News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

I've never photographed what I'm about to eat.
Why do people do that?  :snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on March 21, 2016, 03:30:11 AM

Well missy, I took some pictures of some of the food I prepared this evening, and I sent a couple of those to my son who is working tonight to let him know what was waiting for him when he came home.

I thought I would share one of those photos with my friends here at HAF, was going to post it in the cooking thread, but couldn't find it.

So sorry to have messed up your thread... :folded:

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

No, no, no, Bruno. I wasn't talking bout your picture. The whole thing was just a coincidence.

I have noticed that people take pictures of their food, I don't know where everyone's sending them. Back in my days, we didn't do that--that's all.

Your food looks delicious, it's too bad I can't have any of it.  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on March 21, 2016, 04:29:58 AM
No, no, no, Bruno. I wasn't talking bout your picture. The whole thing was just a coincidence.

I have noticed that people take pictures of their food, I don't know where everyone's sending them. Back in my days, we didn't do that--that's all.

I don't think I would give you any.... :puppysnicker:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

I think it's a foody thing, and in my case a bragging thing.  "Look, I made this and it actually looks non-toxic!"
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 21, 2016, 04:34:38 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 21, 2016, 04:29:58 AM

I don't think I would give you any.... :puppysnicker:
Well...

Thank you.

Besides,
"It is said that the Dragon Warrior can survive for months at a time on nothing but the dew of a single ginko leaf and the energy of the universe." --Tigress
:P

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 21, 2016, 04:40:15 AM

I think it's a foody thing, and in my case a bragging thing.  "Look, I made this and it actually looks non-toxic!"
Braggin... :chin:

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on March 21, 2016, 05:30:07 AM

If you'd seen some of my failures, you'd understand why I want to brag when things go right.  [imagine smiley of a stove on fire]
Sandy

Crow

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 21, 2016, 11:02:37 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 21, 2016, 05:30:07 AM

If you'd seen some of my failures, you'd understand why I want to brag when things go right.  [imagine smiley of a stove on fire]

But how can you not cook with relative decent  consistency? You must have been cooking from the age of leaving home at least and potentially prior to that. That is a good chunk of adult life cooking most days. It boggles my mind that most of my friends don't know how to cook properly and still get overwhelmed at how to make things more efficiently and to a far better standard.
Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Crow on March 21, 2016, 12:05:07 PM

But how can you not cook with relative decent  consistency? You must have been cooking from the age of leaving home at least and potentially prior to that. That is a good chunk of adult life cooking most days. It boggles my mind that most of my friends don't know how to cook properly and still get overwhelmed at how to make things more efficiently and to a far better standard.

It's like nearly anything else -- most people will become adequate at it, some will become great at it and some will always suck at it no matter what.  Having written that, let me clarify that I'm not too bad at baking but after nearly 50 yrs of cooking I'm still pretty much at a loss.  It doesn't matter whether I'm trying to wing it or following a recipe to the letter, things rarely turn out right. 
Sandy

Velma

Outside of being pretty good with simple slow cooker dishes, I am fairly useless in the kitchen. I can follow a recipe and it generally turns out alright. However, don't ask me to be creative.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Crow

Quote from: Velma on March 22, 2016, 08:31:12 PM
Outside of being pretty good with simple slow cooker dishes, I am fairly useless in the kitchen. I can follow a recipe and it generally turns out alright. However, don't ask me to be creative.

What do you do then for most meals. Do you stick to slow cooker meals, eat out often, heat up ready-meals, or just eat what you call alright?
Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Crow on March 22, 2016, 10:07:09 PM

What do you do then for most meals. Do you stick to slow cooker meals, eat out often, heat up ready-meals, or just eat what you call alright?

Yes, except for the ready-made stuff.  I don't like the way that tastes. 
Sandy

Velma

Quote from: Crow on March 22, 2016, 10:07:09 PM

Here lately, with my husband trying to get over bronchitis and me barely able to walk, we've been relying on frozen dinners, canned soup, and prepackaged salads, with occasional meals out. Neither of us thinks to get anything in the slow cooker early enough in the day to make use of it often.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

I can cook two-minute noodles, does that count? Everything else goes in the microwave.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey