News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Started by Asmodean Prime, May 28, 2007, 08:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean Prime

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:9

pjkeeley

1. This is trolling. GodFTW? Nice try troll.
2. In case you actually do believe your own spam, remember: just because it says something in a book doesn't mean it's true.
2. Saint Paul was a dick. His letters are among the dumbest shit in the New Testament. Srsly.
3. GTFO the Internet, you stupid theist troll.

Thatisall.

EDIT: Ah, I see this is posted on all the other forums too. No doubt it will be deleted shortly.

McQ

Wow! 26 new spam messages while I was sleeping. Impressive. We've been mass-spammed by fundies! Run for the hills!!!

:roll:
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

I'll have it fixed in a few minutes

UH...maybe a bit longer than a few minutes...i thought it was just one user.  I'm sending a message to the admins of christian forums:

"Some members of your forum apparently decided to mass spam my forum (www.happyatheistforum.com).  I have removed their messages.  They were all titled "From: www.christianforums.com/index.php"  Would you please remind your members that it is very inappropriate (and unchristian) to troll."

tacoma_kyle

Nice...
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

Squid

This has the earmarks of adolescent angst - I know, I remember my teenage years well.  Ahh being a teen, I remember it was us all trying to be unique and different....like everyone else.

McQ

Lovely group, that lot. How is it that they are able to spam like that? Isn't there some way to confirm new members before they can post so as to sift out the trolls/spammers?
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Quote from: "McQ"Lovely group, that lot. How is it that they are able to spam like that? Isn't there some way to confirm new members before they can post so as to sift out the trolls/spammers?

Right now it is set up so that no approval is needed before joining it is possible to have it so that when someone signs up I have to approve them one by one, but I don't think that would take care of the problem since I'm already mostly successful with blocking bots and would't know if a christian plans to troll or not ,or even if the person is a christian (not all screen names make it as obvious as what these idiots used).  I wish there was a way to make something like a 5 post max for new members until we know how they willl act, but I haven't heard of that option on a forum before.

MikeyV

Lae,

I'll look through the PHPBB2 docs for you. It should be pretty simple to code anyway if that option is not included. I know some forums have that option. On the Skeptic's Annotated site, a troll (Troy and his 4 part perfect proof nonsense) was limited to 4 posts a week, I think (day, or week, I'm not sure).
Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves
you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the
most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

McQ

Quote from: "MikeyV"Lae,

I'll look through the PHPBB2 docs for you. It should be pretty simple to code anyway if that option is not included. I know some forums have that option. On the Skeptic's Annotated site, a troll (Troy and his 4 part perfect proof nonsense) was limited to 4 posts a week, I think (day, or week, I'm not sure).

Good idea, MikeyV. As you can see, now it's GOD himself who is visiting us.  :roll:
--Penn Jillette

SteveS

So, I'm gone for almost a week, come back, and some dip-shit spams the forum.  How annoying.  And claims to be from christian forums?  I don't really believe that - he's just jacking everyone around.

Anyway, I would have joined christian forums if I were a christain (which I'm not) and if the little anime-like cartoon-or-whatever avatar character things didn't bug the absolute crap out of me (which they do).