News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Measuring religion

Started by zorkan, November 12, 2023, 12:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zorkan

At least he raped and tortured within his own church, and people came to him.
Ugh! Why do they do this?
Why are women more likely to be taken in?

Asmodean

Quote from: zorkan on January 08, 2024, 02:44:46 PMWhy are women more likely to be taken in?
Because, and I know this is shocking in the year of our LORD 2024, most men are heterosexual.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

Quote from: Asmodean on January 08, 2024, 02:49:09 PMBecause, and I know this is shocking in the year of our LORD 2024, most men are heterosexual.
In London?

So how many crucified saviours were there?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World%27s_Sixteen_Crucified_Saviors
This book is rubbished by Christians.
They know that JC attacked orthodox Juadaism and was betrayed to the Romans to be crucified.
Many others were as well because crucifixion was the capital punishment.

Asmodean

Quote from: zorkan on January 08, 2024, 03:03:14 PMIn London?
I approve of what you did right there, but yes, also in London :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

As depicted in christianity the soul has weight and the precise measurement is 21 grams.
https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/did-you-know-general-science/story-behind-21-grams

Alternatively, you might believe the science.
"Gruesomely, Robert Stern (pathologist) points out that dead bodies lose a lot of weight over time. Minute, intercellular structures called lysosomes release enzymes that break the body down into gases and liquid. "That's why, when you have mass graves, you can get explosions because of all the gas build-up," he says."

billy rubin

i had a friend who experienced a human blow up at an undertakers

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

Quote from: billy rubin on January 11, 2024, 01:43:39 PMi had a friend who experienced a human blow up at an undertakers
The Asmo is morbidly fascinated.

A blow-up blow-up? Or more of a uncontrolled leakiness type of situation?

Please be a blowup-blowup! :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

billy rubin

both of ypur morbid curiodities shall be gratified

i man i worked with had a friend who was an undertaker. the business had an apattment next to the pickling room.

i have no idea why, but my friend was living there

one even ing his buddy was work ing late on a chinese gentlemen who had died alone and had not been brought in for some time. suddenly there was a noise, and a lot of very loud cursing from the pickling room.

the chinese gentleman had exceeded his working pressure and had exploded his guts all over my friends friend.

i dont recall any more details  as i stopped listening about then.

besides, he had other stories, like the time they took the hearse into the drive through at the burger place

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Asmodean

Ouch! The picture of that right there. It ought to be next to "dirty job" in a dictionary. :smilenod:

...I did not realise that decomposing humans and such could explode-explode. Always thought they sort of swelled up and then imploded when the air-tightness of whatever cavities have you was sufficiently compromised by decomposition.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding..

If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

zorkan

Hope that billy rubin might have answer to this:
Measure of a man's skin colour.
"The colour of human skin is determined by its melanin content, its oxy- and deoxy-hemoglobin contents and the amount of endogenous or exogenous pigments such as bilirubin and carotene."

From similar parts we are told that Jesus had olive brown skin, yet Mohammed had white skin.

"...the average Judean of the time (of Jesus)  would have likely had brown or black hair, honey or olive-brown skin, and brown eyes. Judean men of the time period were on average about 1.65 metres or 5 feet 5 inches in height."

Research also shows that  Mohammed was 5 feet 6 inches tall.
To think I thought of Jesus as white and Mohammed as brown skinned.

Why a black Madonna?
"The term Black Madonna or Black Virgin tends to refer to statues or paintings in Western Christendom of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Infant Jesus, where both figures are depicted with dark skin. Examples of the Black Madonna can be found both in Catholic and Orthodox countries" when surely Mary was a young pure white virgin.

zorkan

Following on from post 43:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-67944614

"For Ms Ford, it has meant she has lost all faith in organised religion: "I wish we had known that it was all a farce, that it wasn't true. I was manipulated into believing that what the prophet was doing was supernatural, miracles, wonders, signs."

Why didn't they just go to Lourdes?
At least there have been some miracles there that have healed the sick.
Okay, so it's only about 70 among all the visitors over time.
Spontaneous remission could account for some.
Maybe they weren't sick at all. Misdiagnosed, perhaps.

https://www.lourdes-france.org/en/the-miracles-of-lourdes/#:~:text=While%20more%20than%207%2C000%20cases,miraculous%20was%202%20years%20old.