News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Traveler on October 27, 2012, 08:05:55 PM
I would hitch up my RV and travel again. Either that or fly to Fiji and spend my last days scuba diving in the most georgeous waters I've ever seen.

No don't go to Fiji, come here, bring your friends!
We've been planning a couple of weeks of feasting and carousing but we only have pigs enough for a week.
You don't want to go to Fiji, they use too much salt...

End of the world though, maybe we could use a little more salt, it does make the skin nice and crackly.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 27, 2012, 08:47:34 PM
Quote from: NoHandlebarsAttached on October 27, 2012, 06:22:45 PM
I just watched the movie Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, and it got me thinking: What the hell would I do if the world was about to end in a few weeks?
This is pretty crazy to think about, because I have no idea what I would want to do.

Ending in a few weeks?  Well, I definitely wouldn't wait for my retirement paperwork to go thru before I stopped showing up for work.  After that I'd probably drag a box full of books out to the beach, and sit out there reading and eating sandwiches and drinking tea (have no idea who would make them for me, I'm assuming everyone else has stopped working too) until next to the last minute when I'd go for a swim in the ocean and just not stop.

Wait. I like this idea too. Only substitute the box of books for a box of chocolates.  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

NoHandlebarsAttached

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on October 28, 2012, 01:21:13 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 27, 2012, 08:47:34 PM
I just watched the movie Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, and it got me thinking: What the hell would I do if the world was about to end in a few weeks?
This is pretty crazy to think about, because I have no idea what I would want to do.

Ending in a few weeks?  Well, I definitely wouldn't wait for my retirement paperwork to go thru before I stopped showing up for work.  After that I'd probably drag a box full of books out to the beach, and sit out there reading and eating sandwiches and drinking tea (have no idea who would make them for me, I'm assuming everyone else has stopped working too) until next to the last minute when I'd go for a swim in the ocean and just not stop.

Wait. I like this idea too. Only substitute the box of books for a box of chocolates.  ;D
Perfect.

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Claireliontamer

I like the plan to live in the moment, so you do everything you want to do now instead of waiting for someone to tell you that you've only got weeks to live. 

Crow

I only just realised that the clocks went back today. I don't own any clocks that do not automatically update, it is kind of pointless changing everything I would have been none the wiser if somebody hadn't of told me and it wouldn't have mattered.
Retired member.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on November 10, 2012, 01:59:36 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 10, 2012, 01:35:43 AM
I doubt it. Petraeus has been tagged as a potential Republican candidate for the Presidency. If it weren't for this, I would say he's one of the few Republicans who could actually have a realistic chance of winning, but now it's doubtful he could survive the primaries.

Maybe he wanted to get caught ;D Thank about it, you are sick of your wife and have been cheating on her but not got the guts to finish it. You are a career person that has been moving up the ladder, the next thing you realise you are in a position that you may not actually want or of the highest importance, every detail of your life is going to be scrutinised and the lies always show up. What is best, let it come out now and go work for a private firm which pays more or something such as Interpol, or climb to the top and let it come out where you will be thrown to the bottom and ripped apart by the masses whilst your name goes down in history for reasons you don't want to be known for?

I think Crow could be right in that the same thought crossed my mind to.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Pasta Chick

Wouldn't it be nothin', regardless of pronunciation?  I'm not one of the literary buffs around here, but it seems "nuff" would indicate "enough" rather than "nothing."  "Enoughing much" makes no sense. 

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 02, 2014, 11:44:14 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on February 02, 2014, 09:03:21 PM
I don't pay much attention to celebrities outside of their roles and haven't seen may movies of his. A good actor but not someone I'd go out of my way to watch.

I did, he was one of my favorites.  Sorry to see him go, esp. like that.
Well as an accident it's tragic. But he died painlessly in a state of bliss. There are worse ways to go.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Essie Mae

Well I've only just found out and am very sorry to hear it. I thought him a superb actor: actors are some of the people who make the difference between just existing and living. I don't really follow their private lives.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dobermonster

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 19, 2014, 04:39:41 PM
Quote from: OldGit on October 18, 2014, 10:07:53 AM
Quote from: BC...BF is sick and has requested I make sure there is whisky and leamon in the house tonight

Ha!  Your BF is indeed wise to seek out this ancient folk-remedy. ;)

He looked it up and managed to find proof that it does help.  Mostly in that a small amount of alcohol kills cold virus hanging out in your throat, and you sleep really well for several hours.  

Just don't do what I did (as an experiment) and gargle vodka for a sore throat. Alcohol on inflamed tissue . . . ouchie.

Asmodean

He most certainly is NOT a tree decoration!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Broadcasting random thought:  There is an insect walking on my monitor right now. I don't want to squish it because I don't want smeared bug all over my screen. :-\

I have options though.

[/totallyrandom]
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

The Asmo keeps a can of aerosol poison on His desk for just such eventualities.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.