News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Haha I wanted the eagles to win for the opposite reason, because my boyfriend is a huge Packers fan and for once I get to be the smug one.

I just sent him a text with this

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dave

Still awake at 0515 and have just heard the Superbowl result on the BBC World Service.

Got your Smug Mug on then, Buddy?

:grin:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

jumbojak

Quote from: Buddy on February 05, 2018, 02:44:26 AM
I'm rooting for the Eagles tonight in the Super Bowl. It's so close!

Close is an understatement. That game wasn't actually over until the very last play. I really thought New England was going to pull it off.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

I didn't get to watch the game because I worked all night but I also expected the patriots to win. I'm honestly more of a hockey fan than football but I'm always happy when Philadelphia wins something. That and having most people where I live be Patriots fans makes the win that much sweeter.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

I have a truck on my mind. Specifically a 1991 Ford F250 that my brother turned down because it was a diesel. He didn't want to bother with the expense of maintaining it due to his experience with newer Ford diesel engines. This one is an older design, fully mechanical, and relatively cheap to maintain. Built like an old tractor it'll rattle but it'll also have that wonderful diesel smell. I live a bit of NOX in the morning...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

I just got back from a yoga class hosted by a cat rescue. It was as amazing as it sounds.

Dragonia

Quote from: jumbojak on February 12, 2018, 11:36:36 PM
I have a truck on my mind. Specifically a 1991 Ford F250 that my brother turned down because it was a diesel. He didn't want to bother with the expense of maintaining it due to his experience with newer Ford diesel engines. This one is an older design, fully mechanical, and relatively cheap to maintain. Built like an old tractor it'll rattle but it'll also have that wonderful diesel smell. I live a bit of NOX in the morning...
We have a '97 f250 power stroke, the old girl just keeps going and going. It helps to know how to work on it, but we're well over 300 K now. Love that truck, love that body style!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

jumbojak

Quote from: Buddy on February 13, 2018, 12:48:30 AM
I just got back from a yoga class hosted by a cat rescue. It was as amazing as it sounds.

I tried to follow a yoga show on TV once. It looked easy but I managed to hurt myself. I wouldn't dare to try it with cats running around!

jumbojak

Quote from: Dragonia on February 13, 2018, 03:03:43 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on February 12, 2018, 11:36:36 PM
We have a '97 f250 power stroke, the old girl just keeps going and going. It helps to know how to work on it, but we're well over 300 K now. Love that truck, love that body style!

The 7.3 powerstrokes were good engines too. Keep the fuel filters changed and a set of good glow plugs on hand and you're ready for most anything. At 300k yours is just broken in. The IDI I'm thinking about is right at 150k miles. There would be a few modifications to eventually make but that'd come as time and funds allowed.

Dragonia

Quote from: jumbojak on February 13, 2018, 05:51:49 AM
The 7.3 powerstrokes were good engines too. Keep the fuel filters changed and a set of good glow plugs on hand and you're ready for most anything. At 300k yours is just broken in. The IDI I'm thinking about is right at 150k miles. There would be a few modifications to eventually make but that'd come as time and funds allowed.

150k? It's still just a baby! Get it quick! :)

Davin

Quote from: jumbojak on February 13, 2018, 05:46:00 AM

I tried to follow a yoga show on TV once. It looked easy but I managed to hurt myself. I wouldn't dare to try it with cats running around!
My cat likes to get in my way when I work out.

He likes to lay on my bench, and I have to move him a lot. Likes to walk under my when doing pull ups. And he also likes to rub against my arms, then lay on my hand and/or under my face when I'm doing push ups.

He does stay away from the weights though, which is good because right now they are each four times heavier than him.

If I kick him out and shut the door, he will bang on it and meow non-stop for the whole hour.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

jumbojak

Quote from: Dragonia on February 13, 2018, 01:08:02 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on February 13, 2018, 05:51:49 AM

150k? It's still just a baby! Get it quick! :)

The engine is a baby but I'll have to go over the truck itself pretty thoroughly. I have daydreams about building something like this though...

jumbojak

Quote from: Davin on February 13, 2018, 02:16:40 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on February 13, 2018, 05:46:00 AM

My cat likes to get in my way when I work out.

He likes to lay on my bench, and I have to move him a lot. Likes to walk under my when doing pull ups. And he also likes to rub against my arms, then lay on my hand and/or under my face when I'm doing push ups.

He does stay away from the weights though, which is good because right now they are each four times heavier than him.

If I kick him out and shut the door, he will bang on it and meow non-stop for the whole hour.

I don't work out but if I did and had a cat I'd probably spend time exercising my hands... with a squirter bottle!

Dragonia

I got very shaken up this morning. As I was driving to the store, on the side of the road, there were tons of cop cars, the frontage road was totally blocked, so I slowed down and looked, because I didn't see any crashed cars or anything. I wish I would have just minded my own business.
There was a black screen put up, but it didn't cover anything. There were two dead bodies laying on the grass together. Nobody was doing anything with them. I found out later that they had been there for at least 2 1/2 hours. They had been killed when someone ran into them, as they were putting gas in one of their cars that had run out.
I am kind of a crybaby anyway, but this really bothered me. I don't have a problem with death itself,  but I do have a problem with a human being maimed and crushed to death. I just keep wondering why it bothers me so much to have just glimpsed this? Is it their families my heart hurts for? Is it simply the strangeness of seeing dead people? Maybe the fact that they were just laying all alone on the side of the road? I don't know. But it has bothered me all day and made me quite sad.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Dragonia on February 14, 2018, 09:49:26 PM
I got very shaken up this morning. As I was driving to the store, on the side of the road, there were tons of cop cars, the frontage road was totally blocked, so I slowed down and looked, because I didn't see any crashed cars or anything. I wish I would have just minded my own business.
There was a black screen put up, but it didn't cover anything. There were two dead bodies laying on the grass together. Nobody was doing anything with them. I found out later that they had been there for at least 2 1/2 hours. They had been killed when someone ran into them, as they were putting gas in one of their cars that had run out.
I am kind of a crybaby anyway, but this really bothered me. I don't have a problem with death itself,  but I do have a problem with a human being maimed and crushed to death. I just keep wondering why it bothers me so much to have just glimpsed this? Is it their families my heart hurts for? Is it simply the strangeness of seeing dead people? Maybe the fact that they were just laying all alone on the side of the road? I don't know. But it has bothered me all day and made me quite sad.

Sorry you had this experience.  It's probably your empathy that caused the reaction - those were real people with real families and real dreams, and now they are gone.  I would have felt the same way.