News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on February 05, 2012, 02:55:49 PM
I hate football. I am pretty excited for the Puppy Bowl today though.

??? Please clarify.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

I think that was pretty much the last thing I would have guessed!!!  :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on February 05, 2012, 04:35:07 PM
Sorry! I swear I don't purposefully try to be cryptic toward people who don't live in the U.S.! Today is the NFL Super Bowl.

Wikipedia sums up the cuteness that is Puppy Bowl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppy_Bowl

I'm not sure if the Animal Planet website is available to you. I hope it is because then you can look at the starting line-up for the Puppy Bowl:

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/puppy-bowl/

Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one who watches puppy bowl.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

I'm totally in love with a puppy from the Starting Line Up.  Leroy Brown.  Sooo freaking cute.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/puppy-bowl/starting-lineup/starting-lineup-18.html

Ali

Guardian85

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on February 05, 2012, 04:35:07 PM
Sorry! I swear I don't purposefully try to be cryptic toward people who don't live in the U.S.! Today is the NFL Super Bowl.

Wikipedia sums up the cuteness that is Puppy Bowl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppy_Bowl

I'm not sure if the Animal Planet website is available to you. I hope it is because then you can look at the starting line-up for the Puppy Bowl:

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/puppy-bowl/

Ok. I suppose that is also a way to waste an afternoon.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on February 05, 2012, 06:58:14 PM
I'm totally in love with a puppy from the Starting Line Up.  Leroy Brown.  Sooo freaking cute.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/puppy-bowl/starting-lineup/starting-lineup-18.html

Is he the baddest puppy in the whole damn town? Badder than old King Kong? And meaner than a junkyard dog??  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Took Vinnie for a trail ride today. First one by ourselves. He did really good. Took him a few minutes to calm down, with all the horse-eating monsters (logs) and demons (deer). But after that, it was really fun.

Edit* Typo, again
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Harmonie

Having to go to the dentist tomorrow has been on my mind. I'm not really scared about it, it's just a cleaning and checking to see if I have any cavities. It's more that I don't want to go (it's not fun for me since I have so much trouble keeping my mouth open), and since I have band right afterward it means I will be out more than normal tomorrow.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Ali

BH - glad your horse is doing much better!

Radiant - I hate going to the dentist too!  I hate hate HATE getting my teeth picked at with the scrapey thing!

As for me, just thinking about how weird little kids can be.  This weekend, we spent quite a bit of time rearranging T's room.  He used to have this huge old hand-me-down dresser that we got from Jon's great aunt that literally took up one whole wall of his smallish bedroom, and a rocking chair.  With those, his bed, and a small bookcase, we really didn't have much room to put anything else in there, including the majority of his toys.  This weekend we moved out that huge dresser and the rocking chair, and got a bunch of storage stuff for his toys and a new kid-friendly dresser.  His room is awesome now, and has a ton more floor space (so much room for activities!) And he is scared to death to go to sleep in there.  I think it's just too much change all at once - suddenly his bed is in a different place, his bookcase is in a different place, his rocker is gone, his dresser is gone, and he's got all of this weird new furniture, and he finds this completely unsettling.  I had to lay in bed with him until he fell asleep tonight, which is not normal; he's been going to sleep on his own in his room since he was a baby.  It's funny how different kids are from adults; I would be psyched to get a bunch of new furniture and a new and improved bedroom.

Buddy

I love getting a sub off topic. twenty minutes into class and not a thing done.  ;D

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 06, 2012, 03:03:06 PM
I love getting a sub off topic. twenty minutes into class and not a thing done.  ;D
Counter productive young lady! Get back to work!  ;D

Harmonie

Quote from: Ali on February 06, 2012, 03:58:44 AMRadiant - I hate going to the dentist too!  I hate hate HATE getting my teeth picked at with the scrapey thing!

The most uncomfortable part for me is the flossing.

I don't actually do that myself. I only brush.  :D

Either way, it's over now and they didn't find any cavities. I'm so relieved! (just because even though I do brush a lot, I still end up with them anyway, and I just got teeth filled around a month ago).

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Sweetdeath

I rinse and gargle with peroxide. It helps prevent cavities after I brush.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.