News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Buddy; I join Bruno in encouraging you to hang tough. You can have a boyfriend, or not, only when you get damned good and ready.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Bruno on December 21, 2014, 01:00:29 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 link=topic=69neg298773#msg298773 date=1419110536
'Tis the season for family to ask when I'm getting with thesoyfriend. #aceproblems  ::)

I hated that...and it will never stop. Once you "Get" a boyfriend then they'll ask so when are getting married, then when are you having children, and more children.

I had an Aunt who never married, who never had kids, and who was also a hoarder. She was unrelenting with my sister's and I with questioning us about our personal lives.
One Easter there was a big fight I got blamed for because I was tired of her nosiness. So when she asked me when I was "getting" a girlfriend I replied back, " I dont know Auntie, when are you going to clean your fucking house"? (Exact words. And then all he'll broke loose.)

Unless you have too many children, and then they'll ask you when you plan to stop and there is birth control dontchaknow.

One of the "silver linings", if you will, to the whole cancer thing is that no one fucking bothers us about that stuff anymore.  Or if they do, we can be like "we can't because we'll have crazy biohazard chemo babies", which shuts people up pretty quick. 

We get some "when are you getting married" stuff, but it seems to be more curiousity.  We've been together over 5 years and living together for 4.  Obviously the legalities are not terribly important to us. 

...I would have totally said that to your aunt too.  That's awesome. 

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 20, 2014, 09:22:16 PM
'Tis the season for family to ask when I'm getting a boyfriend. #aceproblems  ::)
I don't think we ever asked any of our kids about their boyfriends/girlfriends.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

'Tis the season for family to ask when I'm getting a boyfriend. #aceproblems  ::)
Well, if it helps you can tell them about this handsome devil you know in Europe. Might get them off your back. ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 24, 2014, 09:29:34 AM
Well, if it helps you can tell them about this handsome devil you know in Europe. Might get them off your back. ;)
Yes Asmo is quite handsome.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on December 24, 2014, 09:57:28 AM
'Tis the season for family to ask when I'm getting a boyfriend. #aceproblems  ::)
;D

...Wait a minute!  >:( What's Tank planning now?! HM?!  >:( Well, The Asmo will find out!  >:(

*insert the appropriate muttering*
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Oh yeah, that would be a great idea. Then I would never be allowed to leave the house.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on December 24, 2014, 01:33:09 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 24, 2014, 09:57:28 AM
'Tis the season for family to ask when I'm getting a boyfriend. #aceproblems  ::)
;D

...Wait a minute!  >:( What's Tank planning now?! HM?!  >:( Well, The Asmo will find out!  >:(

*insert the appropriate muttering*
What the Rustbucket did there is what the Brits generally call "taking the mick". And I believe it was, in an underhanded way, aimed at me.... 8)
Worry not, Asmo. I'm the one he's gunning for.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Weeel... The Asmo has seen it before! Compliment The Asmo's Divine Beauty so that He becomes all pleased and starts marvelling at some rattie eating seeds, then Tank slips by and BAM! Luxembourg still stands.  >:(

He's on to it now, He is!  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

I like Luxembourg. The Vatican on the other hand  ;)

Asmodean

NO! The Asmo will keep that to spite all those pesky Aasmoists. How DARE they!  >:( Besides, a double a like that is pronounced as o in Norwegian.  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

I hate waiting for hours in lines. People stand so close here it's annoying! Especially when everyone's anxious for the line to keep going, as if literally breathing down the neck of the person in front of you is going to achieve that...Talk about invasion of personal space!  >:(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

^ If it is any comfort, we have that here in the colonies too. I think that personal space is shrinking.

xSilverPhinx

I wouldn't want that for anybody  ;) :P

The colonies? In the US? ??? Are those places with a high immigrant population or something else?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey