News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Kentucky church bans mixed race couples

Started by Sandra Craft, December 03, 2011, 06:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

I guess. I'm biased against the south. The southern states of America suck for a reason. They are pretty much the ones keeping super crazy religion alive here.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

not your typical...

Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 06, 2011, 04:11:01 PM
I guess. I'm biased against the south. The southern states of America suck for a reason. They are pretty much the ones keeping super crazy religion alive here.
I know what you mean. When I was in Christian school, there was this one chick from the heart of Texas. Redneck*funddie=Bad. Then throw my opinionated open-minded ass into the mix and well, let's just say me and her don't talk anymore....
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

not your typical...

Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 06, 2011, 07:20:40 PM
That sucks. :(
Yeah. We had a weekend resort trip thing and me and her were roomies.... I curse, amongst other thing that are 'against the Bible' and she's straightedge and narrow-minded.... Not a good mix.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 07:25:24 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 06, 2011, 07:20:40 PM
That sucks. :(
Yeah. We had a weekend resort trip thing and me and her were roomies.... I curse, amongst other thing that are 'against the Bible' and she's straightedge and narrow-minded.... Not a good mix.

I applaud your self-control
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 06, 2011, 07:49:13 PM
That's assuming she's still alive..... which she is. not really

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 06, 2011, 07:54:38 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 07:52:21 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 06, 2011, 07:49:13 PM
That's assuming she's still alive..... which she is. not really

Oh really now. 
haha. Only dead inside.... *evil girn* Kyahahahaha!

Buddy

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 06, 2011, 09:07:31 PM
Congratulations, Asmo would be proud.  8)
Thank you. To this day she still calls me Satan behind my back. Makes me feel accomplished. ;D

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on December 06, 2011, 04:06:49 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 06, 2011, 04:02:38 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 06, 2011, 03:26:15 PM
You will be Happy to know that the church has repented and reversed its stand on interracial couples.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/05/church-reverses-ban-on-interracial-marriages/?hpt=hp_bn2
That's good and all, but the fact that some people still had no issue with that way of thinking sucks.
If someone insults you, but says sorry later, it still hurts.
Of course it does, but at least some people can realise they fucked up and learn from their mistakes and from the mistakes of others. It's how humanity progresses.

That's true enough but I'm not sure it's a matter of the original 9 who voted to ban interracial couples realizing they fucked up in the sense of being wrong as fucked up in the sense of generating a shitstorm that made them look bad and just wanting to get out from under it.  I get the feeling they've merely been silenced, not had their minds changed.  Of course, sometimes just making it obvious how few people agree with a bad thing is the best you can do.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Squid

Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 07:02:51 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 06, 2011, 04:11:01 PM
I know what you mean. When I was in Christian school, there was this one chick from the heart of Texas. Redneck*funddie=Bad. Then throw my opinionated open-minded ass into the mix and well, let's just say me and her don't talk anymore....

You'll be glad to know that she isn't representative of all Texans  ;D

not your typical...

Quote from: Squid on December 07, 2011, 01:05:46 AM
You'll be glad to know that she isn't representative of all Texans  ;D
Yay! Maybe we can visit Texas then.