News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Buddy

I swear, I've about had it with me FFA chapter. This week is FFA week, so every member of the parliamentary team does the pledge of allegiance in the morning over the PA. Well, my day was Friday, but it got changed to today and nobody told me. So I got reamed by everybody on the team when I walked into the ag room. Not only that, but a few weeks ago, they found about my atheism (I'm not vocal about it). So they've been really cold towards me. I'm about ready to turn my jacket in.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Want a self cleaning rat cage xD
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 14, 2012, 04:00:15 PM

I want a self cleaning horse stall. :p
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 14, 2012, 04:03:41 PM

I want a self cleaning appartment.  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 14, 2012, 03:57:19 PM
I swear, I've about had it with me FFA chapter. This week is FFA week, so every member of the parliamentary team does the pledge of allegiance in the morning over the PA. Well, my day was Friday, but it got changed to today and nobody told me. So I got reamed by everybody on the team when I walked into the ag room. Not only that, but a few weeks ago, they found about my atheism (I'm not vocal about it). So they've been really cold towards me. I'm about ready to turn my jacket in.

FFA chapter?

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on February 14, 2012, 04:15:20 PM

FFA chapter?

Yea, like a branch. You have the national FFA and the you have chapters in almost every city

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 14, 2012, 04:12:54 PM

Especially clothing that folds themselves.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Guardian85

What in the he11 is an FFA? Can you eat it?  ???

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 14, 2012, 04:21:11 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 14, 2012, 04:15:20 PM

FFA chapter?

Yea, like a branch. You have the national FFA and the you have chapters in almost every city
LOL chapter I understand, it's the FFA TLA I was having trouble with.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Crow

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 14, 2012, 04:41:51 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on February 14, 2012, 04:12:54 PM
Especially clothing that folds themselves.
Clothes hangers, and a cleaner.
Retired member.

Davin

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 14, 2012, 03:57:19 PMI swear, I've about had it with me FFA chapter. This week is FFA week, so every member of the parliamentary team does the pledge of allegiance in the morning over the PA. Well, my day was Friday, but it got changed to today and nobody told me. So I got reamed by everybody on the team when I walked into the ag room. Not only that, but a few weeks ago, they found about my atheism (I'm not vocal about it). So they've been really cold towards me. I'm about ready to turn my jacket in.
I'd probably say, "one nation under Zeus" in the pledge. I have said "bob", "Ra", "sky", "space" and "foot" in place of god, but I don't remember saying "Zeus". I mostly just omit the "under god" part. I haven't said the 1954 version of the Pledge of Allegiance for a very long time.

On a side note; if you want to see what it would look like if Germans won the war, google "Bellamy Salute".
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Recusant

Future Farmers of America

I grew up living in the sticks outside of a very small town whose main economy is based on dairy farming, where the FFA was pretty important (this was several decades ago). I think they are actually a good organization, but it seems natural that most of the chapters would be more or less conservative, in both religion and politics.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on February 14, 2012, 04:54:37 PM
LOL chapter I understand, it's the FFA TLA I was having trouble with.

TLA?

Quote from: Davin on February 14, 2012, 05:03:05 PM
I'd probably say, "one nation under Zeus" in the pledge. I have said "bob", "Ra", "sky", "space" and "foot" in place of god, but I don't remember saying "Zeus". I mostly just omit the "under god" part. I haven't said the 1954 version of the Pledge of Allegiance for a very long time.

On a side note; if you want to see what it would look like if Germans won the war, google "Bellamy Salute".

I don't even say it. I just stand quietly

Tank