Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tom62 on December 22, 2016, 12:24:15 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 22, 2016, 11:26:51 AM

Is there at least good food?  It's worth it if there's good food.

Yes, my mother in law is a professional cook. Her dishes are awesome. The only problem is that she cooks the old traditional way (with loads of calories and carbs).

Eh, it can't hurt once a year, can it?  (I ask because for some people it can)
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Bad Penny II

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 22, 2016, 12:45:40 PM

Yes, my mother in law is a professional cook. Her dishes are awesome. The only problem is that she cooks the old traditional way (with loads of calories and carbs).

No it can't hurt, you can only absorb so much in a day so you may as well keep piling your plate.
Yes it does hurt, everything you eat not expended in exertion is added to your lard for all to see.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tom62

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 22, 2016, 12:45:40 PM

The 2kg that I gained last year, when we stayed at her place,  was definitively worth it.

Newsflash: my wife would like to stay a day longer at home and dive on Friday evening to Munich, to avoid the heavy Thursday traffic.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on December 22, 2016, 10:45:19 AM
This evening I'll drive off to Munich for a short vacation. Well, not much of a real vacation, because most of the time I'll be visiting my wife's family. Apart from being German  ;), they are not a bad bunch of people. Nevertheless, I'm not a big fan of family visits during the holiday season. Worst is that I won't have any Internet access. I'll probably have to cope with severe withdrawal symptoms :-\.

Wishing you all Happy Holidays, Christmas or whatever (I don't give a shit about) and CU back on the 28th,
Tom
Have a great vacation, Tom62:sadwave:
We will CU back on the 28th.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

Quote from: Tom62 on December 22, 2016, 10:45:19 AMWishing you all Happy Holidays . . .

Back at ya, Tomb62, and safe travels.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

I told Bruno de la Pole, "Merry Christmas," from me and from all of you, I hope that's OK.  :shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on December 23, 2016, 11:00:33 PM
I told Bruno de la Pole, "Merry Christmas," from me and from all of you, I hope that's OK.  :shifty:

Great by me, tell him also to come up and see us sometime.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

Yes, well... As long as The Asmo's demand for all that merriment being counterweighed by next year's grunpiness is included, He does not disapprove.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Of course!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Sure! :smilenod:

Just the other day there was a bossa nova song playing, I thought of Bruno. :chin:

Awful stuff, bossa nova, it would certainly qualify as sound pollution, for sure.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

Merry Christmas, one and all!

Biggus Dickus

To the God-less heathens of HAF I wish you all a very Merry Christmas...hopefully it will be one of good cheer and food as I expect mine to be, one surrounded by loving family and friends.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 24, 2016, 09:16:40 PM

Sure! :smilenod:

Just the other day there was a bossa nova song playing, I thought of Bruno. :chin:

Awful stuff, bossa nova, it would certainly qualify as sound pollution, for sure.

I suppose I'm going to take this as a compliment xSP, as it's always nice to be thought of by those you like and respect, though it's rather like saying, "Hello dear friend, you know I stubbed my toe really hard recently, broke it actually, had to go to the doctor and all. Wanted you to know the pain and agony made me think of you"
:P
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on December 25, 2016, 01:03:48 PM
I suppose I'm going to take this as a compliment xSP, as it's always nice to be thought of by those you like and respect, though it's rather like saying, "Hello dear friend, you know I stubbed my toe really hard recently, broke it actually, had to go to the doctor and all. Wanted you to know the pain and agony made me think of you"
:P

Haha :lol: You know Bruno the association between you and Bossa Nova is so strong in my mind I just can't help it.  :shrug: Unfortunately that genre of music is more common than say, gringos bonitões around here ... ;) It's a probability game.

xSilverPhinx

Firebird

Hi all, popping in while in between diaper changes and feeding. Firechicklet is lying on my chest passed out right now, but we're about to go to a friend's place for dinner (fellow non-Christmas celebrator), so she'll be crabby soon. I don't mind, because she's still perfect in every way, even the crabby ones.
Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating, happy Pagan Tree day to all those not, and hope you're all doing good well. Hopefully will be back here more often now.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"