News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The reason god doesn't exist

Started by Killa_Kron, April 29, 2010, 02:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killa_Kron

In my other thread, I posted why god would consider making us capable to be another religion or atheist. I just now realized that they would immeadiately say, "Satan!" But i say "Nay!" because this would be so bad for God in the fact that we would grow apart from him...and he needs us in the afterlife to be his slaves. I seriously think this might be the best evidence for why god isn't real...but that's my opinion.  :rant:
"WOOOO! FREEBIRD!" -Millions of Metalheads

philosoraptor

Quote from: "Killa_Kron"In my other thread, I posted why god would consider making us capable to be another religion or atheist. I just now realized that they would immeadiately say, "Satan!" But i say "Nay!" because this would be so bad for God in the fact that we would grow apart from him...and he needs us in the afterlife to be his slaves. I seriously think this might be the best evidence for why god isn't real...but that's my opinion.  :rant:

This makes absolutely no sense.  God needing us as slaves is the best evidence for why God doesn't exist?
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Killa_Kron

Ok good point...horrid choice of words there. What i meant was that if god was truly real, why would he give us the capability to be a Muslim or Jew or Hindi or atheist? That would be counter-effective, don't you think?

philosoraptor

Quote from: "Killa_Kron"Ok good point...horrid choice of words there. What i meant was that if god was truly real, why would he give us the capability to be a Muslim or Jew or Hindi or atheist? That would be counter-effective, don't you think?

I'd have to first believe in God first to find it counter-effective on his part.  So no, it doesn't really bother me.

Supposedly, God entitled us with free will.  Why?  You'd have to ask someone who believes in God what the reasoning behind that is.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Killa_Kron

I used to be super religious, so i "know" what the reasons are. He gave us free will, yet we are part of a plan. Which means we don't have free will, but they INSIST we have free will, so i refer back to the plan, and they just shut me up with, "With god, anything is possible" or some bullshit like that. Truly, I think most religions have these little circles within them. Oh, and do you think Buddhism is a religion?

pinkocommie

Some forms of Buddhism are religious, other forms are philosophy.  Depends on what kind of Buddhism you're talking about.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Ellainix

Why does God need a reason to not exist?
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

Killa_Kron

Quote from: "Ellainix"Why does God need a reason to not exist?
I....I....I don't know! :yay: LOL invader zim anyone?

Munchkin Goddess

Quote from: "Killa_Kron"I used to be super religious, so i "know" what the reasons are. He gave us free will, yet we are part of a plan. Which means we don't have free will, but they INSIST we have free will, so i refer back to the plan, and they just shut me up with, "With god, anything is possible" or some bullshit like that.

The only thing I can think of is that God has a plan, but he wants us to choose his plan.

I am an atheist, but that is the only I can think of that someone who believes in god would say....

theTwiz

Quote from: "Munchkin Goddess"The only thing I can think of is that God has a plan, but he wants us to choose his plan.

Cylon spotted
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

curiosityandthecat

God was only conjured into fictional existence by an ancient, ignorant group of people who couldn't explain death, life, and needed a list of rules so they didn't go off and screw the sheep.

And we need another reason God doesn't exist?  :|
-Curio

Whitney

Quote from: "Killa_Kron"Ok good point...horrid choice of words there. What i meant was that if god was truly real, why would he give us the capability to be a Muslim or Jew or Hindi or atheist? That would be counter-effective, don't you think?

Not if a god wanted people to freely choose him as many Christians believe.  Others also believe that all religions are just personally ways of celebrating the creator and all are equally favorable to god.

So...no; you are assuming that if there were a god that humans were created to be slaves there is no reason why that should follow.

i_am_i

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"God was only conjured into fictional existence by an ancient, ignorant group of people who couldn't explain death, life, and needed a list of rules so they didn't go off and screw the sheep.

Which is the same function that God serves to this very day.
Call me J

Sapere aude

Munchkin Goddess

Quote from: "theTwiz"
Quote from: "Munchkin Goddess"The only thing I can think of is that God has a plan, but he wants us to choose his plan.

Cylon spotted

I apologize, but I do not understand what you are referencing.........

Davin

Quote from: "Munchkin Goddess"
Quote from: "theTwiz"

Cylon spotted

I apologize, but I do not understand what you are referencing.........
I hope you mean that you get the reference to Battlestar Galactica but not how it applies to you... or maybe you're just not a sci-fi person.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.