News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Iconic Grayness™. All is right in the world again.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

joeactor

Quote from: Asmodean on January 31, 2017, 02:25:20 PM
Iconic Grayness™. All is right in the world again.

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Father Bruno on January 27, 2017, 03:48:30 PM
Quote from: No one on January 25, 2017, 09:10:49 PM
xSilverPhinx:
Where has Mags gone?

Perhaps she is migrating.

Mags will be back, she had to take some time off to get her feet scraped.

Found out Señora Mags need additional time off as she is still quite busy. She is done getting her feet taken care of, but now has agreed to volunteer her time at a local catholic church.

Apparently she is assisting the "Sister's of Charity" in growing a better strain of home-grown marijuana in the Convent. (Nuns said the old shit they were growing was making them too paranoid, they wanted something a bit more mellow, yet still strong enough to get closer to Jesus)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 01, 2017, 09:09:30 PM
xSilverPhinx:
Where has Mags gone?

Found out Señora Mags need additional time off as she is still quite busy. She is done getting her feet taken care of, but now has agreed to volunteer her time at a local catholic church.

Apparently she is assisting the "Sister's of Charity" in growing a better strain of home-grown marijuana in the Convent. (Nuns said the old shit they were growing was making them too paranoid, they wanted something a bit more mellow, yet still strong enough to get closer to Jesus)

:lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Here in the US it is "Groundhog Day", meaning a caged and overfed rat supposedly is able to predict the length of winter depending on whether or not it can see it's shadow.

Apparently this is an old German custom dating back to the 18th and 19th centuries based on ancient european folklore. The base of this tradition is supposedly traced back to the Pagan festival of Imbolc which was also celebrated on the 2nd of February.

It was reported this morning from Pennsylvania that our most famous and renown groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil (Yes the same rat from the movie) reportedly reacted to it's shadow and retreated back into it's cage, thus predicting winter would last another long, dark unprecedented 4 years. :'(

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 02, 2017, 03:20:13 PM
Here in the US it is "Groundhog Day", meaning a caged and overfed rat supposedly is able to predict the length of winter depending on whether or not it can see it's shadow.

Apparently this is an old German custom dating back to the 18th and 19th centuries based on ancient european folklore. The base of this tradition is supposedly traced back to the Pagan festival of Imbolc which was also celebrated on the 2nd of February.

It was reported this morning from Pennsylvania that our most famous and renown groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil (Yes the same rat from the movie) reportedly reacted to it's shadow and retreated back into it's cage, thus predicting winter would last another long, dark unprecedented 4 years. :'(

:therethere: Hopefully it'll only be 4, and not double that.

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 01, 2017, 09:09:30 PM
xSilverPhinx:
Where has Mags gone?

Rumors...rumors!!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Mags!  :hug:

I didn't believe those rumours.  :secrets1:

:P

Magdalena

You probably miss me.

I miss you too.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Recusant

OK, but it's still great to see you here again, Magdalena! :dance:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

OK.

I'm telling ya, I did not believe those rumours.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on February 02, 2017, 05:00:17 PM
I'll come back another day.

We do all miss you terribly Magdalena, especially me, but I understand you are still busy helping others. You're so kind.

To those who don't know, apparently Mags has been able to help get the Sisters of Charity all straighten out. They didn't see Jesus, however; they are now committed atheists(Good Job Mags 8) )

Her next act of kindness which will also keep her away from the forum longer than expected is helping out a friend of who owns her own business; apparently Mags friend owns a "Fortune Cookie Bakery" and requires someone to not only write the fortunes, but fold the paper small enough to fit in the cookie.

I suspect Mags excels at this type of work.

You go girl!

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Firebird

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 02, 2017, 05:32:44 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 02, 2017, 05:00:17 PM
I'll come back another day.

We do all miss you terribly Magdalena, especially me, but I understand you are still busy helping others. You're so kind.

To those who don't know, apparently Mags has been able to help get the Sisters of Charity all straighten out. They didn't see Jesus, however; they are now committed atheists(Good Job Mags 8) )

Her next act of kindness which will also keep her away from the forum longer than expected is helping out a friend of who owns her own business; apparently Mags friend owns a "Fortune Cookie Bakery" and requires someone to not only write the fortunes, but fold the paper small enough to fit in the cookie.

I suspect Mags excels at this type of work.

You go girl!

Huh, and here I was wondering who had put "Help! I'm being held captive in a fortune cookie factory!" in my last Chinese meal. Now I know. Mags, reach out to us for help!!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"