News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Velma on October 27, 2015, 05:33:33 PM
MRI went well. The tech said the images were very good. He also said that if he were me, he wouldn't put any weight on my injured leg unless absolutely necessary. That does not bode well.
:therethere:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Just spoke to the nurse at work. The orthopedist seems to have cleared me to return for work after seeing me Monday, before seeing the MRI results. Apparently, after talking to all the appropriate people, the nurse ordered a wheelchair for me and says I should be able to return to work tomorrow. This should be interesting.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on October 27, 2015, 07:25:52 PM
Just spoke to the nurse at work. The orthopedist seems to have cleared me to return for work after seeing me Monday, before seeing the MRI results. Apparently, after talking to all the appropriate people, the nurse ordered a wheelchair for me and says I should be able to return to work tomorrow. This should be interesting.

Have you used a wheelchair before?  I understand those gizmos can take some getting used to.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

When my mother broke her leg earlier this year she was lent a wheelchair and loved it. She said it gave her freedom to get around.  It might not be so bad...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 27, 2015, 09:51:11 PM
When my mother broke her leg earlier this year she was lent a wheelchair and loved it. She said it gave her freedom to get around.  It might not be so bad...

It does make for a great excuse for wheelchair races.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 27, 2015, 10:48:29 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 27, 2015, 09:51:11 PM

It does make for a great excuse for wheelchair races.

;D It does!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

No, I've not used one before. I'm really not looking forward to it since my first real use of one will be at work.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on October 28, 2015, 01:18:56 AM
No, I've not used one before. I'm really not looking forward to it since my first real use of one will be at work.

Take padding for edges of things, from what I've heard that's the biggest problem people have up front -- banging into furniture and doorways until you get used to maneuvering it.  Is it electric or manual?
Sandy

Tank

Consider this as one of those life experiences that could well be a lot of fun  ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Velma

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 28, 2015, 05:08:58 AM

Take padding for edges of things, from what I've heard that's the biggest problem people have up front -- banging into furniture and doorways until you get used to maneuvering it.  Is it electric or manual?
It is going to be a manual one. I can't really go around slapping padding on things at work. I'll just have to be extra careful.

Quote from: Tank on October 28, 2015, 06:50:27 AM
Consider this as one of those life experiences that could well be a lot of fun  ;D
It could wind up being fun.

I still can't drive, so my husband is going to have to play chauffeur. He has been taking the most excellent care of me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on October 28, 2015, 01:42:02 PM
It is going to be a manual one. I can't really go around slapping padding on things at work. I'll just have to be extra careful.

Or slap padding on you, that would probably work just as well.

I still can't drive, so my husband is going to have to play chauffeur. He has been taking the most excellent care of me.

It's nice to have a good man.
Sandy

Velma

Won't really have time to slap padding on the chair today. It is supposed to be delivered this morning before we leave for my doctor's appointment. If it hasn't been, I will be making a lot of phone calls since the plan (right now) is for me to head to work right after leaving the doctor's office. If I don't have the wheelchair before we leave, I won't be able to head straight to work.

Of course, the orthopedist could change his mind, which would also entail a bunch of phone calls to various folks at work.

Buddy

At the dentist with the laughing gas mask on my face now. This shot is awesome. My legs are tingly.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

Have been to see the doctor and arrived back home. Still no wheelchair. However, I did have a chance to talk to the nurse at work and now have the rest of my work week off (today and tomorrow) so I will have time to learn how to operate the thing. I don't think that work is the best place for me to be learning how to drive a wheelchair.

In other news, I actually did break something. The MRI showed I'd managed to knock a bit off the back my medial condyle. It doesn't need surgery, but it will take at least 12 weeks to heal. I go back to see the doctor in three weeks, so I'll be in the wheelchair at work for at least that long.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 28, 2015, 04:29:22 PM
At the dentist with the laughing gas mask on my face now. This shot is awesome. My legs are tingly.
Which tooth was it?