News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Ali on August 09, 2012, 12:25:33 AM
Quote from: Tank on August 09, 2012, 12:23:34 AM
Quote from: Ali on August 09, 2012, 12:20:33 AM
Speaking of T and his girlfriend, he just came home and told me that he kissed her on the lips!   :o  They're only 4, I didn't think kissing started until middle school.
In the UK T would be excluded from school and sent to a psychiatrist, no joke.

What?!?  Why?!? 
He kissed a girl, he is, by definition, a sex pest. The UK has taken political correctness to levels that are frankly insane.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on August 09, 2012, 12:27:04 AM
Speaking of T and his girlfriend, he just came home and told me that he kissed her on the lips!   :o  They're only 4, I didn't think kissing started until middle school.

What?!?  Why?!? 
He kissed a girl, he is, by definition, a sex pest. The UK has taken political correctness to levels that are frankly insane.

That is insane!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on August 09, 2012, 12:26:59 AM

WHAT!? :o
There was a case recently of a boy at a play school (pre 5yo) kissing a girl and being excluded because the mother of the girl complained and threatened to remove her daughter from the play school.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on August 09, 2012, 12:29:11 AM
Quote from: Tank on August 09, 2012, 12:27:04 AM

What?!?  Why?!? 

That is insane!
Yep.

Ali

A sex pest?!?  He's 4!!!!   He doesn't know anything about sex, he just likes a little girl and kissed her.  Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks that's perfectly normal?  I remember having a little boyfriend when I was like 4 or 5 and we sometimes smooched, but it was all totally innocent.  I remember my brother doing the same with a neighbor girl.  Seriously, sex pest?!?

Tank

Quote from: Ali on August 09, 2012, 12:31:20 AM
A sex pest?!?  He's 4!!!!   He doesn't know anything about sex, he just likes a little girl and kissed her.  Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks that's perfectly normal?  I remember having a little boyfriend when I was like 4 or 5 and we sometimes smooched, but it was all totally innocent.  I remember my brother doing the same with a neighbor girl.  Seriously, sex pest?!?
Apparently the little girl cried.

Ali

Quote from: Tank on August 09, 2012, 12:30:10 AM

There was a case recently of a boy at a play school (pre 5yo) kissing a girl and being excluded because the mother of the girl complained and threatened to remove her daughter from the play school.

OMA, seriously?!? I mean, the school is quite right to tell the little boy that he can't kiss her any more, but throwing him out?  Harsh!

Tank

Quote from: Ali on August 09, 2012, 12:33:53 AM
Quote from: Tank on August 09, 2012, 12:30:10 AM

OMA, seriously?!? I mean, the school is quite right to tell the little boy that he can't kiss her any more, but throwing him out?  Harsh!
Seriously.

Asmodean

Quote from: Amicale on August 08, 2012, 07:56:16 PM
LOL! That's adorable.  ;D
Give it a decade - then it will be nothing but trouble, STDs and waiting around GYN-clinics  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Retired member.

Sweetdeath

4 or not, i'd be pretty steamed if a little boy kissed my niece on the lips. innocent behavior-- i dont care. i would tell him why it isnt right.

throwing him out was harsh though.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 09, 2012, 01:56:40 AM

4 or not, i'd be pretty steamed if a little boy kissed my niece on the lips. innocent behavior-- i dont care. i would tell him why it isnt right.

throwing him out was harsh though.

Really?  I guess maybe it's a cultural thing because kissing (even on the lips) is no big deal to me.  I'm from a Hispanic family; we kiss and hug everybody. 

I told T that he wasn't allowed to kiss little girls on the lips any more, but I don't get being "pretty steamed." 

Amicale

And of course, just because he kissed her on the lips doesn't mean she didn't kiss him back! Maybe she enjoyed it and gave him a big old smooch too.  :D

If a little kid my daughter's age kissed her on the lips, I wouldn't be steamed up about it at all, especially if it was a little friend of hers who she was fond of. I'd only look into stopping the behavior if it was clear the attention was unwelcome, if the child was older than her, etc. But we're talking about innocent little kids exchanging one simple smack on the lips, who probably hold hands and play in sandboxes together. No harm, I say. :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Yes Amicale, exactly. They are very close and have been friends literally all of their lives. Again, they dance together and play together every day. It's really not that big of a deal.  Just an innocent little smooch.  I asked T what Delilah did, and he said she laughed.  I don't think anyone was hurt or upset or anything like that.  :)

Buddy

While I wouldn't be angry at either child, I'm not sure how comfortable I would be if my four-year-old was kissed at daycare. Of course kids will be kids and kissing is a part of growing up. I guess I would talk to my kid but I wouldn't make a big deal of it.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.