News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Any fellow musicians here?

Started by leftyguitarjoe, June 26, 2008, 10:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: "JuggernautJon"Any tips on trying to start a music career?
While building a fan/buyer base, be prepared to work your ass off for nearly nothing. That's the only thing I can say, really...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

tubbyman

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "JuggernautJon"Any tips on trying to start a music career?
While building a fan/buyer base, be prepared to work your ass off for nearly nothing. That's the only thing I can say, really...

Yeah this - I was poor for longer than I've been well off  ;)

Thinkbigger

I've played in various local bands for 25 years. (Now retired) I am a blues/jazz/funk guitar player. I'm a 95% finger-picker. The other 5% is for riffs and such that can only be made to sound right with a pick. I also enjoy playing bass and enjoy slappin' the hell out of it. I still play every day and primarily use an electric Washburn guitar, that I've uber customized, which I run through a Mesa Boggie 50 Caliber with two cabinets. Outside of my amp's overdrive, the only effect that I still use is a crybaby wah peddle. I also collect classic guitars. I'm only just now feeling personally satisfied with my playing. Some days however, not so much. I'm my own worst critic.

I love to sing too but I'm the only person who seems to appreciate it. I can't figure that one out. ;)
LegendarySandwich wrote;
Just because everyone's not like you doesn't mean they have fucking mental problems.
fester30 wrote;
Tell her you don't want a relationship, either, just some boot-knocking. Just don't use the word boot-knocking, or you won't get to.
JuggernautJon wrote; They're ignorant when it com

Ulver

Played the cornet for probably seven years, but stopped. Was quite good, but had some troubles sight reading music and got frustrated. I would really like to pick it back up. I love playing instruments, even without knowing how, I have relative pitch and can piece together some simple songs on anything. I play the flute and piano as well.