News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 17, 2022, 09:37:17 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 17, 2022, 08:53:44 PM

I can't believe it Mags! You basically gave me a free pass to bug you yesterday, and I blew it!! :o
Ha! Yes, yes you did.
Too bad. You had permission to disturb me, and you blew it.
:smilenod:

Next time Mags, next time!! :Gaah:

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 17, 2022, 07:41:15 PM
I am the youngest of three siblings. I have two older sister's, so I revel in being the baby, bratty brother...I mean I didn't ask for the job as being the youngest, but hey, you do what you gotta do!

So how did you and the old man meet?
We met dancing. Love at first sight. And we've been on an eternal passionate honeymoon ever since. :grin:

How about you, PB? How did you and your lovely wife meet? Did you meet her here or in Honduras?

Dancing, that's cool...was it at club or party? Who asked who to dance first?

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 17, 2022, 09:37:17 PM
Yes, me and Socorro met in Honduras....I had been in country about 3-4 weeks, and a couple guys who were getting ready to rotate out wanted to fly a couple of missions before they left, so one day I was left with little to do after I dropped them off at the airfield, and then took care of some minor things. So I went to the company formation which normally I didn't attend, and the 1st Sgt was looking for a couple volunteers to go to one of the warehouses on base and observe a quarterly inventory being conducted by one of the contractors.

I figured even if it was boring it would be a good way to meet some new people, as bartering was very useful way to get stuff on the base. So I volunteered.

Socorro worked for one of the American Contractors on the base, and our paths crossed while I was at the warehouse (She was an accountant). I still remember the moment like it was yesterday! (Seriously, the way she was walking, the outfit she was wearing, the style of her hair,...and then the way she smiled at me)
She was walking outside, and the first thing I noticed about her was the remarkable way she could manage to walk along the gravel in rather high-heels...amazing. She was wearing a light-green dress, and just looked stunning...she said hello to me, and we chatted for a bit. (She actually said "Hello Handsome", to which I paused, looked behind me, and then after pointing to myself, said, "You talking to me"?....yes, I did say that, and she still wanted to talk to me after that cheeky, stupid response :P )

Later, as I was waiting for a ride to my side of the base we met up again, and spoke at some length. Eventually exchanging information, and agreeing to meet up that weekend...the rest is history.
That's a great story.
So, she spoke English in Honduras or was all this in Spanish?
I have seen your music videos,  and I'm gonna agree with your lovely wife, in the most respectful way...you are handsome.

...But, not more handsome than my man. ;D

One day I told my friend, " Let's go dancing, I have a feeling I'm gonna meet the father of my children tonight." And we laughed.

We went to a night club and I said, "I don't think he is here, let's go somewhere else." So, we did.

I peeked inside the window of another nightclub, and I said, maybe here. She said, "no, I don't like this place." But I convinced her.  :grin:

I saw him dancing, and I thought he was attractive, he said he saw my huge beautiful smile while I was looking at him...( later I told him that the smile was because I thought he danced funny.) :P

He kept staring at me from far away for a while. He finally asked me to dance with him, and I have never danced with anyone else ever since.

We have two handsome boys now. So, I did go out to find the father of my children that night, (that was a joke)... but I did find him.
Weird.
--Must be a witch thing. :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on February 17, 2022, 10:06:57 PM

That's a great story.
I have seen your music videos,  and I'm gonna agree with your lovely wife, in the most respectful way...you are handsome.

She's bilingual and spoke English even back then,...my Spanish is horrible :P

Anyway, you are sweet Mags, but it sounds like you got the real El Guapo!

Quote...But, not more handsome than my man. ;D

One day I told my friend, " Let's go dancing, I have a feeling I'm gonna meet the father of my children tonight." And we laughed.

We went to a night club and I said, "I don't think he is here, let's go somewhere else." So, we did.

I peeked inside the window of another nightclub, and I said, maybe here. She said, "no, I don't like this place." But I convinced her.  :grin:

I saw him dancing, and I thought he was attractive, he said he saw my huge beautiful smile while I was looking at him...( later I told him that the smile was because I thought he danced funny.) :P

He kept staring at me from far away for a while. He finally asked me to dance with him, and I have never danced with anyone else ever since.

We have two handsome boys now. So, I did go out to find the father of my children that night, (that was a joke)... but I did find him.
Weird.

That's a nice story as well, he's a lucky guy. Do you remember the first song you danced to?...(My wife and her friends always made fun of the way I danced)

I believe the witchy thing....I always accuse Socorro of witchcraft with regards to me falling in love with her!

One weekend she accompanied a childhood friend of hers to visit one of those witch-doctors who lives up in the mountains...her friend was actually having some relationship issues and wanted the woman to cast a spell on her boyfriend. Socorro went because her friend begged her to go, and promised her a nice dinner, plus it's a beautiful small mountain village (I've actually been there, and it's really beautiful)
Socorro is Catholic, and doesn't really believe in that stuff (yeah, right)  :halo:

One day the following week I stopped by to see Socorro at her office on the base, and we were sitting at her desk, and she open the drawer to get something out when I noticed a clear, plastic baggy in the drawer filled with my hair, and one of my Army patches that I gave her.
One day the week before I had stopped by to see her right after I got my hair-cut, and while sitting at her desk I jokingly rubbed my head and made the freshly cut hair fall out on her desk....instead of throwing it out, she saved it.

All of this was suspicious to me, because when I asked her about her friends visit to the witch doctor she told me her friend had to take some personal items of her boyfriend to the witch doctor so she could cast her spell!!

So I always suspect she did the same as I had never wanted to get married until I met her 8), but I'm glad she did. :-*

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 17, 2022, 11:23:22 PM

That's a great story.

She's bilingual and spoke English even back then,...my Spanish is horrible :P

Anyway, you are sweet Mags, but it sounds like you got the real El Guapo!

Ha!  :lol:
That's very accurate!
:rofl:

...But, not more handsome than my man. ;D

Weird.

That's a nice story as well, he's a lucky guy. Do you remember the first song you danced to?...(My wife and her friends always made fun of the way I danced)
No, I don't remember the first song we danced to. I was too busy...doing things I shouldn't have done... :notsure:
...instead of paying attention to the song that I was dancing to with the future father of my children.
;D

I believe the witchy thing....I always accuse Socorro of witchcraft with regards to me falling in love with her!

One weekend she accompanied a childhood friend of hers to visit one of those witch-doctors who lives up in the mountains...her friend was actually having some relationship issues and wanted the woman to cast a spell on her boyfriend. Socorro went because her friend begged her to go, and promised her a nice dinner, plus it's a beautiful small mountain village (I've actually been there, and it's really beautiful)
Socorro is Catholic, and doesn't really believe in that stuff (yeah, right)  :halo:

One day the following week I stopped by to see Socorro at her office on the base, and we were sitting at her desk, and she open the drawer to get something out when I noticed a clear, plastic baggy in the drawer filled with my hair, and one of my Army patches that I gave her.
One day the week before I had stopped by to see her right after I got my hair-cut, and while sitting at her desk I jokingly rubbed my head and made the freshly cut hair fall out on her desk....instead of throwing it out, she saved it.

All of this was suspicious to me, because when I asked her about her friends visit to the witch doctor she told me her friend had to take some personal items of her boyfriend to the witch doctor so she could cast her spell!!

So I always suspect she did the same as I had never wanted to get married until I met her 8), but I'm glad she did. :-*
Ha!
I've heard of that hair spell!
:shocked:

My man thinks I put a spell on him as well. :snicker:
Whenever I'm cooking he asks, "So, working on a new spell?"
;)

How long have you two been married?

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on February 18, 2022, 02:26:30 AM

We just celebrated 31 years earlier this month! :slapfight:

What about you two?

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 18, 2022, 04:08:03 PM

What about you two?

20  :slapfight:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on February 18, 2022, 04:11:37 PM

What about you two?

You two are catching up!! Anyway congrats to you and your man...20 years is awesome. He's a lucky guy 8)

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 18, 2022, 08:57:47 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 18, 2022, 04:11:37 PM

What about you two?

You two are catching up!! Anyway congrats to you and your man...20 years is awesome. He's a lucky guy 8)
Thank you, PB. Congrats to you too.  :hug2:

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Mr. B

coming up on our 20th in June. There was talk in the past of revisiting our honeymoon in Jamaica for our 20th but that is not looking possible at this point. Any suggestions? At this moment we are prepairing to try to buy the house I grew up in from my step father.

What did ya'll do to celebrate your 20th anniverseries?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Dark Lightning

Our 42st Anniversary was last Monday.  :cheersfortwo:

Magdalena

Congratulations, guys.  :clapping:

I guess one doesn't need a god to stay married.  :shrug:

Biggus Dickus

Wow, 42 years is awesome...Congratulations,...that really special and awesome!!

20 years is just as awesome!

We've never in 31 years gone anywhere really special, we have on occasion spent a night or two in small towns that are close to us, like Ann Arbor and Plymouth, MI.

Usually we just try and spend the day together. We like those two cities I mentioned because the are only about 30 minutes from where we live, but they are great places to spend a day or two just walking around. We visit stores, coffee shops, when I drank a bar or two, and then somewhere decent for dinner.

It's cool just being together....we've done the same in Detroit. Only bad part is our anniversary is in early February, and so here in Michigan it's usually cold so my Honduran wife struggles, but strangely we've been lucky with good weather.

This year we stayed home. I made brunch, and then we cooked dinner together. Afterwards we watched a movie, and then video of our wedding.

I often think the simpler the plans the more enjoyable the time spent....but that's just my opinion.

Dark Lightning

42st? Shit, it's a typo. 41st.  :d'oh!: