Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on January 06, 2016, 12:39:13 AM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 02, 2016, 11:31:39 AM
Why do retired people who have all week to get stuff done bother to go to the post office on a Saturday morning when it's really busy and so make it even busier.  When I'm retired I'm going to post things at 2pm on a Thursday afternoon when the post office is probably dead. 

:argue:  I guess you'll be telling us the times of day we can post on HAF next.

:rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

I'm retired and pretty slow, but I also get annoyed by the behaviour of some old people.  All I can do is to watch myself and do everything I reasonably can not to be in people's way.  It seems to me that too many of my fellow coffin-dodgers don't.

Pasta Chick

I just don't see why one would choose the craziest time possible to head out. I've worked a lot of strange hours in my life that leave me the opportunity to do things like shopping and banking pretty much whenever I want, depending on how I schedule sleep. There has never been any part of me that has thought "hey, I'll hit the bank Saturday morning!" Or "I should hit the grocery store at 5PM when everyone is stopping on their way home from work!" Fuck, I used to regularly shop at a 24/7 joint at 2AM because it's so much easier than fighting crowds.

Insoluble

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 06, 2016, 01:37:02 PM
I just don't see why one would choose the craziest time possible to head out. I've worked a lot of strange hours in my life that leave me the opportunity to do things like shopping and banking pretty much whenever I want, depending on how I schedule sleep. There has never been any part of me that has thought "hey, I'll hit the bank Saturday morning!" Or "I should hit the grocery store at 5PM when everyone is stopping on their way home from work!" Fuck, I used to regularly shop at a 24/7 joint at 2AM because it's so much easier than fighting crowds.

Crow expained all this, no that wasn't a misspelling red squiggle, his words are painful, yet necessary.  The old are selfish or fucked in the head, either way unwilling or unable to change their patterns of behaviour.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Essie Mae on January 06, 2016, 12:39:13 AM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 02, 2016, 11:31:39 AM
Why do retired people who have all week to get stuff done bother to go to the post office on a Saturday morning when it's really busy and so make it even busier.  When I'm retired I'm going to post things at 2pm on a Thursday afternoon when the post office is probably dead. 

:argue:  I guess you'll be telling us the times of day we can post on HAF next.

Yes, that is correct:
M-F you can post from 9am to 11:30am, and then from 1:30pm- 4:30pm, followed by 7pm to 6am.
Saturday 12pm to 12 am, and all day Sunday.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 06, 2016, 01:37:02 PM

Hello Gluten Girl. 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Shitty horrible cold *cough* *hack* *sneeze*
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Crow

Quote from: Insoluble on January 06, 2016, 02:01:47 PM
Crow expained all this, no that wasn't a misspelling red squiggle, his words are painful, yet necessary.  The old are selfish or fucked in the head, either way unwilling or unable to change their patterns of behaviour.

Hahaha that wasn't what I typed at all. People, all people are inherently selfish they do things that suit them even if it means placing them at a disadvantage. The old have experience and routine that creates a foundation that prevents them from doing things differently or trying certain new things and it takes a lot to overcome ideas that have developed over a lifetime.
Retired member.

Asmodean

Could this Insoluble character possibly be The Pudding, The Asmo wondereth..?

He ith... Iseth..? Hmm.  >:( Anyhow, He iseth all-knowingeth, so he knoweth, of course, but that doesnth't stopeth Him from wonderingeth...  :o
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

For a very moderate fee I give correspondence tuition on the use of the ending -th in the conjugation of Old English and Middle English verbs.

Only saying. 8)

Insoluble

Quote from: Asmodean on January 06, 2016, 02:47:42 PM
Could this Insoluble character possibly be The Pudding, The Asmo wondereth..?

He ith... Iseth..? Hmm.  >:( Anyhow, He iseth all-knowingeth, so he knoweth, of course, but that doesnth't stopeth Him from wonderingeth...  :o

She/he is Insoluble.

I see the wedge, I'm not going to kick my toe this time.

Insoluble

Quote from: OldGit on January 06, 2016, 03:34:22 PM
For a very moderate fee I give correspondence tuition on the use of the ending -th in the conjugation of Old English and Middle English verbs.

Only saying. 8)

It's all up for grabs,
I thought you said.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2016, 02:15:21 PM
Just keep your germs over there.

(No, really, please take care of yourself and get better soon.)
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on January 06, 2016, 07:06:26 PM

Feeling better now thanks. How's your knee doing?

Asmodean

Quote from: OldGit on January 06, 2016, 03:34:22 PM

Only saying. 8)

He knoweth that He usest it wronglieth. :-P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2016, 07:20:36 PM
Quote from: Velma on January 06, 2016, 07:06:26 PM

Feeling better now thanks. How's your knee doing?
Slowly getting better. Physical therapy still hurts a great deal. Getting showered and dressed is still an adventure most days. I do not recommend hurting your knee in this fashion.

I see the doctor again today. Hopefully I will no longer have to use the wheelchair at work and be allowed to drive again.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan