News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corgilover

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 15, 2012, 05:13:22 AM
Watching Saturday Night Live with Daniel Radcliff. <3

Squee! I watched it too!

I only wish I could have been in the audience.

Too Few Lions

if anyone's in the UK, there's a tasty debate on BBC1 on the existence of 'God' between atheists and theists. So far the atheists are whipping theist butt!

Tank

Quote from: Too Few Lions on January 15, 2012, 10:16:04 AM
if anyone's in the UK, there's a tasty debate on BBC1 on the existence of 'God' between atheists and theists. So far the atheists are whipping theist butt!
Switched it on!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Tank on January 15, 2012, 10:18:12 AM
Switched it on!
it's really good so far, plus it's got the beautiful Francesca Stavrakopoulou in the front row for the atheists  :D

Too Few Lions

I'm also hoping for some theist infighting between the various sects before the end of the show!

Recusant

Thanks for the heads-up, Too Few Lions.  8)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sweetdeath

Quote from: corgilover on January 15, 2012, 06:16:44 AM

Squee! I watched it too!

I only wish I could have been in the audience.

Yay, same~
I loved the Harry Potter sketch. I knew they were going to do one.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Too Few Lions on January 15, 2012, 10:26:03 AM
Quote from: Tank on January 15, 2012, 10:18:12 AM
Switched it on!
it's really good so far, plus it's got the beautiful Francesca Stavrakopoulou in the front row for the atheists  :D
Now I'm 110% wound up! Grrrrrr  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Tank on January 15, 2012, 11:43:26 AM
that's not a good way to start your Sunday! it was funny how the debate was supposed to be about 'Is there any evidence for the existence of God', but the theists never really tried to supply any, and some even tried to argue that their god is beyond science and empirical measurement, so you can't apply that idea of evidence to it. All rather convenient...

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Too Few Lions on January 15, 2012, 12:07:11 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 15, 2012, 11:43:26 AM
that's not a good way to start your Sunday! it was funny how the debate was supposed to be about 'Is there any evidence for the existence of God', but the theists never really tried to supply any, and some even tried to argue that their god is beyond science and empirical measurement, so you can't apply that idea of evidence to it. All rather convenient...

They have slippery tactics. But I guess that's common knoweledge by now. ::)

Who were on the theist's side? I can't watch it until somebody upload the program to YouTube...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

I love when they day god can't be measured by science or logic. XD and of course, men.wrote the bible, so it has to be all truuue~

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Haven't watched it yet, but can't wait! (Have it DVR'ed, just waiting for the hubs to come home.)

Did you know he's an atheist?  :D  Another reason to love him....

http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/07/06/shock-horror-harry-potter-star-daniel-radcliffe-is-an-atheist/

Sweetdeath

I did not know that!!!
Now I love him 1,000x more.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 15, 2012, 01:56:23 PM
Who were on the theist's side? I can't watch it until somebody upload the program to YouTube...
various priests and imams, who of course differed on their interpretation of 'God' and his interaction with the world. One was both a priest/theologian and physicist at Oxford University  ::)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Too Few Lions on January 15, 2012, 10:23:17 PM
One was both a priest/theologian and physicist at Oxford University  ::)

I think I know who that might be. Did he have white hair?

I watched a debate some time ago with a priest/oxford physicist, but was far from impressed. ::) He tried to go a bit beyond his area of expertise and that was slightly disasterous...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey