News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

SuperiorEd's Blog article "Agra Bio Linguistics - "

Started by Gawen, October 01, 2011, 02:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawen

I decided to do a bit of research into SuperiorEd's (Stephen) reasoning by going to his Blog site. I picked an article entitled Agra Bio Linguistics - Concrete Reality Reveals the Hidden God and read through it. It attempts to explain the meaning behind the ancient Hebrew pictographic alphabet (or what the Hebrews call alepbet).
http://teacherlingo.com/blogs/superiored/archive/2011/09/10/agra-bio-linguistics-concrete-reality-reveals-the-hidden-god.aspx
Here are a couple of excerpts:
QuoteThe Hebrew language has an amazing story to tell.  This is a story of how Eastern concrete thought meets Western abstract reason to reveal the hidden God of the Bible.

QuoteBeyt

This letter represents the house or tent.  A tent is a temporary dwelling place.  It can be seen as the tent of the nomad or the human body.  The body is the vehicle that is used to sense the wilderness of nature.  The wilderness is a temporary home where work is accomplished and learning takes place.

If one clicks on the hyperlink word Beyt, you are taken to the Ancient Hebrew Research Center
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/2_alphabet.html
This site's explanation of the word Beyt differs greatly from Stephens:
QuoteThe name of this letter is Beyt and has a "b" sound. This letter is a picture of a nomadic tent such as would have been used by the ancient Hebrews and represents what is inside the tent - the family. The meaning of this letter can be tent or within. When this letter is placed in front of the word erets the word be'erets is formed and means "within a land."

Note the difference between the bold, underlined quote in red from Stephens blog and the AHRC's.

Following up on the research, I find J. Steven Babbit's book ( http://www.hebrewinlivingcolor.com/alphabet_code.htmlUnlocking the Ancient Hebrew Alphabet Code. It is an amazing work of more than a year of tedious effort on Babbit's part to unlock the ancient Hebrew coded alphabet when Modern day Jewish scholars could not! However, it does not seem to uphold Stephen's Agro Bio Linguistics.

I can find no definition or meaning of the Alef Bet from any Jewish website or Jewish book offered online that (so far) confirms Stephen's view of it. Of course, he could provide his sources.

With that, I leave with this:
Ancient pictographic script leads one to the underlying meaning (etymology) of ancient Biblical Hebrew words. It should be avoided as a stand alone exegetical principle to read from it further alleged insight or other speculative and doubtful meanings. For honest interpretation the rule of thumb is to at least learn the p'shat (plain historical meaning) before moving on to other alleged "levels".

Perhaps Stephen has done this, but he has given no evidence or source to bolster his differing conclusions with those of Ancient Hebrew script. It is no different than his writings on this board.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Too Few Lions

Mr Ed really needs to learn some history. I just clicked on one of those links and got a video that claims that the name of the Jewish god YHVH 'is countless thousands of years old'. Well, most of us (apart possibly from Mr Ed) can count to three for starters.

KingPhilip

Quote from: Too Few Lions on October 07, 2011, 10:02:33 PMWell, most of us (apart possibly from Mr Ed) can count to three for starters.

One......two..............damn it..
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Krishnamurti

Gawen

Quote from: KingPhilip on October 07, 2011, 11:18:43 PM
Quote from: Too Few Lions on October 07, 2011, 10:02:33 PMWell, most of us (apart possibly from Mr Ed) can count to three for starters.

One......two..............damn it..
*laffin*...it's alright Philip, you got close. The Bible says pi is 3...close enough for God's work.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

SuperiorEd

I would be more than happy to answer any questions about the article.  The Ancient Hebrew Lexicon was my source for the information.  I also make the necessary connections form the words of the Bible.  Other sources include Hebrew Commentaries and many of the well-known spiritual realizations form accepted scriptural theology.  Much of what I have written in the article is backed up by the video that is embedded in the article.  Part of the source material for the article is from the video.

Crow

Retired member.