News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 14, 2018, 06:18:58 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 14, 2018, 06:07:25 PM
Quote from: Arturo on April 14, 2018, 02:40:43 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 14, 2018, 08:40:43 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 09, 2018, 01:56:35 PM
<===
I lost a bet to someone here. This will be my avatar for one week. I don't know who she is, but...

I'm so happy...Monday morning I will get rid of this avatar...I will wear clothes again!!!  :frolic:

I see mags is cosplaying a vampire for awhile....
:picard facepalm:
She is not a vampire, she is a nun.

A true caped crusader. :lol:
Yes.  :lol:

Apparently, she's like...a combination of Batman, (with her abundant supply of sharp crosses in her utility belt.) She is also a little bit of a,  Little Red Ridding Hood, and The Big Bad Ape, and some Jesus"- kick-ass-DNA.

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Rift Zone

Quote from: Davin on April 13, 2018, 08:12:03 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 13, 2018, 08:10:02 PM
Quote from: Davin on April 13, 2018, 08:04:16 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 13, 2018, 07:47:19 PM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 13, 2018, 04:42:22 PM
Just a twig,...which represents our connection to the jungle and the world. Or a doobie...can't remember which. 8)

A doobie?
:deadpan:
A jazz cigarette?

An American rock band from San Jose, California?
Why not? I used to live there.
Davin!  you know the ways of Silicon Valley!   cool.   
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 15, 2018, 08:50:30 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 14, 2018, 06:18:58 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 14, 2018, 06:07:25 PM
Quote from: Arturo on April 14, 2018, 02:40:43 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 14, 2018, 08:40:43 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 09, 2018, 01:56:35 PM
<===
I lost a bet to someone here. This will be my avatar for one week. I don't know who she is, but...

I'm so happy...Monday morning I will get rid of this avatar...I will wear clothes again!!!  :frolic:

I see mags is cosplaying a vampire for awhile....
:picard facepalm:
She is not a vampire, she is a nun.

A true caped crusader. :lol:
Yes.  :lol:

Apparently, she's like...a combination of Batman, (with her abundant supply of sharp crosses in her utility belt.) She is also a little bit of a,  Little Red Ridding Hood, and The Big Bad Ape, and some Jesus"- kick-ass-DNA.

You seem quite acquainted with your avatar, Mags. :snicker:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Rift Zone

in the standard model of qm, the photon is the particle that carries the electromagnetic force...    this means magnets should glow, independent of black body radiation, which is cool AF...    except magnets don't glow.
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Essie Mae

It's on my mind that the CD and memory stick that were used to copy over some precious footage on video cassette will at some stage be old and useless technology, so where should I have them copied to now?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on April 16, 2018, 12:04:51 AM
It's on my mind that the CD and memory stick that were used to copy over some precious footage on video cassette will at some stage be old and useless technology, so where should I have them copied to now?

The Cloud?

Essie Mae

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 16, 2018, 12:06:03 AM

The Cloud?

Is that going to be around for the foreseeable do you think? Being rather electronically clueless, I am not sure if I can trust it.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on April 16, 2018, 12:08:21 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 16, 2018, 12:06:03 AM

The Cloud?

Is that going to be around for the foreseeable do you think? Being rather electronically clueless, I am not sure if I can trust it.

I have no idea...probably something else will come around to replace it eventually. It is the newest thing out there though, as far as I know. On the plus side you can access your files from any computer, smartphone, tablet, etc, and unlike physical CDs and pendrives or memory sticks you don't misplace your uploaded files.

Dave

External hard drives are currently the safest. Home written CDs only last a few years and solid state drives are more expensive/Gbyte at the moment. The Cloud relies on its economics and someone else's security.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Harmonie

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 15, 2018, 02:58:11 PM

Sometimes?

Heck, I'm instantly more cautious of someone when they say that they are a Christian/go to church.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 15, 2018, 02:26:30 PM
You seem quite acquainted with your avatar, Mags. :snicker:
"Meh..."

It doesn't matter anymore, it's gone now.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 15, 2018, 02:58:11 PM

Yup.
I've been living with one *"of those" for 16 happy years.  :tellmemore:

*The one with tattoos. Not the one who goes to church.  :smileshake:

Bluenose

Quote from: Rift Zone on April 15, 2018, 06:10:22 PM
in the standard model of qm, the photon is the particle that carries the electromagnetic force...    this means magnets should glow, independent of black body radiation, which is cool AF...    except magnets don't glow.

Basic error.  A photon is not an actual particle.  It is a specific excitation of the electromagnetic field that propagates through space at speed c and exhibits particle like behaviour in certain circumstances, but not in others. Because your premise is false, your conclusion is likewise false.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett