News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

How old are you?

Started by Willow, August 07, 2011, 10:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankcaster

I'm 15 turning 16 this December.
"Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not" - André Gide

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

iSok

Qur'an [49:13] - "O Mankind, We created you all from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another. Verily the noblest of you in the sight of God is the most God-fearing of you. Surely God is All-Knowing, All-Aware."

Ecurb Noselrub

59. Approaching middle age.

KingPhilip

Just turned 19 the 27th of September.
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Krishnamurti

MathKat

Quote from: Willow on August 07, 2011, 10:59:24 PM
I have notice that we seem to have quite a lot of teenagers here, and that some members are quite a lot older than me.  This is unlike the skeptics meet I went to which was full of 30 somethings.

So how old are you?

My sociology teacher told me that faith increases in older people, perhaps in fear of death.  Bearing in mind the age weighting of the internet, this may not be true.

I'm not sure I entirely believe that faith increases with age.  With each new generation there are more and more atheists so it stands to reason that you're going to see more younger atheists than older ones.

MathKat

Norfolk And Chance

39 and not sure that faith increases with age. Cynicism and intolerance certainly does though.
Reality is the stuff that doesn't go away when you stop believing in it ~ Matt Dillahunty

Asmodean

Quote from: Norfolk And Chance on October 09, 2011, 11:02:52 PM
Cynicism and intolerance certainly does though.
Yes. The general... Grayness, for lack of a better word. That tends to increase too. I can feel it creeping in...  :-[
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ildiko

Quote from: McQ on August 08, 2011, 07:41:09 PM
I guess I can't stall any longer.

But I'll make you work for it. I'm 283.15 in degrees Kelvin.

I'm in Europe so automatically converted that to Celsius - you are 10?  :)

Attila

Quote from: Norfolk And Chance on October 09, 2011, 11:02:52 PM
39 and not sure that faith increases with age. Cynicism and intolerance certainly does though.
69 and it doesn't, particularly if it was never there in the first place. Cynicism? maybe up a tad with experience. Intolerance? Intolerance of states of being=down Intolerance of actions=up
ciao,
Attila

Sir_Nuttingham

I'm 22 years old, wich is actually just about the age I feel myself to be. :)

no_god_know_peace

I am 20 years old and turning 21 in January. Although I am petite and I often get mistaken for a 14 year old haha XD