News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Any fellow musicians here?

Started by leftyguitarjoe, June 26, 2008, 10:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leftyguitarjoe

Hey, I've been playing guitar for about 5 years now, and its been one of the coolest things I've ever done.

I play a style many of you may not be fond of, to say the least, but I'll go ahead and ahow you anyway :D
http://www.myspace.com/malodorousmetal

and you can see some vids of me playing on my youtube channel
http://youtube.com/user/leftyguitarjoe

and my unnecessary number of guitars can be viewed on my myspace
http://www.myspace.com/leftyguitarjoe

AND here is a little acoustic project a buddy of mine and I did.
http://www.myspace.com/pitcherandwhiteyrock

afreethinker30

I was learning on guitar but my teacher moved out of state.I played drums for a bit but my parents got sick of hearing it and dad sold it while I was at school.Talk about  :D  Played for 2 years.I never learned to read music but learned to play but numbers..I count in my head the chords and such.

susangail

Thanks for the links. You guys have a great sound.  :shock:  Crazy skills Joe!

As for me, I'm more on the classical side, I play clarinet and bass clarinet, and I'm teaching myself the flute. I picked up bass guitar once and played a bit of jazz with it, but I had to stop when my school's marching season started. I'm a band nerd, I'll admit it  :D
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Will

Concert and jazz pianist, but it's really only a hobby.

That's pretty decent death metal, lefty.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

leftyguitarjoe

Quote from: "Willravel"Concert and jazz pianist, but it's really only a hobby.

That's pretty decent death metal, lefty.

Piano is something I've never had the patience to learn. I commend you :hail:

Will

Quote from: "leftyguitarjoe"Piano is something I've never had the patience to learn. I commend you :hail:
I have a really good friend I went to high school with who played bass in several death metal bands. He was pretty damn good. I taught him basic piano in less than 6 weeks.

I'm willing to bet that the time in developing your guitar skills can give you a leg up in learning piano. If you're so inclined, seek out a decent teacher. You won't regret it.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

leftyguitarjoe

Quote from: "Willravel"
Quote from: "leftyguitarjoe"Piano is something I've never had the patience to learn. I commend you :hail:
I have a really good friend I went to high school with who played bass in several death metal bands. He was pretty damn good. I taught him basic piano in less than 6 weeks.

I'm willing to bet that the time in developing your guitar skills can give you a leg up in learning piano. If you're so inclined, seek out a decent teacher. You won't regret it.

Cool!

Actually, I'd like to learn to play Violin. A good friend of mine has been playing for 7 years, so she could easily teach me.

But, I've yet to see a lefty violin anywhere haha!!

myleviathan

I rock out a lot on the guitar. I've been playing for a little over ten years now. My effects include a little distortion on my Fender D90 amp (a la Radiohead) and a lot of echo. I use a line 6 echo park for spacy echo effects, also a line 6 tremolo, a digiverb pedal for my 'verb, and a boss mega distortion for my fuzz. I love the Boss mega distortion, but only on a dirty channel. It throws out such a delicious meaty sound.

I like to play a lot of stuff, like Cracker's "Down" which is a pretty trippy song, I also do a pretty awesome version of the Shins' New Slang, some Elliot Smith, a lot of Wilco. I do Tom Petty, the Kinks, and other various music. When I'm rocking it hardcore, I'll bust some System of a Down. I love that folk metal sound they have (had). I'll have to post you guys some stuff at some point.

I'm writing a song right now about conservative assholes. It's called "See You in Hell". Here's what I've got so far:

You thank the troops, they've done so well
From your newspaper shell
Please convince me sir of how
You wish to free the foreign minds
To think for themselves
Or is there something else?

Sir, you think your self so wise
Why don't you open up your eyes
And let them weep and cry
For the blood spilled on your account
For the souls that you cast down
To the hell that you perceive

And if it's true I'll tell you
I'll see you in Hell.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

joeactor

Well, I'm a singer (Lyric Baritone range with a bit of Bass).

I tried to learn piano, but it didn't stick.

Just got a guitar, so I'm learning the frets and notes now (acoustic).

Props to all of you with the patience and skills to learn!
JoeActor

myleviathan

Quote from: "joeactor"Well, I'm a singer (Lyric Baritone range with a bit of Bass).

JoeActor

Way to go. Who's your musical inspiration?
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

afreethinker30

Quote from: "joeactor"Well, I'm a singer (Lyric Baritone range with a bit of Bass).

JoeActor

Joe has a awesome voice!

MariaEvri

I play the guitar, but I cant call myself a mucisian. I do it out of hobby and Im still a bit clumpsy at it
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

McQ

Acoustic guitar and percussion x 35 years. My kind of guitar doesn't quite fall into the death metal category.  :D
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

joeactor

afreethinker30: Thanks! ;-)  I still do a bit of singing in Improv, but haven't done a "real" show for a while...

myleviathan:  Inspiration?  Hmmmm....  Well, I was raised on a combo of MoTown and Classical, with a bit of ethnic Lebanese music thrown in.  I listen to almost everything except rap and country... (ok, maybe a little country)

It's funny, but I have a real problem with people who mumble, sing off-key, etc.  Yet, there are some that have such unique voices (Dylan and Petty, for example), that I end up listening just to immitate them!  Go figure.

Oh, and I can't stand overblown, full of themselves, "listen to how great my voice is" singers...

And IIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEIIIIIIIIII wil always love YOOOOOUUUUUUUIIIIIUUUUUIIIIUUUUUUU!,
JoeActor

nikkixsugar

Yeah, I've played piano for about 6 years, and percussion for about 2 years. I would like to learn electric guitar in the future, though.
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.