News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Recusant on August 04, 2012, 02:07:47 AM
I hope things work out well for you and yours, Buddy! Sorry to hear about you being suddenly uprooted, but I seem to recall that that house wasn't a very nice place, anyway. I'm looking forward to hearing that you have a better place to live, once you've left the house of the nice old right-wingers.  ;)

Thanks. :) I don't think it will be too hard for me to bite my tongue. 
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

Was at a Barnes & Noble bookstore today.  Due to an arthritis flare, I couldn't reach a book on the bottom shelf.  I asked a nearby clerk for help expecting a condescending look and a sigh since arthritis is pretty invisible until it distorts your joints.  I was surprised when he polite and pleasant about it.  I thanked him more than once and made sure to tell the clerk at the check out counter about it so he could pass it along to the manager. 
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sweetdeath

Working almost 10 days straight. boo.
hope the paycheck is worth it. >:(
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on August 04, 2012, 02:11:50 AM

No need for that, have a chocolate grasshopper.

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 04, 2012, 04:15:26 AM

That's no good, have a chocolate grasshopper.

Here's an extra chocolate grasshopper, just in case anyone else is in need of the solace only chocolate covered insects provide.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on August 04, 2012, 04:53:01 AM

Here's an extra chocolate grasshopper, just in case anyone else is in need of the solace only chocolate covered insects provide.

Mm, i'd try that. only if in dark chocolate  ;D

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on August 04, 2012, 04:53:01 AM

It'll be my most cherished possession.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Looks nice, but there seems to be a big grasshopper in the chocolate. Flies in soup and grasshoppers in chocoloate...no good.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

Good luck, Buddy.  Sit back and think of horses.  ;)

SD, I hope your pay is worth it, too.  How come you draw 10 days straight?

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on August 03, 2012, 11:44:39 PM
I'm going to have a very hard time maintaining my sanity for a few weeks. We have to move out of our current house tomorrow. Unfortunately for us, we don't have any living arrangements set up due to the suddenness of our eviction. Luckily mom knows an elderly couple who said we can stay with them until our new house is ready. The downfall? They are your stereotypical right-wing Fox watching conservatives. They are nice, but their views are way to religious for my comfort. I want to stay with my brother but he just started a new job and his school starts up again.
Oh dear! Good luck!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

People in my house waking me up early by slamming the door. Really piss me off.

I don't get why consideration is such a foreign thing to most people. >:(

The Magic Pudding

My girls have been ill for,,, a week I suppose, (just a winter lurgy) seems longer.
I haven't been ill this winter, I don't want to be, keeping my distance.  It isn't easy though, they are rather huggable.

My UK English firefox spell check has some serious shortcomings, huggable is as near to a universally accepted word as can be.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 04, 2012, 01:26:28 PM

When we were living in the mad-house in Newfoundland last month, the other toddler that was living with us got up at 6am on his last morning, ran around, then started loudly playing the tin whistle. And his parents let him. I think my exact words were "REALLY?! Are you KIDDING ME?!"

Consideration can be a very rare commodity.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Quote from: Velma on August 04, 2012, 03:52:50 AM
Was at a Barnes & Noble bookstore today.  Due to an arthritis flare, I couldn't reach a book on the bottom shelf.  I asked a nearby clerk for help expecting a condescending look and a sigh since arthritis is pretty invisible until it distorts your joints.  I was surprised when he polite and pleasant about it.  I thanked him more than once and made sure to tell the clerk at the check out counter about it so he could pass it along to the manager. 

:) Velma, I'm glad you've discovered that some people who work in customer service genuinely like helping other people. It's sad that you'd feel like you had to automatically expect a look and a sigh. I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised. I've spent some of my teen and all of my adult life so far working with the public in various roles. No matter what you're doing, it REALLY helps to genuinely like other people, and to want to help them. I always get ticked off when I see customer service reps behaving disgustingly at work. If you're so burnt out or such a tough guy that you can't help someone who needs it, then quit your job and give it to someone else who needs a job badly.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on August 04, 2012, 01:41:34 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 04, 2012, 01:26:28 PM

When we were living in the mad-house in Newfoundland last month, the other toddler that was living with us got up at 6am on his last morning, ran around, then started loudly playing the tin whistle. And his parents let him. I think my exact words were "REALLY?! Are you KIDDING ME?!"

Consideration can be a very rare commodity.

Wow, that's wtf. So rude.

Asmodean

...And if the kid accidentally fell out of the attic window... Well, accidents do happen.  ;)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.