News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

remember when being that old was inconceivably far in the future? and now you look back and that was inconceivably far in the past?

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on December 02, 2023, 11:57:45 AMremember when being that old was inconceivably far in the future? and now you look back and that was inconceivably far in the past?

Very much so.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Asmodean

The Asmo is all sick and miserable and survives on hot chocolate mixed by half with ibuprofen. :sadnod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: Asmodean on December 08, 2023, 12:55:23 PMThe Asmo is all sick and miserable and survives on hot chocolate mixed by half with ibuprofen. :sadnod:

You are sick due to your sinfulness.

I am virtuous and my breathing effortless

Repent!
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Tank

I twisted my ankle so while I got to see Madness I didn't get to dad dance much.

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on December 08, 2023, 01:08:57 PMYou are sick due to your sinfulness.
Yep. And being omniincorrigible, He might even have a wank later :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on December 09, 2023, 02:37:17 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on December 08, 2023, 01:08:57 PMYou are sick due to your sinfulness.
Yep. And being omniincorrigible, He might even have a wank later :smilenod:

I see no evidence that the Asmo has a penis!

Asmodean

Ah, but you must take it on faith, for few have had the revelation :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

Have to get up early tomorrow to go to the hospital. The surgery should be around 8:00am
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

Quote from: Tom62 on December 11, 2023, 08:01:35 PMHave to get up early tomorrow to go to the hospital. The surgery should be around 8:00am

I wish you well. Please keep us informed.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

The surgery went well. Less painful than I thought. I can already stand up and walk around a bit. However, I have no intention to run a marathon yet. Doctor's said that I can probably go home on Friday or Saturday.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein