News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

I'll Say This Much About Jesus...

Started by MadBomr101, June 24, 2012, 04:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBomr101

Homeboy was ripped.

Discuss Jesus' diet and training routine.  Sit-ups and crunches were definitely being done given the six-pack.  Probably lean meats, veggies and a sh*tload of cardio.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Sandra Craft

I think the artists fantasies had more to do with it than any amount of cardio.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sweetdeath

How is that anatomy even possible?? You can't be starved/malnourished and have muscular abdomen...

As an artist, i shake my head.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

OldGit

Quote from: BooksCatsEtcI think the artists fantasies had more to do with it than any amount of cardio.

I'd bet that's right.

Ali

I don't find Dude's emaciated form to be all that attractive. 

The Magic Pudding

I don't see a six pack, just protruding ribs.

DeterminedJuliet

Well, there's also the fact that he looks totally caucasian.
He doesn't look ripped to me, just super skinny.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crow

That's just odd. it is insanely toned but starved, I'm no expert but don't the muscles have to deteriorate before that type of starvation happens to the skin.
Retired member.

Crow

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 24, 2012, 03:14:08 PM
I don't see a six pack, just protruding ribs.

No protruding ribs there. The rib muscles are keeping them tight against the stomach. i.e. if they were protruding the ribs would jut out further than the abdominal muscles and would also be visible through the pectorals.
Retired member.

OldGit

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Stevil

I'd far rather have a picture of Budha's fat smiling face on my wall than a dead or dying skinny guy.
Christian's are morbid.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Stevil on June 24, 2012, 08:17:32 PM
I'd far rather have a picture of Budha's fat smiling face on my wall than a dead or dying skinny guy.
Christian's are morbid.

A gross (pardon the pun) generalization.  Many Christians don't have any need of looking at pictures or statues that they know don't represent the real thing, anyway. Furthermore, Protestants generally refrain from depicting Jesus on the cross in their art, and focus on Jesus alive, either pre-crucifixion or post-resurrection.  But, like Catholics, when they do depict him artistically, they usually make him in their image.

Stevil

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 24, 2012, 08:53:43 PM
Christian's are morbid.

A gross (pardon the pun) generalization.  Many Christians don't have any need of looking at pictures or statues that they know don't represent the real thing, anyway. Furthermore, Protestants generally refrain from depicting Jesus on the cross in their art, and focus on Jesus alive, either pre-crucifixion or post-resurrection.  But, like Catholics, when they do depict him artistically, they usually make him in their image.
OK, fair enough, Catholics are morbid. They like to imagine eating Jesus flesh, drinking his blood. The love the look of him dying on a cross. They make soapified remains into Saints, gives me the creeps.

But surly most Christians love that Jesus died (for their sins). Bring that guy over here, give me some wood and nails (and a hammer) and absolve ourselves!

I've never seen a Chinese, Mexican, African or gay Jesus. Whose image is he really being made in?

En_Route

Quote from: Stevil on June 24, 2012, 09:02:16 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 24, 2012, 08:53:43 PM
Christian's are morbid.

OK, fair enough, Catholics are morbid. They like to imagine eating Jesus flesh, drinking his blood. The love the look of him dying on a cross. They make soapified remains into Saints, gives me the creeps.

But surly most Christians love that Jesus died (for their sins). Bring that guy over here, give me some wood and nails (and a hammer) and absolve ourselves!

I've never seen a Chinese, Mexican, African or gay Jesus. Whose image is he really being made in?
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).