2012, 05:32:07 PM
Shorts were short when I was a boy, we skimped so there'd be material for bandaging the soldiers at the front.

;D LOL

LOL is too easy, there should be a question or a statement/observation if you're daring.

I'll make one: It's a shame that your own shorts were so short. Especially seeing as soldier's "fronts" were apparently getting more material than you.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 22, 2012, 05:32:07 PM

;D LOL

Fine.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on February 22, 2012, 02:25:38 PM
Quote from: Amicale on February 22, 2012, 08:47:11 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on February 22, 2012, 08:41:11 AM
Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2012, 08:05:18 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 21, 2012, 05:04:16 PM
Want to go to Starbucks, but gotta get dressed first. Meeeh  x_x
You don't have to get dressed first  ;)

(Imagines the look on the barista's face) Priceless!  :D

Among the odd jobs I've worked, customer service is a field I've often found myself in. As a cashier at a drugstore, I saw people wander in, in all stages of undress. One memory sticks out: a guy in very ripped, very short 'short shorts', wearing his wife's flowered sparkly t-shirt. It was, he explained to me, the only outfit he could come up with from the clothing on his bedroom floor before he headed out to the store to purchase cold/flu meds.  :D

ROFL

I don't care if he was on death's very door, I can't imagine my husband wearing tiny shorts and one of my blouses.  And let's not forget that sick or not, he had to have already owned the tiny shorts and have worn them around recently for them to be accessible on the bedroom floor.  Unless they were also hers.  Hmmm.

LOL, in all honesty, they did look like women's shorts. But I tried not to stare. Especially with how ripped they were. It looked like someone had went at them with scissors on purpose. And, um, I prettymuch just thanked my lucky stars that the t-shirt was just long enough to cover something I was reasonably certain the shorts were NOT.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

En_Route

Shorts were non-existent when I was a lad. But that was a Catholic orphanage for you.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Harmonie

It's too hot outside (75 degrees). Well, I know most people would consider that nice and all, but it's not really too me. It's sunny and there's no wind, so it's uncomfortable, and beyond that it's WINTER. It hasn't even been cold at all this year.

I have no idea how I manage to live here anymore - It's too religious. It's too conservative. It's too hot. There are far better places in the US to live.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Amicale

Quote from: Radiant on February 22, 2012, 10:58:00 PM
It's too hot outside (75 degrees). Well, I know most people would consider that nice and all, but it's not really too me. It's sunny and there's no wind, so it's uncomfortable, and beyond that it's WINTER. It hasn't even been cold at all this year.

I have no idea how I manage to live here anymore - It's too religious. It's too conservative. It's too hot. There are far better places in the US to live.

I'm so jealous of your 75 degree weather. It snowed here today. It is freezing.

Traveler

I've been slammed with a nasty head cold. Bleh. :(
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Harmonie

Quote from: Amicale on February 22, 2012, 11:14:15 PM
Quote from: Radiant on February 22, 2012, 10:58:00 PM

I'm so jealous of your 75 degree weather. It snowed here today. It is freezing.

And I'm jealous of your snow and freezing. We've gotten very little of both of those this winter.

It only stayed below freezing one day. D:

Quote from: Traveler on February 22, 2012, 11:34:57 PM

Awww... I'm sorry! Hope you get to feeling better. I thought I was getting a cold earlier today but it went away fortunately.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

The Magic Pudding

I don't know why Google advanced comes up with print versions of old threads.
You can just delete the "action=printpage;topic" part of the address and it looks normal.

Sweetdeath

I just had home made tacos! Amaaaaazing *____*
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Guardian85

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 23, 2012, 04:24:08 AM
I just had home made tacos! Amaaaaazing *____*

Great! Now I'm hungry...

Oh, wait! I'm hungry all the time.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on February 23, 2012, 07:46:31 AM

Drink some scotch and take a nap. Works wonders for head colds.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 23, 2012, 09:24:14 AM
Quote from: Tank on February 23, 2012, 07:46:31 AM

Drink some scotch and take a nap. Works wonders for head colds.
Works for colds, but induces aches.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.