News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: En_Route on July 14, 2012, 03:22:17 PM

it's more of an insidious combination of honeyed words and death threats.

Ha, the true En_Route would never fail to capitalise the first word of sentence, not unless there was an applicable precedent dating back to the eighth century, probably involving a priest pissed at being corrected by a smart ass novice.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 14, 2012, 01:32:19 PM
I'm becoming convinced that "Blue's Clues" is about an insane man with short-term memory loss having an existential crisis.

Hahaha!!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: En_Route on July 14, 2012, 02:02:25 PM
I'm becoming convinced that "Blue's Clues" is about an insane man with short-term memory loss having an existential crisis.

Sounds like Memento. Ever seen it?

Yes, I like it very much.
Come to think of it, there are a few similarities. Every day Steve wakes up and he has no idea what's going on -- but instead of being told what to do by tattoos and notes, he's given instructions by an imaginary dog.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 14, 2012, 04:32:19 PM

Come to think of it, there are a few similarities. Every day Steve wakes up and he has no idea what's going on -- but instead of being told what to do by tattoos and notes, he's given instructions by an imaginary dog.

I haven't had the pleasure of watching Blue's Clues , so I can't comment. Memento is one of those rare movies I can watch repeatedly.
Have you come across "Following", the movie Christopher Nolan made before Memento,  on a pretty well zero budget,  as an unknown. It is also extremely noir and achronological but very different in it's tone and characterisation.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: En_Route on July 14, 2012, 04:47:49 PM

I haven't had the pleasure of watching Blue's Clues , so I can't comment. Memento is one of those rare movies I can watch repeatedly.
Have you come across "Following", the movie Christopher Nolan made before Memento,  on a pretty well zero budget,  as an unknown. It is also extremely noir and achronological but very different in it's tone and characterisation.

No, I haven't. I might have to check it out.  :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 14, 2012, 04:32:19 PM

It has just dawned on me, I'm now an imaginary dog myself. I wonder if I can persuade anyone to follow my instructions.

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 14, 2012, 03:40:16 PM

Ha, the true En_Route would never fail to capitalise the first word of sentence, not unless there was an applicable precedent dating back to the eighth century, probably involving a priest pissed at being corrected by a smart ass novice.

And he would do so horrisonantly.  *nods solemnly*

(Firefox doesn't even believe that's a real word, E_R)

Quote from: ERMemento is one of those rare movies I can watch repeatedly.

Perhaps because....hahahaha.....you keep.....snick.....forgetting how it ends? *Giant hopeful smile*

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on July 14, 2012, 04:57:46 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 14, 2012, 03:40:16 PM

And he would do so horrisonantly.  *nods solemnly*

(Firefox doesn't even believe that's a real word, E_R)

Quote from: ERMemento is one of those rare movies I can watch repeatedly.

Perhaps because....hahahaha.....you keep.....snick.....forgetting how it ends? *Giant hopeful smile*

Forgetting what ends?

Buddy

Man, I miss Blue's Clues. That was my all time favorite show growing up.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

TheWalkingContradiction

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 14, 2012, 07:56:44 PM

I had a crush on Steve.   ;D

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: TheWalkingContradiction on July 14, 2012, 08:20:36 PM

He's in an indie band, now! That's why he left the show, to pursue a music career.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 14, 2012, 08:26:47 PM
Quote from: TheWalkingContradiction on July 14, 2012, 08:20:36 PM

He's in an indie band, now! That's why he left the show, to pursue a music career.

NO WAY, SERIOUSLY?!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

TheWalkingContradiction

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 15, 2012, 03:41:45 AM

NO WAY, SERIOUSLY?!

I had no idea either.  Found him on Wikipedia.  He's 38 now.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Burns

Also ound him his indie band.  Holy Blue's Clues, Batman!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzCBxQEDz24

Late edit: What language am I speaking?

Also found his indie band.

Buddy

Quote from: TheWalkingContradiction on July 15, 2012, 04:46:17 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 15, 2012, 03:41:45 AM

NO WAY, SERIOUSLY?!

I had no idea either.  Found him on Wikipedia.  He's 38 now.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Burns

Also ound him his indie band.  Holy Blue's Clues, Batman!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzCBxQEDz24

That's cool that he made his dreams come true. Though I was stil pissed for a whole because I never liked the other guy as much.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

QuoteThe orca held the shark upside down to induce the tonic immobility and kept the shark still for fifteen minutes, causing it to suffocate and then proceeded to eat the dead shark's liver.[36][43][44] Another similar attack apparently occurred there in 2000, but its outcome is not clear.[45] After both attacks, the local population of about 100 great whites vanished.[44][45] Following the 2000 incident, a great white with a satellite tag was found to have immediately submerged to depth of 500 m and swam to Hawaii.[

Cooool.

I'm trying to get a good price on one of these.