News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

"god" is like an infestation

Started by iriss7480, October 01, 2026, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iriss7480

I realized that the Christian "god" is like some kind of an infestation.  It is degrading, obscene and noxious.  No wonder so many people are having moral failures.  Utterly gross.  "god" and my crazy former co-worker Dave Vaicaitis can be rodent-like and just be degrading, disgusting and surreptitious together! "god" needs to be exterminated and sent back to hell where it came from!  Excuse my language but "god" is like a rapist - everything is against my consent.  Both "god" and fucking Dave are misogynistic pigs who have a special place in hell!   DO NOT TAKE YOUR RAT-LIKE. RAT-OBSESSED issues out onto me!  Ugh!  I am not going to stoop down to "god"s level - this being is dark, crazy and oppressive!  This being's narcissistic abuse chills me.  This being is so odious and hypocritical and like an invader - just like a rodent!  This "god" is not a haven, refuge or source of comfort as we have been taught - it is so persecutorial FOR NO REASON and just deranged!  This being is an incessant harasser - just like a rodent! 

zorkan


Recusant

Meh, I suppose there are arguments in favor of that hypothesis. Just as possible we have somebody working through the breakup stage of what may have been an intense relationship with a particular mythology. There is a sense of betrayal and anger I feel. Not quite letting go of belief, the god is now seen as a demon. It's neither one, lacking reliable evidence. It's akin to freaking out over a story told beside a campfire. I sympathize with the reaction but hope they manage to move beyond it.

We'll see if iriss ever bothers to actually join discussion. I'm not holding my breath
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken


Recusant

It may be that Laplace didn't actually say the line so often attributed him in response to Napoleon questioning his failure to include the Christian god in one of his works: "I had no need of that hypothesis." It still stands as a succinct statement of the position of many non-believers.

That possibly apocryphal quote came to mind when I was reading an examination of the question of god-derived morality.

"Borrowed Morality: Did Religion Invent Ethics?" | AtheistWave

Spoiler: In a word, the answer is "no."
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken