News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 24, 2016, 10:43:02 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 24, 2016, 10:37:22 PM
I can cook two-minute noodles, does that count?

In my book, yes.

:grin: I like it because it isn't something you can get really wrong. The worse that can happen is that you leave it boiling for more than 2 mins and the noodles become soggy. Then it becomes sort of a soup...thing. 

Frozen pizza, on the other hand, is a true odyssey.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crow

:o Wow, just wow. I hope that is one damn good frozen pizza because pizzas are the easiest food to make from scratch, it is true peasant food as it is cheap, quick and pretty much fool proof.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on March 24, 2016, 11:21:48 PM
:o Wow, just wow. I hope that is one damn good frozen pizza because pizzas are the easiest food to make from scratch, it is true peasant food as it is cheap, quick and pretty much fool proof.

Nope, easier said than done.  :nu-uh:

Frozen pizzas are as easy as they get, all you need to do is light the oven, pop one in, then wait. However, I am notorious for screwing up that last step and pizzas usually end up burnt.

If I ever open a pizza place I will call it "Hell's Pizza"...or "Lunch's Crunch". :chin:

Buddy

Going to small town diners and overhearing people talk politics is not good for my blood pressure.

"France only uses 1% of their GDP, whatever that means."

Jesus.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Original post removed by author.

I leave this dribble in it's place.

I don't get his nickname, what's it mean?
It doesn't mean anything; it's more to do with the sound and feeling of it.
The sound of it...?
Yeah, it rhymes with his last name.
No it doesn't, it's not even close.
Well not his entire last name, just the end of it, the "Yeti" part.
"Chimm-Yim" and "Yeti" don't rhyme together!
You have to put it all together, like this: "Chimm-Yim-Yeti".
Now do you get it?
No, it makes no sense, none of your nick-names for each other make sense, but it is fun to say.
Do you have a nick-name for me?
Yes, but I can't tell you what it is.
C'mon, tell me...I'll let you kiss me if you tell me.

So you guys stole her dog, I can't believe it.
We didn't steal the dog, borrowed is more like it, although kidnapping does match our actions. Anyway the dog was fine, we took really good care of it while we had him, and in fact we fed him, gave him treats, and even gave him a bath.
You gave the dog a bath, why the hell did you do that?
Carlsberg spilled a beer on him, so he smelled kind of funny. He didn't like it a bit either.

How did you guys get him into the school?
Lumpy and me hid out in the auditorium until all of the custodial workers left for the night, we tried leaving a couple windows unlocked the night before, but they must have found them open and relocked them.
Plus, I have a key to the principal's office...

You know Lumpy doesn't like her nickname, I like mine though, it's cute.
It's not your real nickname, I lied, sorry.
I let you kiss me, and you lied?
Yes, again I'm sorry, it's just that I've wanted to kiss you for a long time.... If you let me kiss you again I promise I'll tell you the truth, okay?
Okay, go ahead kiss me again.

They really had a fit when the discovered the dog in the principals office, if they find out it was you guys who did that they'll expel you for sure.

I don't think they'll figure out who did it, we covered our tracks really good, plus we made it look like it could have been some of the Jocks who pulled it off...they'll never guess it was us who did it, unless someone tells.
You won't tell on us will you?
No of course not.
As extra insurance I planted the key to the principals office in the Head-Jock's locker, he's uaware that I know his combination.
That's clever, was that your idea?
No, it was Lumpy's...and it was Cheech who stole the combination to dick-heads locker.

May I kiss you again? It's nice....

We have to get going, if we don't leave soon someone might see us  later when we climb out.

Okay, by the way how did you find this spot anyway, it's awesome....

I know a lot of places like this to hide, when you are always running away you find places like this to hide.
Normal people don't think of them.

By the way I don't like my nick-name either now that I know it, it sounds rather dystopian.

You figured that out quick, but yeah that's the basis of it, as you remind me of Julia...and I'm Winston. Get it?

You're an idiot...why do I remind you of Julia?

You rebel only for the pleasure you derive from it, probably we all do...plus you are really sensual and pragmatic.

Let's go my love, before O'Brien finds us.

You love me?

Shhhhhhhh?

Crow is still a dick.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Firebird

Wow Bruno. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Not an easy read.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Firebird on March 25, 2016, 04:39:06 PM
Wow Bruno. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Not an easy read.

My thoughts exactly.  Look after yourself Bruno, I'm sure that meeting must have brought back a lot of memories.   :hug:

Magdalena

My dear, Bruno.
I don't know know what to tell you, that's a sad story. It made me cry. All of us have stories to tell, don't we? You tell yours in such a poetic way.

Do I remember all those kids in school? Yes. Their names and lastnames. The smartests, the rejects, the obnoxious, and loud ones, the disciplinary cases, the smokers, the jokers, all of them. They were beautiful, wonderful and so special, they still are, they will always be. Some are dead, some are still alive. They are a 'frozen' memory, every now and then, the ice slowly starts to melt, and I'm there again with all of them. 

Do I want to erase the HD each day? Sometimes I do. But the storm passes, it always does. Those memories make us who we are--you wouldn't be the beautiful, wonderful and special person you are today if you would've erased your HD a long time ago.  :console:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

Dear Magdalena, that was a beautiful reaction to a sad story  :'(
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

My dear, Tom62, all of you inspire beautiful things everytime I come here. I find here what I will never find in a religious forum. :hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

I'm fine folks, and thanks for reading...first it felt good just to write, but it was even better to share.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

A touching story, and good writing, too. Thank you very much for sharing it, Bruno de la Pole:computerwave:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Crow

Amazing idea. This should be standard at all pools.

__

I liked Brunos post. It got me thinking, Bruno said "gravestones" and mentioned one person dead. Bruno is accountable and the person he met but there are three other people his other friends and the other drivers wife. What happened to them?
Retired member.