News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Davin-

Begone sir with thy vile and evil gifs, this is no place for such wickedness and depravity you evil spawn of the internet! Take this as a warning, otherwise the Lord Recusant shall come and exile you as he did with our fair maiden, Magdalena of the Butterflies, Fairest of the winged ones, keeper of the tie-dyes.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 15, 2015, 04:22:17 PM
And the drama continues! Today I opened the door to my apartment and sitting on the floor is a stuffed owl with a note on it. The note had a poem that read:

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
My date was perfect
Because it was with you."

What. The. Fuck. I don't even know any more.

Hmmm...best to return the owl, just so he doesn't get his hopes up.

Include a response?

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
You're a nice guy
But I'm just not into you"

Nah, maybe

"Roses are red
And may contain bees
There's plenty of other
Fish in the seas"

Grasping at straws here. But you gotta laugh :)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Buddy

Quote from: Firebird on October 15, 2015, 04:39:29 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 15, 2015, 04:22:17 PM
And the drama continues! Today I opened the door to my apartment and sitting on the floor is a stuffed owl with a note on it. The note had a poem that read:

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
My date was perfect
Because it was with you."

What. The. Fuck. I don't even know any more.

Hmmm...best to return the owl, just so he doesn't get his hopes up.

Include a response?

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
You're a nice guy
But I'm just not into you"

Nah, maybe

"Roses are red
And may contain bees
There's plenty of other
Fish in the seas"

Grasping at straws here. But you gotta laugh :)

Considering that he posted on the university's public forum that I was a bitch who led him on I honestly thought that I wouldn't have to deal with this shit.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Recusant

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 15, 2015, 04:34:44 PM
Davin-

Begone sir with thy vile and evil gifs, this is no place for such wickedness and depravity you evil spawn of the internet! Take this as a warning, otherwise the Lord Recusant shall come and exile you as he did with our fair maiden, Magdalena of the Butterflies, Fairest of the winged ones, keeper of the tie-dyes.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Firebird

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 15, 2015, 04:59:48 PM
Considering that he posted on the university's public forum that I was a bitch who led him on I honestly thought that I wouldn't have to deal with this shit.

Yikes, true. This guy definitely has some issues, might be best to just limit contact as much as possible. Is he getting blowback from the posting, at least?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Davin

Oh fuck. He sounds like an entitled asshole who probably thinks he's the "nice guy." I think that he's going to be a negative influence on your life and the sooner get rid of him the better. I wish I could give you advice, but I'm afraid my advice would just be useless shit.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: Recusant on October 15, 2015, 05:27:28 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 15, 2015, 04:34:44 PM
Davin-

Oh nice!
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Recusant

Quote from: Davin on October 15, 2015, 06:01:54 PM

Oh nice!

Heheh

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Buddy

Quote from: Firebird on October 15, 2015, 05:57:53 PM

Yikes, true. This guy definitely has some issues, might be best to just limit contact as much as possible. Is he getting blowback from the posting, at least?

Lol no. In fact there were an alarming number of people agreeing with him. Because you know, if I don't immediately have sex with him after one coffee date I'm an insufferable bitch. That's why I'm confused and a little afraid because why would he leave a stuffed animal and a poem outside my door if he thinks I'm so terrible? I've been hangout in the library between classes because I'm honestly a little scared go back to my apartment.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 15, 2015, 06:16:51 PM

Lol no. In fact there were an alarming number of people agreeing with him. Because you know, if I don't immediately have sex with him after one coffee date I'm an insufferable bitch. That's why I'm confused and a little afraid because why would he leave a stuffed animal and a poem outside my door if he thinks I'm so terrible? I've been hangout in the library between classes because I'm honestly a little scared go back to my apartment.
You really, really do need to have a chat with your pastoral care people about this. You should never be in a state of fear while you are there. What do your room mates think of this?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Quote from: Recusant on October 15, 2015, 06:04:27 PM

Oh nice!

Heheh

Sorry to say, it seems we still should try to keep GIF-rich conversations in their own threads. This is to make it possible for people with restricted bandwidth to participate in threads. So, a very popular thread like this one shouldn't get too loaded with GIFs. My bad for thinking a spoiler tag would make it all better.  :'(
— H. L. Mencken

Davin

Quote from: Recusant on October 15, 2015, 07:06:30 PM
Quote from: Recusant on October 15, 2015, 06:04:27 PM

Oh nice!

Heheh

Sorry to say, it seems we still should try to keep GIF-rich conversations in their own threads. This is to make it possible for people with restricted bandwidth to participate in threads. So, a very popular thread like this one shouldn't get too loaded with GIFs. My bad for thinking a spoiler tag would make it all better.  :'(
It's too late for all that... I can't stop...

Magdalena

I wasn't gonna come back for two whole days!  >:(
...But now....

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

^^^
Thank Asmo for smart people in this world!  :-*

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on October 15, 2015, 07:02:20 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 15, 2015, 06:16:51 PM

You really, really do need to have a chat with your pastoral care people about this. You should never be in a state of fear while you are there. What do your room mates think of this?

Agreed. This is not an appropriate response from this guy after you turned him down.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.