News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I know how to change oil and have done it once. But it was such a faff to dispose of the old oil that I never bothered again.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Pasta Chick

The other stuff JJ mentioned is where the real savings are. I've done routine brakes, stuck calipers, and exhaust work, alternator replacement (unless they put it behind the fucking engine, Oldsmobile...) and basic batteries, terminals, air filters, etc...

That's part of why I like my Subarus. They're one of the easiest cars to DIY I've found.

Hardvark

I'm off to Old Trafford for the stadium tour with my youngest son today, we are both excited as last week when we were originally booked in we couldn't get there because of the Manchester marathon.

Hope nothing goes wrong this week. :)

OldGit

I used to do all the maintenance on my vehicles; I couldn't afford to pay people.  Now I do what I physically can and just have to pay for other stuff.

Enjoy the tour, Hardvark!

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Hardvark on April 17, 2016, 08:40:12 AM
I'm off to Old Trafford for the stadium tour with my youngest son today, we are both excited as last week when we were originally booked in we couldn't get there because of the Manchester marathon.

Have fun. Good to see some fellow united fans on here!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Claireliontamer on April 17, 2016, 01:07:10 PM

Yeah for spending time with your son, and I hope you both enjoy the day. I went spent the evening out yesterday with my son, and we had an really enjoyable time. (Cuban restaurant, Turkish coffees, and listened to some cool jazz)

But boo and more boo's for going to "that place" which shall not be named...and really there are already enough united fans here at HAF, in fact I think it used to be a prerequisite or something to join the forum way back when.

GO LIVERPOOL!!

I'm off to give blood this morning, as there is a blood drive going on at the church and school I was brutally forced to attend as a child. I just pray I don't see any nuns.

Give Blood, save lives (If you can) and be a hero. Like me.

Enjoy your morning folks. 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Hardvark

I knew there was something about you I liked. ;)

Hardvark

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 17, 2016, 01:46:38 PM

Yeah for spending time with your son, and I hope you both enjoy the day. I went spent the evening out yesterday with my son, and we had an really enjoyable time. (Cuban restaurant, Turkish coffees, and listened to some cool jazz)

But boo and more boo's for going to "that place" which shall not be named...and really there are already enough united fans here at HAF, in fact I think it used to be a prerequisite or something to join the forum way back when.

GO LIVERPOOL!!

I'm off to give blood this morning, as there is a blood drive going on at the church and school I was brutally forced to attend as a child. I just pray I don't see any nuns.

Give Blood, save lives (If you can) and be a hero. Like me.

Enjoy your morning folks. 8)
Well done for the blood thing, sorry about your choice of team, but we can't all have taste. :P

Crow

How was the swamp? Did you see lots of rags that had fallen asleep after yesterdays game and still not woken up yet?
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Fucking Katz....Bruno may appreciate this post ;)

A couple of weeks ago I got freaked out as a random baseball cap appeared in my house.  I really thought someone had been in my house and JJ insisted I called the police.  I did, they didn't take it too seriously but they logged it......

Anyway today, I'm outside in the garden getting some washing in off the line and when I come back in the house there is a neighbour's cat sat looking at me.  This time with another woman's bra in its mouth!  I bet the fucking cat brought the baseball cap in too.   

OldGit

I expect it was trying to help. :D

xSilverPhinx

I would like to be a citizen of Mars. Could someone take me there, please?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Hardvark

Quote from: Crow on April 17, 2016, 04:51:03 PM
How was the swamp? Did you see lots of rags that had fallen asleep after yesterdays game and still not woken up yet?
;D I have to admit United are pretty boring at the moment, but you've got to take the rough with the smooth.

Didn't see anyone asleep, but there was more people in the queue for the chip shop than you get at Liverpool home games.

Firebird

Quote from: Claireliontamer on April 17, 2016, 05:44:18 PM
Fucking Katz....Bruno may appreciate this post ;)

A couple of weeks ago I got freaked out as a random baseball cap appeared in my house.  I really thought someone had been in my house and JJ insisted I called the police.  I did, they didn't take it too seriously but they logged it......

Anyway today, I'm outside in the garden getting some washing in off the line and when I come back in the house there is a neighbour's cat sat looking at me.  This time with another woman's bra in its mouth!  I bet the fucking cat brought the baseball cap in too.

At least it wasn't a mouse ;)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Crow

Quote from: Hardvark link=topic=724.msg329296#msg329296;D I have to admit United are pretty boring at the moment, but you've got to take the rough with the smooth.

Didn't see anyone asleep, but there was more people in the queue for the chip shop than you get at Liverpool home games.

This fella fell asleep at the weekend and his mate was a bastard and put it online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfwTR5lq0c

To be fair I have witnessed a lot of people fall asleep at game.
Retired member.