News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

ZOMG RUN!

Started by tymygy, October 03, 2010, 09:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "karadan"If there was a group of survivors then an oil rig might be a good place to live if trying to escape a '28 days later' style zombie outbreak. Food and water wouldn't be an issue although after a couple of years you'd only have fish to eat. The zombies in 28 days later eventually die of starvation anyway, so waiting a year before getting back to land would be no big deal.
Fish, eh..? What if the oceans arte contaminated and the fish is like... Zombified..?  ;)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Asmodean

Quote from: "karadan"Name me a zombie movie where that happens... There aren't. Man, you have such UNREALISTIC expectations for the zombie apocalypse!!!  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Roganthis72

Zombie contingencys eh?  I got a few actually, depending on where I am at the time.

At home:
Grab my SKS and 30-06 and head over to my ex-infantry friend's place Where he has a large collection of guns, some of which share ammo with my own (his SKS and his AK-47).  From there we have several 2 options.  WE can either hole up in his cellar, or continue on across town (only about 1/2 a km, not a big town).  If we continue on we would head back to my place and grab a bunch of food and whatnot.  If we get stuck we go up into my loft and destroy the staircase leading up to it  (eventually I will be placing a false wall infront of this staricase making it a secret room, in which I plan to consume uprorious amounts of a certain plant).  If all goes well we would make our way down the block to the fire hall where we would grab our gear (for protection, we're both firefighters) and a collection of forcible entry hand tools and other melee weapons.  If we get stuck there we go up the hose tower and wait it out.  Otherwise we grab a truck and head across town to my old workplace, a lumber yard.  By now several of my other friends will have also gotten to the lumber yard.  We use the bricks and other building materials to make it into an impervious fortress.  Then we set a gondola system running down to the grocery store (again, with materials from the store) and we are set to go.  Oh, yeah, the lumber yard has an exxesive amount of ammunition and several crossbows w/ bolts on display.

At work:
Grab a crowbar, go to upstars area, destroy stairs.  Hold out until I can make it to the hardware store downtown.

Around town:  GO to my own house, then follow plan from there.

Out of town:  I'm screwed.
BBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

tymygy

Quote from: "karadan"Name me a zombie movie where that happens... There aren't. Man, you have such UNREALISTIC expectations for the zombie apocalypse!!!  :D

Well, if every animal is infected, the only hope is vegetation.

So you would have to find a way to crow crops on an oil rig.
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

Asmodean

Quote from: "tymygy"So you would have to find a way to crow crops on an oil rig.
Nono, I am sittin' in a fortress, playin' with ye old black powder cannons  :devil: Evil Genius style
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

tymygy

Quote from: "tymygy"So you would have to find a way to crow crops on an oil rig.
Nono, I am sittin' in a fortress, playin' with ye old black powder cannons  :devil: Evil Genius style

Smart! I think I will join you.

In a year the zombie willbe as common as the common house cat.
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

pinkocommie

It'd be smooth sailing until the eruption of the Zombie Civil Rights movement, spurred by riots in Chicago and New York and led by Zombies and Zombie sympathizers holding signs that read No Slavery For Brains and Zombies Were People Too!
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Asmodean

Quote from: "pinkocommie"It'd be smooth sailing until the eruption of the Zombie Civil Rights movement, spurred by riots in Chicago and New York and led by Zombies and Zombie sympathizers holding signs that read No Slavery For Brains and Zombies Were People Too!
Which is why by that time, I would have a monstrously powerful riot supression force consisting of well-paid free zombies and minimum wage security guards.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Asmodean"Which is why by that time, I would have a monstrously powerful riot supression force consisting of well-paid free zombies and minimum wage security guards.  :D

Well perhaps.
But most of your A class dictators motivate through prejudice and resentment, rather than payment.
The norms are worthy of hate because they hoard all the fresh brains.
Other zombies can be distinguished in some way, foot draggers, moaners or green bodily fluid drippers.
Nobody likes a fluid dripper, you can use this to your advantage.

Quote from: "pinkocommie"It'd be smooth sailing until the eruption of the Zombie Civil Rights movement, spurred by riots in Chicago and New York and led by Zombies and Zombie sympathizers holding signs that read No Slavery For Brains and Zombies Were People Too!
Zombies Were People Too! :D  :)

Prometheus

I've planned for most anything. I'm actually expecting some sort of civil break down in my lifetime be it from warfar, plague, overpopulation, or resource depletion. I have a semi automatic 12 gauge with 300+ shells, 5 other shotguns, a bolt action 30-06 with 80+ shells, and 2 lightweight 22 rifles with scope with 5000+ shells sitting in my gunroom. Some other guns and ammo also 3 bows and lots of combat knives. I also have several hiking backbacks and enough army surplus ammo boxes to keep my ammo safe and dry. A good idea might be to use some of these airtight boxes to cache ammo out in the mountains around my house too. We have a well on our property which i have a rope and narrow bucket rig for(There will be no electricity likely). Also water sterilization tablets and a filter pump which is supposed to be just as good. Packable pots and pans. lanterns, stove and heater capable of running off gasoline which i plan to siphon from abandoned cars. Extra lighters and a flint striker. Also cottonballs and petroleum jelly for starting fires in the rain safely. tarps, tents, sleeping bags. Extra salt, pepper, and flour(Could actually use a bit more of these things). Also a stockpile of sealable plastic containers. Coke and juice bottles are good. Some even have little taps which can be tied to your pack. Winter clothes and blankets. fishing gear. Jars and equipment for canning and heirloom seeds for planting sustainable crops(Peppers are what i like best. They would be good for trade and for making your food taste better. Beans, potatoes, tomatoes, squash, corn, okra, etc). I don't have any but some tobbacco would be nice. Also hoes, rakes mattocks, etc.

My plan is to gather up my family and friends and head deeper into the mountains which i live in. Shotguns are for close range/nighttime encounters and hunting. 30-06 is for daylight protection. I can accurately shoot up to 200 yards with it and if i really needed to i might be able to make a kill at 600yds(Proffessional snipers do it easily). I keep a chart on my weapons drop ratio with my ammo but i don't have that kind of range to practice on. I'm a deer hunter so your average person probably wouldn't even notice me in my mountains even if they walked right beside me if i was hiding.  The 22 rifle is a must have for everyone. The bullets cost about a nickle each and a good hunter with a scope can kill rabbit, squirrel, birds,  and rats easily with one shot. I took 3 squirrels like this a week ago just to sharpen my skills. 3 shots 3 kills. tasty. Also, when ammo's running low they could put out decent suppressive fire or be used to injure pursuers which is even better than killing them out right because it slows down the group. Bows are good because they are silent but your effective range is only about 40 yards. The main appeal is that a dozen arrows can last a long time if you're careful with them. My main problem is carrying all this stuff to my camp :P I'd have to make several trips to get it all.

I know my mountains pretty well and water is plentiful. I am able to drink it without purification provided the spring is relatively clean. I've built up a resistance to most of the biota of my region. Right now acorns are plentiful and a know which tubers i can eat(I'm 1/16 Cherokee and my family passes these things down.). The acorns need to be ground up and boiled. Then you take a  towel, shirt, or colinder and rinse them until no more cloudy stuff comes off. the cloudy stuff is tannin and makes you sicker than hell. My ancestors lives this way for a long time and had a more diverse diet and some say a better standard of living than all but teh most prosperous industrial/agricultural nations. There are "Rock houses" and caves all over these mountains and plenty of fire wood and game. I can hike all day without getting winded and i can set up a camp practically in my sleep. I'd say i could survive indefinately with a group of up to 20 so long as everyone pulled their weight. My only concern is fending off rival humans who might compete with us for game and supplies or who might just want to kill us for the hell of it.

I'm not really worried about hordes of undead. But if they came along i'm certain me and my redneck buddies would have a field day rofl.
"There's a new, secret hazing process where each new member must track down and eliminate an old member before being granted full forum privileges.  10 posts is just a front.  Don't get too comfy, your day will come..."-PC

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: "Prometheus"I've planned for most anything. I'm actually expecting some sort of civil break down in my lifetime be it from warfar, plague, overpopulation, or resource depletion. I have a semi automatic 12 gauge with 300+ shells, 5 other shotguns, a bolt action 30-06 with 80+ shells, and 2 lightweight 22 rifles with scope with 5000+ shells sitting in my gunroom. Some other guns and ammo also 3 bows and lots of combat knives. I also have several hiking backbacks and enough army surplus ammo boxes to keep my ammo safe and dry. A good idea might be to use some of these airtight boxes to cache ammo out in the mountains around my house too. We have a well on our property which i have a rope and narrow bucket rig for(There will be no electricity likely). Also water sterilization tablets and a filter pump which is supposed to be just as good. Packable pots and pans. lanterns, stove and heater capable of running off gasoline which i plan to siphon from abandoned cars. Extra lighters and a flint striker. Also cottonballs and petroleum jelly for starting fires in the rain safely. tarps, tents, sleeping bags. Extra salt, pepper, and flour(Could actually use a bit more of these things). Also a stockpile of sealable plastic containers. Coke and juice bottles are good. Some even have little taps which can be tied to your pack. Winter clothes and blankets. fishing gear. Jars and equipment for canning and heirloom seeds for planting sustainable crops(Peppers are what i like best. They would be good for trade and for making your food taste better. Beans, potatoes, tomatoes, squash, corn, okra, etc). I don't have any but some tobbacco would be nice. Also hoes, rakes mattocks, etc.

My plan is to gather up my family and friends and head deeper into the mountains which i live in. Shotguns are for close range/nighttime encounters and hunting. 30-06 is for daylight protection. I can accurately shoot up to 200 yards with it and if i really needed to i might be able to make a kill at 600yds(Proffessional snipers do it easily). I keep a chart on my weapons drop ratio with my ammo but i don't have that kind of range to practice on. I'm a deer hunter so your average person probably wouldn't even notice me in my mountains even if they walked right beside me if i was hiding. The 22 rifle is a must have for everyone. The bullets cost about a nickle each and a good hunter with a scope can kill rabbit, squirrel, birds, and rats easily with one shot. I took 3 squirrels like this a week ago just to sharpen my skills. 3 shots 3 kills. tasty. Also, when ammo's running low they could put out decent suppressive fire or be used to injure pursuers which is even better than killing them out right because it slows down the group. Bows are good because they are silent but your effective range is only about 40 yards. The main appeal is that a dozen arrows can last a long time if you're careful with them. My main problem is carrying all this stuff to my camp ;)
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.