News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Wow Buddy, looks bad out there.  Are you safely home now?  I hate driving in hard rain.

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on July 18, 2012, 10:59:51 PM
Wow Buddy, looks bad out there.  Are you safely home now?  I hate driving in hard rain.

Yea. We were right down the road from our house. It is a pretty bad one though.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 18, 2012, 10:57:08 PM
Holy mother of storms!

Holy mother of bad wiper blades, is what it looks like.  ???
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

IT HAILED WHERE YOU ARE?

It thunder stormed in NYC, with like buckets of water. I waited for the bus, soaked from head to toe. it was NOT FUN ;___;
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 19, 2012, 12:23:50 AM
IT HAILED WHERE YOU ARE?

It thunder stormed in NYC, with like buckets of water. I waited for the bus, soaked from head to toe. it was NOT FUN ;___;

I'd love a good storm. Preferably one with loads of thunder, lightning, and a crazy downpour. Anything to clear this hot, humid, heavy air.

We got a little rain the other day, but the city's been under a level 2 drought.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on July 18, 2012, 11:47:56 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 18, 2012, 10:57:08 PM
Holy mother of storms!

Holy mother of bad wiper blades, is what it looks like.  ???

The wiper blades are fine. They were going to fast for my phone to pick up.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 19, 2012, 02:27:45 AM
It looks to me like there is a lot of water on both sides of them... Or is that condensation inside the vehicle?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on July 19, 2012, 03:09:25 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 19, 2012, 02:27:45 AM
It looks to me like there is a lot of water on both sides of them... Or is that condensation inside the vehicle?

I don't know. They probably do need changed. It was raining really hard so the wipers did almost nothing.

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

OldGit

Ha!  Just as they are finally forecasting an end to our three-month downpour, the US is swapping over to storms from heatwave and drought.

Amicale

So, so very tired. Got under 5 hours of sleep for sure, and not all that much sleep the night before last either. I may be able to take a nap this afternoon, though. In fact, I may crash whether or not I have time to. I'll just do a faceplant on the floor, and curl up and that's it. People can step over me.  :P

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Crow

I'm never eating French cheese again.
Retired member.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on July 19, 2012, 01:40:39 PM
Details  :D

The other week I was at a family event and there was brie on the cheese board and it was lovely, creamy, mild with a soft but complex cheese flavor. So I took a trip to my local cheese shop today and asked for some good quality brie, I passed on the cheeses that had nasty looking rinds and went for one that looked more like the one I had tried previously, though it still looked very different. I got home and took a slice, all I can say is I am glad I didn't try the cheese in the shop as I was almost instantly sick.
Retired member.