News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 08, 2016, 09:48:36 PM
I've been back in hospital since Wednesday, this time neurological problems,  abnormal ct and lumbar puncture. To say I'm shit scared is an underestimate.

And completely understandable under the circumstances!  Hope they fix you up soon.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Crow

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 08, 2016, 09:48:36 PM
I've been back in hospital since Wednesday, this time neurological problems,  abnormal ct and lumbar puncture. To say I'm shit scared is an underestimate.

How did you spot the symptoms. Was t others are just really clear that there was no way of not noticing?
Retired member.

Biggus Dickus

I hope you are feeling better soon Claire...I'll be hoping for the best possible outcome.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

It's sad to hear you're going through this, Claire:sadcheer:
I wish there was something I could do that would help you feel--not scared.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

OldGit

All fingers and toes crossed, Claire!  May you get better very soon!

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tom62

Quote from: OldGit on January 09, 2016, 10:18:17 AM
All fingers and toes crossed, Claire!  May you get better very soon!
^Hear, hear!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

I feel like being mean right now.
Why would someone who dances like this come up with a song called:
- You Make Me Feel Like Dancing...?

...And what the hell are those things in the background?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on January 10, 2016, 03:27:55 AM

Blow up whale penises. What else?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on January 10, 2016, 05:49:02 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 10, 2016, 03:27:55 AM

Blow up whale penises. What else?
Of course.

Now it makes sense.

Claireliontamer

Well, I have viral (thankfully) meningitis. I say thankfully because bacterial is a lot worse. Noticed iy because of severe headache that came on pretty suddenly. Nothing like a normal headache or migraine at all, plus photophobia, vomiting and muscle stiffness.  Went to the gp who sent me straight to the medical ward at hospital,  I really didn't want to go but now am glad I wasn't so stubborn.  Had all sorts of tests, ct and lumbar puncture showed very high pressure in brain and spinal cord which bizarrely they have been treating with caffeine straight into veins.  Does seem to have worked though, plus lots of fluids too. Feeling much better today, am actually sat up for the first time in days and have walked about 10m with some help.  Still have to have an mri scan to confirm nothing else is going on.

It may or may not be related to the septicaemia before Christmas but either way I'm well and truly sick of the sight of hospitals!

OldGit

I'm so glad you're on the mend, and jealous of your free intravenous coffee. :D

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Wondering what 2016 will bring?

Probably a new camera, a Sony Alpha SLT-A68.

Buddy

That's great news Claire!! Hopefully things continue to improve.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.