News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

Heading back up north after two packed days in London town. Disappointed that scamp's highlight wasn't the natural history museum but the seven floors of hell which is Hamleys toy shop.

Tank

Quote from: Claireliontamer on October 28, 2015, 08:16:24 PM
Heading back up north after two packed days in London town. Disappointed that scamp's highlight wasn't the natural history museum but the seven floors of hell which is Hamleys toy shop.
How old is she? Plenty of time to grow up.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Claireliontamer on October 28, 2015, 08:16:24 PM
That brings back the memories. Does it still have the steam train running around the top of each floor? We used to go there every autumn half term having first seen Santa in Selfriges (a hell of a queue) when the kids were very young. Then we'd have lunch in McD's or somewhere equally exotic which was the biggest treat ever after all that nutritious home-made food and then go to Oxford Street to see the lights, which went on earlier at that time. They did love the museums too when they were a bit older. They were inspired, not by the leaflets of the dinosaur skeletons, but by watching the film: 'One of our Dinosaurs is Missing'. Then we couldn't keep them away.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Claireliontamer

Didn't notice the steam train but to be honest the whole place was so busy I was more concerned with not losing a very excited 6-year old as she zoomed between My Little Pony, Barbie and Frozen plasticness.......

We were lucky that we stayed really close to the NHM so managed to get in right as it opened in the morning, meaning we could actually get round most of it before it got horrendously busy.  The afternoon before we walked past but the queues to just get in were incredible.  She was fairly excited about the place as she's seen the Paddington Movie in which the museum features, but Hamley's still won!

OldGit

She would be a strange child if it hadn't. ;)

Magdalena

Asmodean Prime, father of all Asmos is on my mind. Maybe He just created a galaxy. He just destroyed a galaxy. Maybe He's tired. The creation of galaxies is a tedious process, it requires manual labor--He could be bored. Maybe He resurrected something, or someone, somewhere and now He's cold, hungry, lumpy and grumpy. Maybe The Grumpy's minions, Sleepy, Dopey, Bashful, Doc, and Sneezy kicked Happy out of His realm. Maybe Happy was an insolent fool who just smiled too much. :headshake:
Maybe we displeased Him, so He left us in this forgotten and forsaken realm.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

For Asmo:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Every now and then I get the same message I used to get right before THE GREAT HAF CRASH OF 2015.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

It makes me feel like this:  :(

What's going on? Do I start swimming back to the HAF Lifeboat--like, right now?  :-\

I even made an offering to The Asmo, yesterday!  >:(
What have you guys done for Him, lately? Hmm?  >:(

edit: Forgot to add the word, "crash."  :drink:

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on October 30, 2015, 09:14:10 PM

Um, I thought about him very briefly earlier today.  It must have worked, HAF is back!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 30, 2015, 09:14:10 PM

I have been lax in my duties. I must make up for my negligence....here is an offering of a hundred clay asmominions for His Prime Greyness. I'm afraid all they can offer is their collective grumpiness, though.

*think grumpy thoughts*

:asmo: :asmo: :asmo: :asmo: :asmo: :asmo: :asmo: :asmo: :asmo: :asmo:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Today marks my fourth year in HAF.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Quote from: BuddyToday marks my fourth year in HAF.  ;D

Clearly the most important years of your life. :)

Velma

Back to work tomorrow - two weeks after injuring my knee. Pretty confident about getting around in the wheelchair, except for doors. I'm sure someone will help me since I am apparently exceedingly well-liked at work.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on November 01, 2015, 11:43:08 PM
Back to work tomorrow - two weeks after injuring my knee. Pretty confident about getting around in the wheelchair, except for doors. I'm sure someone will help me since I am apparently exceedingly well-liked at work.

Of course you are!  Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case what the hell is wrong with them?  Congrats on getting the upper hand with the wheel chair. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany