News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

For the ladies - fashion thread

Started by Amicale, June 29, 2012, 05:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

OK, it's summer and we need a fun fashion thread here. Share your favourite looks, colour combinations, mention your favourite places to find great clothes, and for the LOA (love of Asmo) if you know of any awesome discounts, cheap online shops that you've personally used etc, please share those, too!

For me, I'm in the market for some decent skirts/cute dresses. I've got plenty of tshirts, shorts and jeans. I want to 'pretty' it up.  :D

I'm keeping my eyes open for stuff like this:

What are you ladies looking for, or have your eye on? :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

This is going to be my new favourite thread.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crow

Svpply is pretty good for a random starting point on putting you in the right direction, basically filter it down to the category you want then click "buy" on a product which is in the style you like, this will take you to the proper website and you can have a browse from there and usually find even more stuff that you like.
Retired member.

Amicale

Quote from: Crow on June 29, 2012, 07:38:02 PM
Svpply is pretty good for a random starting point on putting you in the right direction, basically filter it down to the category you want then click "buy" on a product which is in the style you like, this will take you to the proper website and you can have a browse from there and usually find even more stuff that you like.

Ooooh, never heard of this site! Nifty! Thanks!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

DeterminedJuliet

Okay, I have some more time, so I'm going to post a proper response. As I wrote in the obsession thread, I've been obsessed with Modcloth lately.

The following are some of my recent purchases  ;D

(I think I wore this one during the last HAF meetup)

They do good stuff.
Ruche and Boutique Onze have similar items, but they don't update their inventory as often.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crow

Ok here is a challenge for y'all.

Put together an outfit using images for a casual day out with friends, dont forget to include all accessories, nail colour, etc.
Retired member.

Tank

Gosh did I blink or did a bunch of derail posts vanish there?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Stevil

Quote from: Tank on June 29, 2012, 11:02:17 PM
Are men's apparel not classified as fashion?

Tank

Quote from: Stevil on June 29, 2012, 11:03:33 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 29, 2012, 11:02:17 PM
Are men's apparel not classified as fashion?
Start a male fashion thread  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

DJ, I really like those dresses from Modcloth! They also sell my size, which is awesome!  ;D The 4th and 5th dresses down are my favourites - the light blue, and the blue patterned one. SO pretty!

I found this one there at Modcloth, and I really like it:

I went shopping at Walmart today and got a couple shirts, a housedress and some shorts. One of the shirts I got for me is very pretty and curvy, and black. Another's a vibrant green. For the kiddo I got bright rainbow and flowered tshirts (her choice!) and a couple adorable little sundresses.

DeterminedJuliet

I'm okay if guys post fashion here! I have a "style" board on my Pinterest and I pin men's clothing there sometimes.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on June 29, 2012, 11:06:16 PM
Why women might like to perv at the men in the clothes, so technically its something for the ladies.
Retired member.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Crow on June 30, 2012, 12:03:32 AM
Quote from: Tank on June 29, 2012, 11:06:16 PM
Why women might like to perv at the men in the clothes, so technically its something for the ladies.

I'm not above perving on pretty much anyone.  ;D

McQ

Ummmm...where did my post here disappear to?
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: McQ on June 30, 2012, 12:58:53 AM
Ummmm...where did my post here disappear to?

Good question! I thought you had removed it.  ???