News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 09, 2012, 07:15:39 PM
Okay, I know I'm quiet in class, but this is ridiculous. I sit in the front row of desks in my maths class. My teacher stands right next to my desk when he lectures, which is for about half of the class. I also answered some of the questions that he asked. Five minutes until the bell rings, I'm working on my homework and he comes up to my desk and asks me if I was in class the whole time. Apparently, he counted me absent. I am now invisible. What worse, this isn't the first time it's happened to me. For some reason, I find it really funny.
That should teach you to sit in the back of the class. Or, announce your name everytime you ask or answer a a question, like a reporter.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Okay, I know I'm quiet in class, but this is ridiculous. I sit in the front row of desks in my maths class. My teacher stands right next to my desk when he lectures, which is for about half of the class. I also answered some of the questions that he asked. Five minutes until the bell rings, I'm working on my homework and he comes up to my desk and asks me if I was in class the whole time. Apparently, he counted me absent. I am now invisible. What worse, this isn't the first time it's happened to me. For some reason, I find it really funny.
Make yourself a small flag and wave it until the teacher spots you  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on February 09, 2012, 07:23:38 PM

Maybe I'll just attach a strobe light to me head.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Yeah, the flag can say 'be there or be rhombus!' -- it may give a math geek a laugh.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Davin

Quote from: Amicale on February 09, 2012, 07:29:51 PM

Yeah, the flag can say 'be there or be rhombus!' -- it may give a math geek a laugh.
Oooh, or "i am not imaginary!"
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 09, 2012, 07:25:48 PM

Maybe I'll just attach a strobe light to me head.  :D
Or get a pea shooter!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

I hate being motion sick sooo much!! >___<
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on February 09, 2012, 06:27:50 PM
Quote from: Amicale on February 09, 2012, 05:37:35 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on February 09, 2012, 05:29:55 PM
CERN.

What about CERN? Upping the hadron collider's energy, or something else?
I too would like to understand Asmo's cryptic comment.
Just drooling over job opportunities...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Keep dreaming! Noone in their right mind would give you access to a super collider.  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Top Gear is doing a segment on an Audi RS4 and I waannt it.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

I very rarely get mad, but I'm pissed as all hell right now. I've been trying to get ahold of someone all day, they haven't responded to calls or texts, so finally when I texted and asked 'are you OK? I'm kinda worried. Haven't heard from you all day...' the response was 'I'm OK. Party after work. Lots of beer!' I asked if they were driving home. They said yes. I asked if they were drunk. They said yes. I told them not to drive, to grab a motel for the night (it's an hour's drive home), they said no, they were driving anyhow. This person's normally sensible, has children waiting for them at home, and was supposed to discuss a few important issues with me today, but it got blown off, and now they're driving home drunk. Fan-fucking-tastic. I hope a cop pulls them over. Seriously. That's one ticket they deserve.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 09, 2012, 11:57:13 PM
Keep dreaming! Noone in their right mind would give you access to a super collider.  ;D
Oh, but they would. And perhaps they will.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Amicale on February 10, 2012, 03:07:43 AM
I very rarely get mad, but I'm pissed as all hell right now. I've been trying to get ahold of someone all day, they haven't responded to calls or texts, so finally when I texted and asked 'are you OK? I'm kinda worried. Haven't heard from you all day...' the response was 'I'm OK. Party after work. Lots of beer!' I asked if they were driving home. They said yes. I asked if they were drunk. They said yes. I told them not to drive, to grab a motel for the night (it's an hour's drive home), they said no, they were driving anyhow. This person's normally sensible, has children waiting for them at home, and was supposed to discuss a few important issues with me today, but it got blown off, and now they're driving home drunk. Fan-fucking-tastic. I hope a cop pulls them over. Seriously. That's one ticket they deserve.

((Amicale))  It's hard when a friend is making terrible decisions. 

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on February 10, 2012, 04:23:35 PM
Quote from: Amicale on February 10, 2012, 03:07:43 AM

((Amicale))  It's hard when a friend is making terrible decisions.  

Thanks. In the end, my friend decided to be slightly more sensible, and stayed at their office until the alcohol wore off somewhat, several hours later. They got home at about 1 am, sigh, and had to get back up at 6 for work. I can only hope the ensuing hangover causes them to think 'well, that was dumb of me, lets not do that again!' Still... yeah, I was prettymuch worried all night. Especially since 1 am their time was 4 am my time, ugh. That's just how I am. Until I know my friends and loved ones are safe, I constantly think about it, can't sleep, etc. They don't call me 'mom' for nothing.  :P

Ali

I'm glad your friend decided not to risk it.  Haha about being "mom"; I'm the same way.  Last time I forgot my husband was going to be home late because of parent teacher conferences I was seriously ready to start calling all of the hospitals.  LOL