News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What Atheists think about Homosexuality?

Started by OhCheese, August 05, 2011, 09:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Struggling Atheist - As an atheist, can you please tell us why you object so strongly to homosexuality?  Thx.

Asmodean

Quote from: Struggling Atheist on January 14, 2012, 04:23:23 PM
Further,  it is NOT a case of me being 'homophobic'  because 3 days ago at the Walmart checkout register , i was standing next to two obvious homosexual men  and I didnt feel an ounce of fear toward them,  didnt fear acquiring homosexuality from them, nor feared being in their presence.   Thank you. 
1. Who cares?
2. What's an obvious homosexual? As opposed to an obvious bisexual or just ye old garden variety experimenting emo-kid?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Liar For Jesus

Quote from: Ali on January 14, 2012, 04:29:37 PM
Struggling Atheist - As an atheist, can you please tell us why you object so strongly to homosexuality?  Thx.

I already did . Read Post 105 .  I replied in accordance to the OP asking me what i thought about it.

Sweetdeath

Ugh, wow. Why would anyone give a shit about someone's sexual prefernce? Seriously. I cannot believe this is an issue for any human being.

"two obvious homosexual men" huh?

I am sadly on a forum with an obvious dickhole. Not naming names.

I don't think struggling atheist is atheist at all. I wil ask you SA: Are you in fact atheist? Or just a confused christian?
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Liar For Jesus

Quote from: Asmodean on January 14, 2012, 04:30:06 PM
Quote from: Struggling Atheist on January 14, 2012, 04:23:23 PM
Further,  it is NOT a case of me being 'homophobic'  because 3 days ago at the Walmart checkout register , i was standing next to two obvious homosexual men  and I didnt feel an ounce of fear toward them,  didnt fear acquiring homosexuality from them, nor feared being in their presence.   Thank you. 
1. Who cares?
2. What's an obvious homosexual? As opposed to an obvious bisexual or just ye old garden variety experimenting emo-kid?

1.  I care and so do most U.S. Citizens according to polls .  How come youre apathetic ( I mean, 'tolerant') ?
2.  Its often noticable from the way a person dresses, applys their makeup, how they talk, thier posture, and if they have a hand on anothers butt.   What else would a casual Observer conclude ?

The Magic Pudding

It's there
It's always there
I don't think anything about Homosexuality
I think of what moves those that disaprove.

Ali

Quote from: Struggling Atheist on January 14, 2012, 04:33:08 PM
Quote from: Ali on January 14, 2012, 04:29:37 PM

I already did . Read Post 105 .  I replied in accordance to the OP asking me what i thought about it.

No, I already read that part.  That's the part where you say that it is wrong and a perversion, and ask that if people have to do it, that they keep it a secret.  The only part where you actually explain any sort of thought process behind why it might be wrong is the part where you talk about STDs, which as even you acknowledge are also rampant in the hetero community, so that's not much of an argument.  So, now that we've established that you think it is a "perversion" and you think it should be kept a secret, can you please explain WHY it is a "perversion" and why you care what other people do anyway.  From the perspective of an atheist, please.  Thx.

Asmodean

Quote from: Struggling Atheist on January 14, 2012, 04:40:30 PM
1.  I care and so do most U.S. Citizens according to polls .  How come youre apathetic ( I mean, 'tolerant') ?
I don't care about people I'm not personally acquainted with unless they directly or otherwise affect my well-being in a significant enough way.

What they stick in each others holes is no more my business than the color of their mailbox.

2.  Its often noticable from the way a person dresses, applys their makeup, how they talk, thier posture, and if they have a hand on anothers butt.   What else would a casual Observer conclude ?
Why would a casual observer care enough to conclude anything beyond "Two guys wearing makeup with their hands up each other's asses are in front of me in the queue. MOVE, dammit!"?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Do you live in a CAVE, struggling A? Because las time I checked, not all homosexual men wear make or have anal sex.

Not all homosexuals have anal sex. That is a gross misconception. Although no one wants to bring up the straight males that love to fuck their girlfriends in the ass.  or male drag queens whom over half of are heterosexual, even married to great women.

Stop living in a rock. Society says this is normal, that is okay, but in truth this has always existed. Diversity of human beings has always been there!
Your lack of acceptance (Yes acceptance, not TOLERANCE) shows how truly sheltered you are!!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Oh, for the record, I never claimed to be tolerant - and in many areas of life, I am not. However, when I refuse to tolerate something, I remove myself from its path as opposed to demanding that it remove itself from mine.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Struggling Atheist on January 13, 2012, 03:57:45 PM
I think the Homosexual militant agenda of trying to get everyone to admit that it is a permissable lifestyle , is very wrong to do plus it actually backfires on Homosexuals (whether of the militant variety or not) . 

It is not just a "homosexual" agenda. There are plenty of people, just like me, who live in "conventional" arrangements (I'm married to a man and have a child) who want to fight to see LGBT discrimination ended. Organizations like PFLAG are a good example of this.

Actually, I'm probably more "militant" about this kind of thing than my gay best friend. I can be quite political about it and he has no interest, he just wants to be left alone.

Quote from: Struggling AtheistLike normal sexuality
There is no such thing as "normal" sexuality.  

Quote from: Struggling Athesitit should be kept to oneself with some degree of sacredness .. and not flaunted to create dissension among the populace.
Why? What's wrong with sex? I think if we had open conversations about sex and sexuality, the whole world would be a better place.

Quote from: Struggling AtheistIn fact,  it is a tacit admission that homosexuality is wrong by Homosexuals demanding everyone be tolerant to the lifestyle, as,  we dont ask people to be tolerant of things which are moral and correct --- only of things which are deviant and immoral.
It has absolutely nothing to do with morality, we have to ask people to be tolerant of things that are uncommon or against the norm. The status quo =/= morally superior or even moral at all. I think sex is completely morally neutral.

Quote from: Struggling AtheistLastly, we can see that this deviant lifestyle is a very dangerous one to the Participants when we examine the very real STD epidemic  that has taken the lives of countless thousands of Homosexuals, prematurely, in a very painful and degrading manner .  Yes the consequences of sexual hedonism is the same for heterosexuals, but that doesnt nullify the extreme danger of the Homosexual lifestyle

WTF? Driving is the most "dangerous lifestyle" you can lead (and it is a lifestyle choice, just ask the Amish). Do you know how many graphic, terrible, violent deaths are caused by cars? If we had any sense at all, we'd give up our automobiles. We don't. Does that make us immoral? Any level of "dangerousness" has nothing, again, to do with morality.

I'd also like to see where you got your stats regarding the numbers of these cases, because most "Anti-Gay" sources that I've come across greatly inflate the occurrence of STI causes in the gay community. Links plese.

Quote from: Struggling AtheistFinally..and perhaps MOST important....is the disdain I find in Homosexual Groups going into our gradeschools on up, to  encourage the very naive and impressionable in society  toward a lifestyle wrought with regret and danger.    The answer is to please keep it behind closed doors , dont vocalize it , dont cram it down our throats with televised gay parades , stop calling people 'Bigots'  because they dont agree with sexual perversion,  to which I thank you for in advance. 

Do you actually know any gay people? I do, I know plenty and not one of them lives with "regret and danger". Or, at least, no more so than the rest of society.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on January 14, 2012, 05:08:34 PM
Do you actually know any gay people? I do, I know plenty and not one of them lives with "regret and danger". Or, at least, no more so than the rest of society.
Heh... Lonely, sexually frustrated heterosexuals are probably more prone to "regret and danger" than homosexuals. In my experience, at least, that is the case.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Stevil

How does, what other people do in the bedroom, impact you?

If it is about how homosexual's dress, walk and talk in public then do you think the government ought to put in place laws to support Struggling Atheist's etiquette of public dress, walking and talking?

Those that are caught infringing get sent to a 6 month finishing school boot camp to be taught the Struggling Atheist's standard of behavior in public.