News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Any fellow musicians here?

Started by leftyguitarjoe, June 26, 2008, 10:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leftyguitarjoe

Well, death metal isn't ALL I play :D

I have a 12 string acoustic I love to mess around with. I do alot of fingerpicking and acoustic ballads and such.

michellepaulsbelle

I've been playing flute for a few years, can get by on a piano, and am learning acoustic guitar. I currently suck beyond belief.  :D  Thanks for the links, by the way!!!

McQ

Quote from: "leftyguitarjoe"Well, death metal isn't ALL I play :D

I have a 12 string acoustic I love to mess around with. I do alot of fingerpicking and acoustic ballads and such.

Ahhh, you make me miss my baby.My 12-string acoustic....(sigh). What a beauty. And I'm very happy to know you play a wider variety of musical styles. It helps with creativity and broadens your musical world.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

pjkeeley

I'm in a psychedelic rock band.  :D

Dreamer

i adore music and play the guitar. i have only been learning for one year but am a very very eager student :) luckily my dad used to be a guitar teacher so i get lessons whenever i want.

what songs do you guys like playing?
*You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...*

*I may not agree with what you are saying but i will defend to my death your right to say it*

*You never ask questions, when God's on your side*

nikkixsugar

Quote from: "Dreamer"i adore music and play the guitar. i have only been learning for one year but am a very very eager student :) luckily my dad used to be a guitar teacher so i get lessons whenever i want.

Layla and Tears in Heaven on piano, Welcome to the Jungle on drums, those are two main ones.
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

leftyguitarjoe

Quote from: "Dreamer"i adore music and play the guitar. i have only been learning for one year but am a very very eager student :banna:

Its probably a little hard for you right now, but its a beautiful song and a great challenge.

Here is the a good version. Clapton never recorded this song, but whatever XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55A9H-PqOvY

McQ

Quote from: "pjkeeley"I'm in a psychedelic rock band.  :D

PJ, I look forward to those postings. But where did that name come from?  :D
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Quote from: "Dreamer"i adore music and play the guitar. i have only been learning for one year but am a very very eager student :) luckily my dad used to be a guitar teacher so i get lessons whenever i want.

Funny that I love playing two songs that others here like to play. "Tears in Heaven" and "Classical Gas" are two of my old standards and I love them. I enjoy playing "Blackbird", "Canon in D", "Mrs. Robinson", and about every protest song ever written from the '60s and '70s. Really.
--Penn Jillette

pjkeeley

Quote from: "McQ"But where did that name come from? :D
It's actually "Microdot", but at one point we were discussing how amusing it would be if we went onstage and pretended to be from Sweden and it just sort of stuck, hence the current ridiculous spelling and myriad omlauts. I think the official pronounciation is "Mee-crow-doot", but if we ever do perform I'm not sure we'd go with the whole prentending to be Swedish thing, since we are a pretentious lot and kind of want to be taken seriously. Other names have included "The Alfie Badger Musical Collective" and "K.I.T.E.S." which stood for "K.I.T.E.S. in the Endless Sky" -- we loved the idea of having an acronym within that very same acronym, creating a never-ending chain of acronyms. I guess we are just a little bit
  :banna:

Dreamer

hey McQ i also really love playing Mrs Robinson. and i play a lot of beatles songs, but Blackbird is too difficult for me right now.
and i love playing protest songs too. i play a lot of Dylan and Simon and Garfunkel.
i also like playing rock'n'roll songs by Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry.
*You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...*

*I may not agree with what you are saying but i will defend to my death your right to say it*

*You never ask questions, when God's on your side*

McQ

Quote from: "pjkeeley"
It's actually "Microdot", but at one point we were discussing how amusing it would be if we went onstage and pretended to be from Sweden and it just sort of stuck, hence the current ridiculous spelling and myriad omlauts. I think the official pronounciation is "Mee-crow-doot", but if we ever do perform I'm not sure we'd go with the whole prentending to be Swedish thing, since we are a pretentious lot and kind of want to be taken seriously. Other names have included "The Alfie Badger Musical Collective" and "K.I.T.E.S." which stood for "K.I.T.E.S. in the Endless Sky" -- we loved the idea of having an acronym within that very same acronym, creating a never-ending chain of acronyms. I guess we are just a little bit

Very clever. And very funny. I love it. I really love the acronym within an acronym idea too.
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Quote from: "Dreamer"hey McQ i also really love playing Mrs Robinson. and i play a lot of beatles songs, but Blackbird is too difficult for me right now.
and i love playing protest songs too. i play a lot of Dylan and Simon and Garfunkel.
i also like playing rock'n'roll songs by Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry.

Nice. All good stuff. Blackbird can be tricky, but I learned it decades ago when I was more nimble-fingered and before my brain forgot how to learn!  :D
It's really a matter of being taught it by someone who knows it. Not as hard as you may think.
--Penn Jillette

myleviathan

Quote from: "pjkeeley"

That's awesome. There's such a lack of creativity in band names. Try thinking about endless acronyms on mushrooms and you would probably go insane.

I would also classify my music as psychedelic. Too bad I don't have time to form a band. One day I will though. And we will rock.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Chimera

I played violin for 5 years. And although I can't play the piano, I know which notes are which. Nowadays, I stick to singing mostly.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman