News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on August 08, 2012, 07:54:15 PM
Quote from: Ali on August 08, 2012, 07:53:01 PM
He does too.  He's got a little girl friend named Delilah.  Apparently they like to dance together.  :D

Watch she doesn't cut his hair.  ;)

Don't think with all the smoochy kiddy talk that you're getting away with that. :-(
Such blatant opportunism, I demand a stewards inquiry.  There had to be collusion between you two to set up such a  travesty.

Asmodean

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 09, 2012, 01:56:40 AM
4 or not, i'd be pretty steamed if a little boy kissed my niece on the lips. innocent behavior-- i dont care. i would tell him why it isnt right.
Uh... Would you mind telling me why it isn't right as well? Kinda' interested...

I like my personal space uninvaded too, but in case of the opposite, I get no more than mildly displeased. Close friends, however, may hug and kiss me all they want. Why should it be any different at four? At least the risk of getting some bug from the kisser is lower.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Asmodean on August 09, 2012, 01:07:02 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 09, 2012, 01:56:40 AM
4 or not, i'd be pretty steamed if a little boy kissed my niece on the lips. innocent behavior-- i dont care. i would tell him why it isnt right.
Uh... Would you mind telling me why it isn't right as well? Kinda' interested...

I like my personal space uninvaded too, but in case of the opposite, I get no more than mildly displeased. Close friends, however, may hug and kiss me all they want.

You let people... hug and kiss you?
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on August 09, 2012, 03:32:22 AM
He does too.  He's got a little girl friend named Delilah.  Apparently they like to dance together.  :D

Don't think with all the smoochy kiddy talk that you're getting away with that. :-(
Such blatant opportunism, I demand a stewards inquiry.  There had to be collusion between you two to set up such a  travesty.

I did do his hair yesterday morning....probably gave him the confidence to angle for a smooch....

Haha DJ, kinda hard to imagine the Grey One sitting still for hugs and kisses, isn't it?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on August 09, 2012, 02:17:01 PM

I did do his hair yesterday morning....probably gave him the confidence to angle for a smooch....

Haha DJ, kinda hard to imagine the Grey One sitting still for hugs and kisses, isn't it?

I don't know if it was obvious but I was referring to AD's biblical humour, the Delilah cutting hair reference.

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on August 09, 2012, 01:58:38 PM
You let people... hug and kiss you?
Those who may generally know better, but yes.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on August 09, 2012, 02:27:10 PM
Quote from: Ali on August 09, 2012, 02:17:01 PM

I don't know if it was obvious but I was referring to AD's biblical humour, the Delilah cutting hair reference.

Oh, no, I thought it was T and I colluding in that scenario....so wait....was it AD and Delilah?  Like, she lured him in for a kiss to steal his strength?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on August 09, 2012, 02:31:14 PM
Oh, no, I thought it was T and I colluding in that scenario....so wait....was it AD and Delilah?  Like, she lured him in for a kiss to steal his strength?

Sorry I'll try to sort out the confusion I've caused.

AD made what I thought was a funny remark.  In the context of talk of hair styles/cuts and young love a "Delilah" is mentioned.  AD cleverly (I thought) says "Watch she doesn't cut his hair"

AD seemed to be handed an ideal opportunity to present his biblical joke.  That's why in jest I mentioned collusion, it seemed such a gift.

Ali

Got it!  Sorry, the "humor" and "getting stuff" section of my brain seems to be working at about 85% these days.   :D

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on August 09, 2012, 02:43:26 PM
Quote from: Ali on August 09, 2012, 02:31:14 PM

Sorry I'll try to sort out the confusion I've caused.

AD made what I thought was a funny remark.  In the context of talk of hair styles/cuts and young love a "Delilah" is mentioned.  AD cleverly (I thought) says "Watch she doesn't cut his hair"

AD seemed to be handed an ideal opportunity to present his biblical joke.  That's why in jest I mentioned collusion, it seemed such a gift.

I could not resist.  It seemed providential.  ;)

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on August 09, 2012, 02:51:27 PM
Got it!  Sorry, the "humor" and "getting stuff" section of my brain seems to be working at about 85% these days.   :D

85%?  :o 85?!?  :o

Damn, that's good. I'm at about 60 right now.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Siz

Off to a Burlesque club tonight. For... er... research...
My wife offered to polish my wedding ring so it sparkles conspicuously. I told her not to bother 'coz I won't be wearing it  :D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Crow

Quote from: Scissorlegs on August 09, 2012, 05:59:32 PM
Off to a Burlesque club tonight. For... er... research...
My wife offered to polish my wedding ring so it sparkles conspicuously. I told her not to bother 'coz I won't be wearing it  :D

lol
Retired member.

Asmodean

Quote from: Amicale on August 09, 2012, 05:39:02 PM

10... I think. And that's not too bad for The Gray One.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on August 09, 2012, 08:19:53 PM
Quote from: Amicale on August 09, 2012, 05:39:02 PM

10... I think. And that's not too bad for The Gray One.

I'm not even getting what you guys are talking about. ??? Total clueless here. I would say about 100%...  ::) [/pondering]
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey