News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

For the ladies - fashion thread

Started by Amicale, June 29, 2012, 05:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

People really abuse the word "vintage."

"Omg, so vintage." NO NO. Just because you're a giant hipster, it doesn't mean that EVERYTHING is vintage! "Vintage" is a meaningless term that refers to no specific era that just means "old." Replace the word "vintage" with "old" and see what a tool you sound like, "Omg that coat is so old", "Omg that skirt is so old" SEE! It's DUMB! You don't get extra sophistication-points for labeling every-freaking-thing as vintage! 

End rant.

I've been spending way too much procrastination time on Pinterest.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crow

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on August 06, 2012, 04:57:13 PM
People really abuse the word "vintage."

"Omg, so vintage." NO NO. Just because you're a giant hipster, it doesn't mean that EVERYTHING is vintage! "Vintage" is a meaningless term that refers to no specific era that just means "old." Replace the word "vintage" with "old" and see what a tool you sound like, "Omg that coat is so old", "Omg that skirt is so old" SEE! It's DUMB! You don't get extra sophistication-points for labeling every-freaking-thing as vintage! 

End rant.

It irks me as well. Vintage shop = charity shop minus the proceeds going to charity.
Retired member.

Amicale

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on August 07, 2012, 12:59:21 AM
I need this necklace. I found it on etsy.

Oh wow, a wee bookshelf! SO cool! :) Etsy is awesome, a friend got me into snooping around it because she sells crafts there.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Awww, that's cute!  There is some really neat stuff on Etsy, and some really bizarre stuff too.  Have you ever seen the website Regretsy?  Very funny.