News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Personality test

Started by Asmodean, February 01, 2016, 03:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Cool and sort of accurate.

http://www.16personalities.com

I got "Debater" with the following breakdown:

61% Extraverted
63% Intuitive
86% Thinking
71% Prospecting
69% Assertive

Based on as honest answers as I could provide, the only one I disagree with is intuitive vs. observing. My intuitive score is 15-or-so points too high, but overall, it wouldn't have changed the outcome.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Logician (INTP-a)

Mind: 47% Extrovert, 53% Introvert
Energy: 59% Intuitive, 41% Observant
Nature: 69% Thinking, 31% Feeling
Tactics: 36% Judging, 64% Tactics
Identity: 90% assertive, 10% Turbulent

After reading the full description I am pretty damn surprised at how accurate it is, or accurate of my own interpretation of myself.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

I'm a INTP-T 'Logician'.

"The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history."

Mind: 68% Extrovert, 32% Introvert
Energy: 58% Intuitive, 42% Observant
Nature: 56% Thinking, 44% Feeling
Tactics: 46% Judging, 54% Tactics
Identity: 20% Assertive, 80% Turbulent

Tom62

I'm an INTP-A "Logican" as well.

Mind: 27% Extraverted, 73% Introverted
Energy: 56% Intuitive,  44% Observant
Nature: 77% Thinking, 23% Feeling
Tactics: 21% Judging, 79% Prospecting
Identity: 66% Assertive, 34% Turbulent
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Crow

I'd imagine most of the people on this forum would be in the "analysts" category.
Retired member.

MariaEvri

LOGICIAN (INTP-T)

Your personality type: "The Logician" (INTP-T)
Strength of individual traits: Introverted: 97%, Intuitive: 63%, Thinking: 74%, Prospecting: 68%, Turbulent: 90%.
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Constant Improvement
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Magdalena

INFP PERSONALITY ("THE MEDIATOR")
Always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better."
Meh...I guess so.  ::)

Role: Diplomat

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

I seem to be offering a little variety, but not much:

"The Logistician" (ISTJ-T)

Introverted: 97%
Observant: 69%
Thinking: 60%
Judging: 71%
Turbulent: 72%.

Role: Sentinel
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Bluenose

ENTP-A Debater

Extroverted 83%
Intuitive 73%
Thinking 70%
Prospecting 90%
Assertive 94%

I have done many Meyer-Briggs personality tests including those administered by accredited testers. I always get ENTP, so I guess that's me!

I like this quote from the results page, I can totally relate to this:

Taking a certain pleasure in being the underdog, ENTPs enjoy the mental exercise found in questioning the prevailing mode of thought, making them irreplaceable in reworking existing systems or shaking things up and pushing them in clever new directions. However, they'll be miserable managing the day-to-day mechanics of actually implementing their suggestions. ENTP personalities love to brainstorm and think big, but they will avoid getting caught doing the "grunt work" at all costs. ENTPs only make up about three percent of the population, which is just right, as it lets them create original ideas, then step back to let more numerous and fastidious personalities handle the logistics of implementation and maintenance.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

In these personality tests I consistently get INTJ but in this one I got INTP.  :???:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

INTJ-T Architect

Introverted 70%
Intuitive 64%
Thinking 65%
Judging 68%
Turbulent 51%

Role: Analyst

I rather like the sound of that. Cynical idealist.
"A paradox to most observers, INTJs are able to live by glaring contradictions that nonetheless make perfect sense – at least from a purely rational perspective. For example, INTJs are simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealists and the bitterest of cynics, a seemingly impossible conflict. But this is because INTJ types tend to believe that with effort, intelligence and consideration, nothing is impossible, while at the same time they believe that people are too lazy, short-sighted or self-serving to actually achieve those fantastic results."

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Siz

"The Entrepreneur" (ESTP-A)
Extraverted: 69%,
Observant: 66%,
Thinking: 93%,
Prospecting: 81%,
Assertive: 65%.
Role: Explorer
Strategy: People Mastery

Insensitive
Feelings and emotions come second to facts and "reality" for ESTPs. Emotionally charged situations are awkward, uncomfortable affairs, and ESTPs' blunt honesty doesn't help here. These personalities often have a lot of trouble acknowledging and expressing their own feelings as well.

Impatient
ESTPs move at their own pace to keep themselves excited. Slowing down because someone else "doesn't get it" or having to stay focused on a single detail for too long is extremely challenging for ESTPs.

Risk-prone
This impatience can lead ESTPs to push into uncharted territory without thinking of the long-term consequences. ESTP personalities sometimes intentionally combat boredom with extra risk.

Unstructured
ESTPs see an opportunity – to fix a problem, to advance, to have fun – and seize the moment, often ignoring rules and social expectations in the process. This may get things done, but it can create unexpected social fallout.

May Miss the Bigger Picture
Living in the moment can cause ESTPs to miss the forest for the trees. People with this personality type love to solve problems here and now, perhaps too much. All parts of a project can be perfect, but the project will still fail if those parts do not fit together.

Defiant
ESTPs won't be boxed in. Repetition, hardline rules, sitting quietly while they are lectured at – this isn't how ESTPs live their lives. They are action-oriented and hands-on. Environments like school and much entry-level work can be so tedious that they're intolerable, requiring extraordinary effort from ESTPs to stay focused long enough to get to freer positions.

Can't really question any of that. I seem to display more of the archetypal weaknesses than strengths. Read into that what you will...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 02, 2016, 10:32:42 AM
In these personality tests I consistently get INTJ but in this one I got INTP.  :???:

Interesting. Similarly, every time I've done one of these Myers-Briggs things before, I got INTP, but for this one I got ISTP, which they're calling "Virtuoso."  :shrug:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Is your intuitive/sensing score pretty much even? Because they do fluctuate with the degree of honesty or, for that matter, the degree of caring on any given day, so no two of these tests are exactly the same - not for me, at least. I pretty consistently get ENTP(A) though.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

"The Logistician" (ISTJ-A)

32% Extraverted 68% Introverted
42% Intuitive 58% Observant
61% Thinking 39% Feeling
71% Judging 29% Prospecting
91% Assertive 9% Turbulant

I don't think it's very accurate for me, especially the description of ISTJ-A's. Most of it feels a lot like the Barnum Effect. Plus, many of the questions I had to answer neutral because I didn't fit either side.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.