News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

The reason god doesn't exist

Started by Killa_Kron, April 29, 2010, 02:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munchkin Goddess

Quote from: "Davin"I hope you mean that you get the reference to Battlestar Galactica but not how it applies to you... or maybe you're just not a sci-fi person.

Ohhhhh, I am a sci-fi person. I actually only recently started watching the miniseries my friend lent me a few days ago. It was sometime after I posted this that I got to watch the series.

theTwiz

Quote from: "Munchkin Goddess"
Quote from: "Davin"I hope you mean that you get the reference to Battlestar Galactica but not how it applies to you... or maybe you're just not a sci-fi person.

Ohhhhh, I am a sci-fi person. I actually only recently started watching the miniseries my friend lent me a few days ago. It was sometime after I posted this that I got to watch the series.

When you get to the bits where Cylons start talking about god you'll get my reference.  That's not really a spoiler btw.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

elliebean

Top ten reasons God doesn't exist:

10. On the morning of the Big Bang, He forgot to set his alarm.
9. He locked His keys inside the universe.
8. He didn't schedule an appointment to His own creation.
7. When He made time, He was facing the wrong way.
6. Because He doesn't wanna.
5. Existence was out of stock at the supermarket.
4. Existence is soooo last millennium.
3. The instructions were in Japanese.
2. He used to exist, but then He created logic.
1. When He saw how great everything was, He decided it was better off without Him.
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

philosoraptor

Ellie, I love it!

I just completed my MA in philosophy (I graduated yesterday), and this is from a list of grad students jokes I got in an email once:

Why God Doesn't Have a PhD
   1. He had only one major publication.
   2. It was in Hebrew.
   3. It had no references.
   4. It wasn't published in a refereed journal.
   5. Some even doubt he wrote it by himself.
   6. It may be true that he created the world, but what has he done since then?
   7. His cooperative efforts have been quite limited.
   8. The scientific community has had a hard time replicating his results.
   9. He never applied to the ethics board for permission to use human subjects.
  10. When one experiment went awry he tried to cover it by drowning his subjects.
  11. When subjects didn't behave as predicted, he deleted them from the sample.
  12. He rarely came to class, just told students to read the book.
  13. Some say he had his son teach the class.
  14. He expelled his first two students for learning.
  15. Although there were only 10 requirements, most of his students failed his tests.
  16. His office hours were infrequent and usually held on a mountain top.
  17. No record of working well with colleagues.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse