News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Tank, so glad to hear that your son is fine!

MP - Yes, Lego would be far preferable. 

OldGit

Yes, this shooting is appalling, and I'm feeling for you American folks on that.  Time will tell what really happened, then maybe I'll feel able to comment further.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 20, 2012, 03:08:29 PM
Quote from: Ali on July 20, 2012, 02:13:15 PM
12 killed and over 50 injured at a local theater during the midnight showing of the new Batman movie.  Some psycho just opened fire in there.  :'( Aurora is a suburb of Denver.
My son chooses this week of all weeks to go to Denver! He's fine.
oh man, glad to hear that!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Amicale on July 20, 2012, 03:06:34 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 20, 2012, 03:01:53 PM
The next person has troubled themselves over how too make the HAF steak knife look like century sunk Titanic stuff.

Definitely not  :D if I were designing the silverware, everyone would get a cat, a smiley face, or an 'asmo fan club' logo and call it a day! (I'd be happy to get one myself, LOL)

A cat it is then.

Crow

Yes! Finally got some good weather, its off to Leeds for me.
Retired member.

The Magic Pudding

Tank

Quote from: Crow on July 21, 2012, 11:07:13 AM
Yes! Finally got some good weather, its off to Leeds for me.
We'll have to have a pint one day!
At The Ship.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 21, 2012, 10:14:16 AM
Quote from: Amicale on July 20, 2012, 03:06:34 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 20, 2012, 03:01:53 PM
The next person has troubled themselves over how too make the HAF steak knife look like century sunk Titanic stuff.

Definitely not  :D if I were designing the silverware, everyone would get a cat, a smiley face, or an 'asmo fan club' logo and call it a day! (I'd be happy to get one myself, LOL)

A cat it is then.

Thank you! Very cute!  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Cute knives, MP.   :)

I'm feeling really emotional today.  I can't stop thinking about my ex's sister, and her boyfriend.  I know it's not about me in anyway, but one thing that is messing with my head is that they probably wouldn't have been here without me.  My ex moved here from OH when we were in our late teens to be with me.  After we broke up, he had built a life here, so he stayed.  I'm sure Sister and her boyfriend chose to move to Denver because Ex (her brother) was here.  Hence, like 12 years after the fact, some poor kid I've never met was in the wrong place at the wrong time when a crazy person shot up a theater.  I know it's not about me, but man the tiny strand in the web of events that I planted still makes me feel weird and sad.

Also, I'm hormonal, and that doesn't help.  I just found out this morning, I'm having a baby. 

The Black Jester

Quote from: Ali on July 21, 2012, 04:00:57 PM

I'm feeling really emotional today.  I can't stop thinking about my ex's sister, and her boyfriend.  I know it's not about me in anyway, but one thing that is messing with my head is that they probably wouldn't have been here without me.  My ex moved here from OH when we were in our late teens to be with me.  After we broke up, he had built a life here, so he stayed.  I'm sure Sister and her boyfriend chose to move to Denver because Ex (her brother) was here.  Hence, like 12 years after the fact, some poor kid I've never met was in the wrong place at the wrong time when a crazy person shot up a theater.  I know it's not about me, but man the tiny strand in the web of events that I planted still makes me feel weird and sad.

Also, I'm hormonal, and that doesn't help.  I just found out this morning, I'm having a baby

OMG, Ali congratulations!!!
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Ali

:)  Thank you!  We're very excited.  :)

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on July 21, 2012, 04:07:24 PM
:)  Thank you!  We're very excited.  :)

ALI!! Yay! *hugs* Congratulations! You must be VERY excited! When T finds out, he'll be excited, too!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

I know it's not about me, but man the tiny strand in the web of events that I planted still makes me feel weird and sad.

Also, I'm hormonal, and that doesn't help.  I just found out this morning, I'm having a baby. 

Ye but the strand didn't start with you, it's all Asmo's fault.

If I was in the business of giving the unborn directions I'd tell 'em to try to get themselves realised with Ali, she's so incredibly fun, if you discount the too tall obsession.   ;D

Tank

Pattern recognition and attribution of cause to effect and visa vera are essentially what make as human. To not make the connection you have made would mean you are not human. You can't can't escape your evolutionary history can you?

Speechlessly happy for you!!!!

This will be the first HAF baby while I have been here. I hope all goes well Ali I really, really do.  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Thanks guys!   ;D  Haha, that's funny about being the first HAF baby.  Step it up people, we have to outbreed those crazy Duggar types!  ;)