News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Tattoos

Started by xSilverPhinx, May 26, 2019, 03:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

I like your tattoo, Buddy:tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Quote from: Magdalena on November 19, 2019, 07:13:58 PM

Thanks! And because I name everything I've taken to calling her Luna
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on November 20, 2019, 02:58:08 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 19, 2019, 07:13:58 PM

Thanks! And because I name everything I've taken to calling her Luna
"Luna"

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Siz

Here's me.

CAD designed by me.

Apparently, this was my first ever FB picture post - 12 years ago today. So, I guess that dates the tattoo.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Siz on November 23, 2019, 09:02:05 AM
Here's me.

CAD designed by me.

Apparently, this was my first ever FB picture post - 12 years ago today. So, I guess that dates the tattoo.

That's a cool design, Siz  8) Are they zodiac symbols?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Siz

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 25, 2019, 07:53:33 PM
Quote from: Siz on November 23, 2019, 09:02:05 AM
Here's me.

CAD designed by me.

That's a cool design, Siz  8) Are they zodiac symbols?
They are. Symbols representing Siz, Mrs Siz and two Sizzlets.

I've wanted another for years, but can't decide on a theme. Something watery, chaotic, futuristic or satanic perhaps. I love biomech tats, but they have to be done right to be be any good.

Soon after having this done, I had the odd memory of a symbol that appeared to me in a trippy/stoned vision many years before. At the time it felt like I'd witnessed something like a formula for the meaning of life. In hindsight I realised that this tattoo was very similar to what I had seen in my trippy vision (though beyond a general idea of a symbolic 'formula' I could never describe it verbally)
To this day I wonder if the tattoo was a subconscious reconstruction of the 'vision', or just a coincidence. Or, perhaps a function of being naturally drawn to this kind of graphic, which has manifested in these two ways???

Or, in the twighlight zone of my mind-expanded vision, it was a premonition....
(yeah, no!)

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

xSilverPhinx

That's interesting. I get a lot of ideas for tattoo designs in dreams, and as I dream I really want them on my skin but when I wake up I realise it was mostly just unbridled impulsivity and that I don't actually want them that much.

Strange how the brain works...

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on November 26, 2019, 04:05:16 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 26, 2019, 01:15:46 AM

Well you should know!!!

The more I know the less I know! :grin: Strange how that works... :notsure:

:P

Icarus

^^"The more I know, the less I know', comports with the ancient Greek wisdom of  Socrates or one of those other dudes. "He knows that he knows not'  ....etc.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 26, 2019, 11:47:09 PM

Well you should know!!!

Exactly how I feel. Perhaps it's a good thing?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 27, 2019, 03:36:36 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 26, 2019, 11:47:09 PM

Well you should know!!!

Exactly how I feel. Perhaps it's a good thing?

I guess it depends on whether you're taking an open-ended exam or not. :P

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on November 27, 2019, 01:25:43 AM
^^"The more I know, the less I know', comports with the ancient Greek wisdom of  Socrates or one of those other dudes. "He knows that he knows not'  ....etc.

:smilenod:

Davin

So I've been thinking about my next tattoo and leaning towards a cyberpunk Cthulhu on my left shoulder and down my arm.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on December 06, 2019, 02:31:38 PM
So I've been thinking about my next tattoo and leaning towards a cyberpunk Cthulhu on my left shoulder and down my arm.

That sounds interesting, black and white?