News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: OldGit on August 05, 2012, 11:28:51 AM
Is there a balcony to your left?  Because the bread has landed front right, as if thrown from the left.  And what about above?

There is a balcony to our left, but my bike is also on our balcony and I'm pretty sure it would have blocked these throws. The place above us seems the most likely. I'm sort of tempted to go upstairs and leave a trail of breadcrumbs in their hallway.  :D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

OldGit

Go out and hire an industrial pop-up toaster, and buy several dozen date-expired loaves.  ;)

Sweetdeath

Quote from: OldGit on August 05, 2012, 04:49:21 PM
Go out and hire an industrial pop-up toaster, and buy several dozen date-expired loaves.  ;)

Yum
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

Just thinking about pepsi triggers a Pavlovian response. ::)

At first it was the sound of opening a can or bottle that would really catch my attention and make my mouth water, now it's just the thought. Pepsi.

Maybe the colour of a transparent glass of pepsi against the light...yep it's enough too. I really want pepsi but I feel rather disinclined to change and go and buy some. The best of all worlds right now would be to stay in my jammies and have someone go and get some for me.

I think I might like pepsi a bit too much.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

DeterminedJuliet

I want a pepsi :(
For me, I think it's mostly the carbonated goodness. Sometimes, when I have a craving, I just buy soda water and it does a pretty good job of rerouting my pepsi desires.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

I want to find people who grow up in the 80's and played 90's videogames on the NES, SNES, Genesis and ps1. I still own these systems and would love to make a friend in NYC to discuss this with.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Crow

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 05, 2012, 11:44:29 PM
I want to find people who grow up in the 80's and played 90's videogames on the NES, SNES, Genesis and ps1. I still own these systems and would love to make a friend in NYC to discuss this with.

Shouldn't that be anyone around the ages of 24 to 30?
Retired member.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Crow on August 06, 2012, 12:09:55 AM

Most people get into gaming in their 20's cuz of xbox.  , i dunno.

I'm 26. i want old school gamer friends.

Crow

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 06, 2012, 12:10:46 AM

Awww really, its rare to meet somebody that didn't grow up with at least one of those consoles you mentioned, though females are far less often. You played Cave Story?
Retired member.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 06, 2012, 12:10:46 AM
Quote from: Crow on August 06, 2012, 12:09:55 AM

Most people get into gaming in their 20's cuz of xbox.  , i dunno.

Whhaaattt? I'm 27 and everyone I know plays/played games on those consoles.
I do have a lot of geeky friends, though. 

Buddy

Has anyone ever seen those Windex commercials where the birds watch people walk into sliding glass doors? I just had that moment. Not my brightest move.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

I'm 26 and had a NES ;D I actually miss the old thing, though I was always more into PC games, even the oldies such as the Doom I and II.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on August 06, 2012, 04:25:06 AM
Has anyone ever seen those Windex commercials where the birds watch people walk into sliding glass doors? I just had that moment. Not my brightest move.  :D

Ack!  :D

Well, was a big bright bird laughing hysterically at you?  ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Quote from: Amicale on August 06, 2012, 04:41:43 AM

No but everybody in the room was. Even me, it was funny.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on August 06, 2012, 04:42:30 AM
Quote from: Amicale on August 06, 2012, 04:41:43 AM

No but everybody in the room was. Even me, it was funny.

LOL, I've had those moments before. Although my favourite moment wasn't me doing it, but my cat. I'd just washed/cleaned the windows so the curtains were back and just the window was exposed... and a fly came zooming across the room, with my cat in hot pursuit. It flew directly up the window, and she went BONK, right into it. Shook her head, looked around like 'what the....?'  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan