News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on January 26, 2012, 05:06:17 PM
Look what I found!
Is that a banana with a huge... Banana? Or is it a banana doing its fellow fruit?  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 26, 2012, 05:19:26 PM

LOL.  This is a perfect response.

Asmo, I think they're "knockin' peels."  So to speak.

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on January 26, 2012, 05:30:43 PM

LOL.  This is a perfect response.

Tis my favorite reaction face.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Whitney

today my phone dropped out of my pocket and took a bath in the toilet...it didn't survive; turns on, won't make calls, won't turn off without pulling battery and screen flickers.  So I got to deal with that and now have this really awesome old loaner phone until my replacement phone comes in (apparently have to wait till early february according to the processing email i got today...blah).  I use my phone for almost everything...calorie tracking, podcasts, ebooks, pinterest...I miss it already.

Tank

Quote from: Whitney on January 26, 2012, 11:03:42 PM
today my phone dropped out of my pocket and took a bath in the toilet...it didn't survive; turns on, won't make calls, won't turn off without pulling battery and screen flickers.  So I got to deal with that and now have this really awesome old loaner phone until my replacement phone comes in (apparently have to wait till early february according to the processing email i got today...blah).  I use my phone for almost everything...calorie tracking, podcasts, ebooks, pinterest...I miss it already.
Go to a car accessory shop and buy some de-ionised water. Take the battery out of your phone. Flush your phone and the battery with the water at least three times. Shake out as much water as you can and then put the phone in the airing cupbord for 24 hours without the battery or cover on it. 95% chance it will work fine after this.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

...OR do as Asmos do, and get a new one.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

It's the poo that clogs 'em up.

Too Few Lions

I justy sold my flat and moved in with my girlfriend, which has been a whole week of stress, and I'm very happy it's now over. Was working on it 9am-4.30am solid yesterday, then woke up at 8pm and have worked through to them moving in at 7pm this evening. I hope the buyers enjoy their new flat, I certainly intend to enjoy the money they paid me  :D

Tank

Quote from: Too Few Lions on January 27, 2012, 09:23:09 PM
I justy sold my flat and moved in with my girlfriend, which has been a whole week of stress, and I'm very happy it's now over. Was working on it 9am-4.30am solid yesterday, then woke up at 8pm and have worked through to them moving in at 7pm this evening. I hope the buyers enjoy their new flat, I certainly intend to enjoy the money they paid me  :D
Bravo! I assume your post count will now deminish?

Sweetdeath

That's great, too few Lions!
I can't wait to move in with my girlfriend. I miss her too much.  Especially watching Merlin by myself sucks.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Too Few Lions

thanks Tank and SD, I'm very happy to be mortgage free. My post count won't diminish for a bit, but I'm planning on buying a motorhome and touring Europe with my girlfriend. So I might be a bit irregular later on in the year, but I'll post plenty of piccies in the photos thread whenever I get near the internet instead!

Ali

Guardian85

Quote from: Whitney on January 26, 2012, 11:03:42 PM
today my phone dropped out of my pocket and took a bath in the toilet...it didn't survive; turns on, won't make calls, won't turn off without pulling battery and screen flickers.  So I got to deal with that and now have this really awesome old loaner phone until my replacement phone comes in (apparently have to wait till early february according to the processing email i got today...blah).  I use my phone for almost everything...calorie tracking, podcasts, ebooks, pinterest...I miss it already.

If you were a dude, this would just be a good excuse to go get a newer, better, cooler phone with a lot of features and gizmos you are never, ever gonna use. Or is that just me?  ::)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-