News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Cool dream. A rideable, talkative, rented guinea pig is a wonderful image!

By the way, I noticed that I'd incorrectly entered the code for the smiley you used, and fixed that, so the old code isn't working anymore. Now the software is just producing the old code in your post (???) instead of the smiley: :???:

Sorry about that.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on October 26, 2015, 01:22:54 AM

By the way, I noticed that I'd incorrectly entered the code for the smiley you used, and fixed that, so the old code isn't working anymore. Now the software is just producing the old code in your post (???) instead of the smiley: :???:

Sorry about that.

I love rodents, and guinea pigs are particularly adorable. I would like to have one a few as pets.

:???: I didn't even notice that the smiley wasn't working, I edited my post. Thanks for mentioning it. :) 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 26, 2015, 01:31:21 AM

Sorry about that.

I love rodents, and guinea pigs are particularly adorable. I would like to have one a few as pets.

:???: I didn't even notice that the smiley wasn't working, I edited my post. Thanks for mentioning it. :)

You're right; it's good to have at least two or three--they're social animals, and it's better for their mental/emotional health. (Yes, even guinea pigs have minds, of a sort.)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on October 26, 2015, 01:37:53 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 26, 2015, 01:31:21 AM

Sorry about that.

You're right; it's good to have at least two or three--they're social animals, and it's better for their mental/emotional health. (Yes, even guinea pigs have minds, of a sort.)

Yeah, I was thinking something more along the lines of 14 squealing furballs. That's not something that'll be happening in the near future though.  :(

Have you had pet rodents?

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 26, 2015, 01:50:32 AMYeah, I was thinking something more along the lines of 14 squealing furballs. That's not something that'll be happening in the near future though.  :(

Only when I was a youngster--we had some guinea pigs, in fact.
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on October 26, 2015, 02:01:58 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 26, 2015, 01:50:32 AMYeah, I was thinking something more along the lines of 14 squealing furballs. That's not something that'll be happening in the near future though.  :(

I'd bet they make good pets, and I'm assuming they're generally low maintenance.

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 26, 2015, 02:11:16 AM

I'd bet they make good pets, and I'm assuming they're generally low maintenance.

As rodents go, they're better than some, and yes, low maintenance generally. They can be rather vocal though, as your video shows.  ;D
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on October 26, 2015, 02:16:56 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 26, 2015, 02:11:16 AM

As rodents go, they're better than some, and yes, low maintenance generally. They can be rather vocal though, as your video shows.  ;D

Yes, that and their stubby legs just adds to the cuteness factor.  ;D

Ok, guinea pigs are now officially number two on my "pets I want to have" list. Number one will always be dogs, because I just love 'em.  ;D

Buddy

I actually had to use Fox News as a source for a speech I am writing to support Planned Parenthood. Stupidly, I decided to scroll through the comments section. Pretty sure I lost a few brain cells.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 27, 2015, 12:50:41 AM
I actually had to use Fox News as a source for a speech I am writing to support Planned Parenthood. Stupidly, I decided to scroll through the comments section. Pretty sure I lost a few brain cells.

:twitch: Take it from me, don't ever venture to the Faux News cesspool that is the comments section if you'd rather have faith in humanity.

I'm surprised Fox News could be used as a source for anything serious, it's like saying that using the Onion is a valid and legitimate news source. The only difference to me it seems between the Onion and Fox News is that the latter doesn't know it's a joke.     

Buddy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 27, 2015, 01:19:45 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 27, 2015, 12:50:41 AM

:twitch: Take it from me, don't ever venture to the Faux News cesspool that is the comments section if you'd rather have faith in humanity.

I'm surprised Fox News could be used as a source for anything serious, it's like saying that using the Onion is a valid and legitimate news source. The only difference to me it seems between the Onion and Fox News is that the latter doesn't know it's a joke.   

I needed a source for an opposing viewpoint.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

Off this morning to try again to get an MRI. Tried yesterday, but I kept having muscle twitches, which made the images blurry. Plus, the position I was in was causing pain. So, today I'm dosing up good on pain killers and muscle relaxers before I go.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Buddy

I swear the school printers are conspiring against me. 

Velma

MRI went well. The tech said the images were very good. He also said that if he were me, he wouldn't put any weight on my injured leg unless absolutely necessary. That does not bode well.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 27, 2015, 04:14:40 PM
I swear the school printers are conspiring against me.
Don't take it personally. All printers are bastards; to every body!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.