News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

For the ladies - fashion thread

Started by Amicale, June 29, 2012, 05:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

So, I was browsing the popular section of boots at ModCloth, when I stumbled upon these:

which look very much like these,

which are horseback riding boots. Does this mean I am finally fashionable?  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Modcloth probably saw a picture of you rocking your riding boots and was all "If Buddy is wearing them, they must be the newest hotness..."   :D :D

Crow

Why is modcloth so great? Visually it looks like a mix between Topshop and Dorothy Perkins, or is it the format the store takes that makes it so interesting to you gals.
Retired member.

En_Route

Quote from: Crow on July 24, 2012, 05:04:12 PM
Why is modcloth so great? Visually it looks like a mix between Topshop and Dorothy Perkins, or is it the format the store takes that makes it so interesting to you gals.

Are you always this brave?
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Crow

Quote from: En_Route on July 24, 2012, 05:08:47 PM

;D

But I am actually curious on why they like it.
Retired member.

OldGit

I suspect they've got a load of big, butch assistants in there with bulging biceps, spray-on T-shirts etc.  Sorry, girls, but life has taught me that such paragons tend not to be interested in ladies.  ;D

En_Route

Quote from: Crow on July 24, 2012, 05:12:52 PM
Quote from: En_Route on July 24, 2012, 05:08:47 PM

;D

But I am actually curious on why they like it.

That would make a nice inscription on your tombstone.

Ali

Ignoring Crow's impertinance (I'm feeling magnanimous) they have super cute clothes AND they release new stuff throughout the day, which makes you want to keep checking back, hour after hour after hour.  There was a study one time.  Rats and levers.  Pellets.  You get the gist.

Buddy

ModCloth is one of the only places that I actually like their dresses. I am very picky with dresses.

Quote from: Ali on July 24, 2012, 04:08:25 PM
Modcloth probably saw a picture of you rocking your riding boots and was all "If Buddy is wearing them, they must be the newest hotness..."   :D :D

Oh you flatter me so!  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Quote from: Ali on July 24, 2012, 05:54:58 PM
Ignoring Crow's impertinance (I'm feeling magnanimous) they have super cute clothes AND they release new stuff throughout the day, which makes you want to keep checking back, hour after hour after hour.  There was a study one time.  Rats and levers.  Pellets.  You get the gist.

So its the interesting sales format mixed with the style of clothes you like. Do you prefer this format versus the pre Spring/Summer, Spring, Summer, pre Autumn/Winter, Autumn, Winter roll-outs overall?

I haven't checked if this is even relevant to mod cloth but does ethics of manufacturing play a role in the purchasing of clothes? Also, if the origin of fabrics and manufacturing methods were displayed would you be more willing to drop $100 for a garment made in the USA over $45 for a garment made in China of practically the same quality.
Retired member.

Ali

Honestly, I usually don't have the time (or energy) to research the ethics behind my clothing's manufacturing methods.  But no, I would not pay way more for an item made in the US vs one made elsewhere, of equal quality.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 24, 2012, 05:54:40 AM
So, I was browsing the popular section of boots at ModCloth, when I stumbled upon these:

{boots pic}

{boots pic}

I'm sure you're very fashionable, whether it's past present or a yet to be fashion I'm not sure.

I just heard that lately there has been increased sales of riding crops for non horse related recreational activities.  It's good to hear traditional industries are finding new markets in difficult times.

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 25, 2012, 02:41:29 AM

I'm sure you're very fashionable, whether it's past present or a yet to be fashion I'm not sure.

I just heard that lately there has been increased sales of riding crops for non horse related recreational activities.  It's good to hear traditional industries are finding new markets in difficult times.

Riding crops hurt like a bitch. Especially the leather ones. I have accidentally smacked myself multiple times.

En_Route

{boots pic}

{boots pic}

Should that read "spanking new markets"?

Amicale

{boots pic}

{boots pic}

ROFL!  :D As much as I'd like to support those new markets in difficult times, I think I'll decline this particular item in its new context...  ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan